Windows 10: Mouse pointer disappears when in fullscreen mode in a game

Discus and support Mouse pointer disappears when in fullscreen mode in a game in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My problem is when I start a game and enter fullscreen mode, sometimes my mouse pointer disappears, and I have done all I can possibly think of to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marco Lindstrøm Hessel, May 10, 2024.

1. Mouse pointer disappears when in fullscreen mode in a game

My problem is when I start a game and enter fullscreen mode, sometimes my mouse pointer disappears, and I have done all I can possibly think of to fix it. I have tried: -Updating drivers -Reinstalling mouse driver -disconnecting and reconnecting mouse to pc -changing display from fullscreen to windowed and back -closing and starting the game I have a Model O2 wireless mouse, most of the time I play wireless, but when charging wired, although nothing happens to the disappearing mouse.

:)

Marco Lindstrøm Hessel, May 10, 2024

2. The combination of DX11, Mouse Pointer Trails and Fullscreen Games means no mouse cursor.

I want to use the accessibility feature called Mouse Pointer Trails to help me track the mouse. I also want to play DX11 based games in fullscreen mode. When I launch a DX11 game in fullscreen mode when Pointer Trails is active the cursor will disappear,
    making the game unplayable.

Luckily, the game still supports DX9, and when I configure the game to use DX9 the problem does not occur.

Interestingly, if I run the game in DX9, quit, and re-configure to DX11 and restart the game, the problem also does not occur. However, this workaround is short-lived as the vendor is phasing out support for DX9.

This problem is also documented here: Mouse cursor disappears in fullscreen mode

I'd really like to see this accessibility feature fixed in DX11 (and DX12, although I haven't tried testing with DX12). This problem also exists in Windows 7.

I've already logged a bug with Tech Support on this issue, but the techie asked me to post it here as well.

Its_Just_Me_65856764645342, May 10, 2024
  3. The combination of DX11, Mouse Pointer Trails and Fullscreen Games means no mouse cursor.

Hi,

For Mouse Pointer Trails, refer the steps below.

Step 1: Click the bottom-left Start button on the desktop, enter
    mouse in the blank box and tap Mouse in the search results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Choose Pointer Options, select
    Display pointer trails
    and hit OK.

Tip: To specify the length of pointer trails, you can move the
    small scale in Visibility to left or right.

Also for the mouse issue, I suggest you to download the latest drivers for mouse from the manufacturer's website and check. Install the drivers in compatible mode and check as well.

I suggest you to run the game in Direct X12 as this is the latest in Windows 10. Check if the issue persist.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, May 10, 2024
  4. DrDuncan Win User

Mouse pointer disappears when in fullscreen mode in a game

Mouse Pointer Randomly Disappears

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, 10.1.19044, and have been for some time. My mouse pointer randomly disappears, even though it can still function. I have used an Anker Vertical mouse at work and at home for a few years now. The one I use at work died recently. I looked through Amazon for choices for a vertical mouse. I chose a more equipped Anker one with buttons for going backwards and forwards. My employer paid for it. Within the first day of using it, my mouse pointer disappeared. I'm significantly visually impaired and therefore, have a large pointer that is purple. I don't see purple on anything I do at work, which makes this a good mouse pointer color. I restarted my computer. That didn't help. I can see where the pointer is supposed to be, e.g, if I try to move the pointer over some choices in a drop-down list, each one appears like it has focus, but I can't work this way. I went to Task Manager and was able, sort of, to find applications and stop them. Once, closing Firefox fixed it. Another time, closing the Windows magnifier made the pointer reappear. Before we send it back to Amazon, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I've never had this happen before, and I assume it's the new mouse that is at fault. Sometime last week when I began using the new Anker mouse, Windows 10 updated itself. I don't know if that is the problem, but I assume it's the mouse. Any suggestions for how to fix this? Thanks.

DrDuncan, May 10, 2024
Thema:

Mouse pointer disappears when in fullscreen mode in a game

1. Mouse pointer disappears when in fullscreen mode in a game - Similar Threads - Mouse pointer disappears

2. Mouse pointer disappears when in fullscreen mode in a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer disappears when in fullscreen mode in a game: My problem is when I start a game and enter fullscreen mode, sometimes my mouse pointer disappears, and I have done all I can possibly think of to fix it. I have tried: -Updating drivers -Reinstalling mouse driver -disconnecting and reconnecting mouse to pc -changing display...
  3. Mouse Pointer Disappearing When I Start a Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pointer Disappearing When I Start a Game: I got 2 monitors and when i started WWE 2K19, my mouse pointer disappeared. I moved my mouse towards free the monitor but it wasn't appearing. Please help....
  4. Mouse Pointer Disappearing When I Start a Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer Disappearing When I Start a Game: I got 2 monitors and when i started WWE 2K19, my mouse pointer disappeared. I moved my mouse towards free the monitor but it wasn't appearing. Please help....
  5. Mouse pointer disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer disappearing: Mouse pointer is disappearing. It appears again only if i reset my pc every time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-disappearing/e4668547-9078-4b09-a897-aa54849a0abe
  6. Mouse pointer disappeared

Mouse pointer disappeared: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Home on ASUS Vivobook Flip 14 TP410UAIR. Immediately after the system got updated on Feb 14 in the morning my mouse pointer disappeared. The device manager says the drivers are up to date but HID-compliant mouse, ASUS touchpad or I2C device is not...
  7. Mouse pointer disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pointer disappearing: When I updated Windows 10 today, with the November 2019 update, my mouse pointer was disappearing while navigating through my Inbox in the Windows Mail app. The way I got the mouse pointer to come back, was to change the advanced mouse setting options so that the pointer...
  8. Mouse pointer disappearing

Mouse pointer disappearing: My USB mouse pointer disappearing every now and then. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-disappearing/9146b0ac-3106-42a0-9dd8-7b0d5cc23eb1
  9. Mouse pointer shows in fullscreen gaming when it shouldn't

Mouse pointer shows in fullscreen gaming when it shouldn't: Whenever I launch a game (any game) my mouse works fine just as its supposed to. It changes to the games default mouse and everything runs fine until I move it into the middle-rightmost area of the screen. When it goes there it changes from the games mouse to the default...
  10. Disappearing Mouse Pointer

Disappearing Mouse Pointer: I have Windows 10 and my mouse pointer keeps disappearing from the screen. If I restart my computer, it comes back, but eventually disappears again. I'm only using a touchpad - not a plug-in mouse....