Windows 10: Mouse scrolling direction not working

Discus and support Mouse scrolling direction not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I just starting using my windows 11 computer and have been noticing that my touchpad scrolls the right way scroll down to go up, but my mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Help needed_728, Jun 18, 2023.

1. Mouse scrolling direction not working

So I just starting using my windows 11 computer and have been noticing that my touchpad scrolls the right way scroll down to go up, but my mouse scrolls a different way scroll down to go down. This makes it hard for me to play games and whatnot, as I am used to scrolling down to go up while my mouse doesn't. Is their any way I can fix this?

:)

Help needed_728, Jun 18, 2023

2. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Jun 18, 2023
  3. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

I have a new computer (Dell) and have never before had a PC (Macs only). I connected my favorite mouse, a Logitech M325, and it's working in the normal way. But I want to change the scroll direction to Natural Scrolling - what I'm used to. I've followed the directions available online. Under Mice - Hardware in Control Panel, there's just one mouse listed, an HID-Compliant mouse. First, I assumed that was the one I was using, so I changed it. Turns out that applied to the wired mouse that came with the computer and its scroll direction was successfully changed, as I found out when I plugged it back in. So these directions would work with my computer, but my mouse just isn't showing up as an HID-compliant mouse in the Mice area. I think I found it though...listed as a keyboard. And keyboards don't appear to have a path with a numeric string where I could change the digit to reverse scrolling. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix the scrolling - either how to get my mouse to show up in the Control Panel as a mouse, or a work-around. Thanks.

salishsong, Jun 18, 2023
  4. Mouse scrolling direction not working

Mouse pad scroll direction inverted

My laptop recently upgraded to Windows 10, and now I have noticed that the mouse scroll direction is inverted. It is becoming very uncomfortable to use.

Can someone suggest a way to fix this in Windows 10? Thanks!

AamodBhagwat, Jun 18, 2023
Thema:

Mouse scrolling direction not working

1. Mouse scrolling direction not working - Similar Threads - Mouse scrolling direction

2. Mouse scrolling in opposite direction after few scrolls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scrolling in opposite direction after few scrolls: Whenever im scrolling it scrolls back in opposite direction after few scrolls randomly mouse is fine coz i used other mouse too and issue is still same tried different usb ports and updating reinstalling drivers at the end i reinstalled my windows 10 but the issue is still...
  3. Mouse scrolling in opposite direction after few scrolls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scrolling in opposite direction after few scrolls: Whenever im scrolling it scrolls back in opposite direction after few scrolls randomly mouse is fine coz i used other mouse too and issue is still same tried different usb ports and updating reinstalling drivers at the end i reinstalled my windows 10 but the issue is still...
  4. Mouse scrolling in opposite direction after few scrolls

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. change mouse scroll direction.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change mouse scroll direction.: Mouse move page down when fingers move up and reverse, I want it the other way around https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-mouse-scroll-direction/cd68b67a-b5f4-4433-b75f-64c373f105dd
  6. change mouse scroll direction.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change mouse scroll direction.: Mouse move page down when fingers move up and reverse, I want it the other way around https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-mouse-scroll-direction/cd68b67a-b5f4-4433-b75f-64c373f105dd
  7. change mouse scroll direction.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Mouse scrolling direction not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scrolling direction not working: So I just starting using my windows 11 computer and have been noticing that my touchpad scrolls the right way scroll down to go up, but my mouse scrolls a different way scroll down to go down. This makes it hard for me to play games and whatnot, as I am used to scrolling down...
  9. Mouse scroll not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse scroll not working?: Is anyone else's mouse scrollwheel not working after the latest 1909 feature update for windows 10? -November 12, 2019. submitted by /u/pandabush1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvm8lu/mouse_scroll_not_working/
  10. Mouse scroll not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse scroll not working: Hello...I don't know quite how to explain this but here goes. My scroll button on the mouse wont work on web pages or anywhere on the computer for that matter. It brings up a bar on the left side that shows a color and numbers from zero to one hundred. That will scroll up...