Windows 10: Mouse Without Borders: Cursor on slave machine acts like mouse button is pressed

Discus and support Mouse Without Borders: Cursor on slave machine acts like mouse button is pressed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been using Mouse Without Borders for a few years now with great success. Suddenly, I have this problem where the cursor on the slave machine acts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ScottInTucsonVO, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Mouse Without Borders: Cursor on slave machine acts like mouse button is pressed

I've been using Mouse Without Borders for a few years now with great success. Suddenly, I have this problem where the cursor on the slave machine acts like the left mouse button is being pressed continuously when it isn't. When I move the cursor to the slave machine, it grabs my browser window that is under the cursor in the middle of the top of the screen. I've tried changing settings on MWB, I've tried doing updates, restarts and uninstalled/reinstalled MWB. When I disconnect MWB and use the trackpad on the laptop, this problem doesn't occur. I am running MWB as the master on Windows 11 and

:)

ScottInTucsonVO, Jul 26, 2023

2. Mouse without Boarders How do I reduce the mouse cursor size on the slave machine?

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

It sounds like you have already tried several troubleshooting steps to address the issue with the mouse cursor size on the slave machine while using Mouse without Borders. One additional thing you can try is to adjust the scaling settings in Windows 10 for the slave machine.

To do this, right-click on the desktop of the slave machine and select "Display settings" from the context menu. Then, scroll down to the "Scale and layout" section and adjust the scaling setting to a smaller percentage, such as 100% or 125%, depending on your preference. This should decrease the size of the mouse cursor on the slave machine.

If this doesn't work, you could also try updating the mouse driver on the slave machine or reinstalling Mouse without Borders on both machines. It's possible that there may be a compatibility issue between Mouse without Borders and the current configuration of your system.

I hope one of these solutions works for you and helps to resolve the issue with the mouse cursor size.

Nicole Aljecera, Jul 26, 2023
  3. (Garage) Mouse Without Borders: on slave mouse scroll not working

Hi there,

Mouse Without Borders is a nice piece of software, I am enjoying it.

Everything runs smoothly (mouse, copy&paste, etc,) except for the fact that mouse scrolling is not working on the slave machine.

Both master and slave are Windows 10 machine.

On the master scroll works fine (e.g. browser) but on slave I am unable to do it.

Please advise.

Thanks

Luca

LucaRoss666, Jul 26, 2023
  4. Mouse Without Borders: Cursor on slave machine acts like mouse button is pressed

(Garage) Mouse Without Borders: on slave mouse scroll not working

Hello Luca,

I'd like to know more about the scroll issue you're experiencing when using
    Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders
    on your machines. Kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • Can you tell me the current OS Build of each device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type
      About your PC, press Enter, and then scroll down to
      Windows specifications.

We tried replicating the issue using two Windows 10 laptop and the scrolling worked fine. That being said, I recommend performing a clean boot on the slave machines. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup
    programs. This procedure can help us isolate if an installed software is conflicting with the
    Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders program. For the steps on how to perform a clean boot in Windows 10, refer to this
    support article. Follow the steps outlined under the section:
    How to perform a clean boot > Windows 10. You can also watch our
    for more details. Once the slave machine is in a clean boot state, try to pair it again
    with the master PC.

IMPORTANT: Go to the section: Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the PC in normal startup after identifying the cause of the issue.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Devlin Sco, Jul 26, 2023
Thema:

Mouse Without Borders: Cursor on slave machine acts like mouse button is pressed

1. Mouse Without Borders: Cursor on slave machine acts like mouse button is pressed - Similar Threads - Mouse Without Borders

2. Mouse Without Borders: Cursor on slave machine acts like mouse button is pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Without Borders: Cursor on slave machine acts like mouse button is pressed: I've been using Mouse Without Borders for a few years now with great success. Suddenly, I have this problem where the cursor on the slave machine acts like the left mouse button is being pressed continuously when it isn't. When I move the cursor to the slave machine, it grabs...
  3. Mouse Without Borders: Cursor on slave machine acts like mouse button is pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Without Borders: Cursor on slave machine acts like mouse button is pressed: I've been using Mouse Without Borders for a few years now with great success. Suddenly, I have this problem where the cursor on the slave machine acts like the left mouse button is being pressed continuously when it isn't. When I move the cursor to the slave machine, it grabs...
  4. Mouse without Boarders How do I reduce the mouse cursor size on the slave machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse without Boarders How do I reduce the mouse cursor size on the slave machine?: Hi - My mouse cursor works great on the single screen on my primary computer. But when the cursor travels to the 2 screens of the slave computer, it increases in size. How do I make it the same size as the primary? I have already checked all the cursor settings in mouse...
  5. Mouse without Boarders How do I reduce the mouse cursor size on the slave machine?

Mouse without Boarders How do I reduce the mouse cursor size on the slave machine?: Hi - My mouse cursor works great on the single screen on my primary computer. But when the cursor travels to the 2 screens of the slave computer, it increases in size. How do I make it the same size as the primary? I have already checked all the cursor settings in mouse...
  6. Mouse without Boarders How do I reduce the mouse cursor size on the slave machine?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Mouse without borders, phantom cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse without borders, phantom cursor: In some games on a remote machine, a "phantom" cursor appears in the middle of the screen Cyberpunk for example, it looks like a standard Windows cursor, while the cursor from the game moves as usual.Has anyone ever had this kind of problem?...
  8. Mouse without borders, phantom cursor

Mouse without borders, phantom cursor: In some games on a remote machine, a "phantom" cursor appears in the middle of the screen Cyberpunk for example, it looks like a standard Windows cursor, while the cursor from the game moves as usual.Has anyone ever had this kind of problem?...
  9. Mouse Without Borders how to remove machine

Mouse Without Borders how to remove machine: I used to have desktop A connected with desktop B through Mouse Without Borders. Recently I got a new desktop C to replace B so I only want the Mouse Without Borders to connect desktop A with C. However my MWB kept trying to connect A with B by default and because B is not on...
  10. Mouse Without Borders how to remove machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse Without Borders how to remove machine: I used to have desktop A connected with desktop B through Mouse Without Borders. Recently I got a new desktop C to replace B so I only want the Mouse Without Borders to connect desktop A with C. However my MWB kept trying to connect A with B by default and because B is not on...