Windows 10: Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files

Discus and support Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have recently been moving files from my laptop to my PC. All my video files are in the MOV format because they were created from my phone. All the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LAXS, Jun 9, 2022.

1. LAXS Win User

Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files

I have recently been moving files from my laptop to my PC. All my video files are in the MOV format because they were created from my phone. All the videos play from the Movies and TV app on my laptop. After I transfer the files from my laptop to my PC via flash drive, I tried playing the videos in the Movies and TV app on my PC. All of the videos play on the Movies and TV app except for recently created videos. A message stating “missing codec 0xc00d5212.”As I’ve stated before, all the videos were created from my phone and are in MOV format. I don’t understand why on my laptop, all the videos

:)

LAXS, Jun 9, 2022
  2. topgundcp Win User

.MOV file will not play

You have 2 options:
    1. Download and install Quicktime Player to play .mov: QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows OR
    2. Download and install Handbrake: HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder and convert .mov file to another format such as .avi or .mp4 then you can play with VLC or with Movies & TV App that came installed with Windows.

topgundcp, Jun 9, 2022
  3. mov files

You should also note that movies & TV app will play .mov files by default as well. So you can try opening "Movies & TV" app and then throwing the file into there to play it as well. Sorry I did not relay this information before.

You can go to settings > apps > scroll down to default apps by file type > scroll down to .mov > click the app that it is using as default and change to movies & TV then that should work.

Also you need to have an apple account to use apple computers which is similar to outlook.

Zackary Vanosdol, Jun 9, 2022
  4. slim142 Win User

.MOV files play choppy

Trying to open .mov files on a computer, video will start fine for 3 seconds then freeze. Play for one second, then freeze again for 5 seconds. Happens with multiple .mov files.

Tried using WMP and VLC. Task manager is not showing signs of PC being taxed.

Ideas?

slim142, Jun 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files - Similar Threads - Movie App play

2. Unable to play a big mov file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play a big mov file: I cannot play a big mov file with Movies & TV. It can be used to play small mov files with no issue. But for the big one, the software launches, but no video is played. The link to the file I am having the issue with:...
  3. Unable to play a big mov file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to play a big mov file: I cannot play a big mov file with Movies & TV. It can be used to play small mov files with no issue. But for the big one, the software launches, but no video is played. The link to the file I am having the issue with:...
  4. Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files

Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files: I have recently been moving files from my laptop to my PC. All my video files are in the MOV format because they were created from my phone. All the videos play from the Movies and TV app on my laptop. After I transfer the files from my laptop to my PC via flash drive, I...
  5. Cannot Play .MOV files

Cannot Play .MOV files: I use a Zoom q4n to record videos that I have to submit as schoolwork. The camera only records in the .MOV format and when I try to import them to my surface they import with only audio and no video. When I try to open video files with the windows Movies and TV app I get the...
  6. .MOV files on Photos App

.MOV files on Photos App: Hi, I have been having problems playing MOV files on the photos app. I downloaded some codecs from the microsoft store at a cost of 79 pence. This has partially fixed the problem as Photos app will now play the files. However, when I try to incorporate these MOV files...
  7. Movies & TV app won't open .mov file - time sensitive

Movies & TV app won't open .mov file - time sensitive: I recorded a video for a school project on an iPhone 10, uploaded it to Google Drive (too large to be attached in an email), and downloaded the video to my laptop. When I tried to open the video in Movies & TV, it first indicated I should purchase an updated codec for $0.99...
  8. .MOV files -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .MOV files -: what sw do i need to download to view these video files to see and hear them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mov-files/c7b6183e-4aff-4ab5-b8b1-d489560e2485
  9. mov files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mov files: As usual Microsoft in its grand plan it has not provided to play an MOV file!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mov-files/35c167f9-1dea-4bbd-91f4-d0249b03c135
  10. .MOV file will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    .MOV file will not play: My daughter sent a message to my wife’s IPad, that contained a .mov file of the junior school concert items a grandson took part in, from her IPhone. I wanted to listen with better volume and sound, so we the file to an email to me: File name IMG_nnnn.MOV. I detached the...