Windows 10: Mouse Not Scrolling, Edge and Windows Explorer Open New Windows, Caps lock on and keyboard...

Discus and support Mouse Not Scrolling, Edge and Windows Explorer Open New Windows, Caps lock on and keyboard... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Suddenly my new laptop starting acting up when connected to external docking station and monitor has been working fine in this set up for monthsmouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ReneeTV, Aug 20, 2024.

1. ReneeTV Win User

Mouse Not Scrolling, Edge and Windows Explorer Open New Windows, Caps lock on and keyboard...

Suddenly my new laptop starting acting up when connected to external docking station and monitor has been working fine in this set up for monthsmouse wheel does not scroll in chrome or Edgeclicking on text highlights all text before itclicking links and Windows Explorer icons opens a new windowtyping is in all caps c lock is offnumbers do not workEverything was fine last night and now this morning it's a mess.This is similar to another person's post here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-not-scrolling-edge-and-windows-explorer-open/0e2040a5-3c91-4fa3-bc79-ba1ec77

:)

ReneeTV, Aug 20, 2024

2. Mouse Not Scrolling, Edge and Windows Explorer Open New Windows Instead of Pulling Up Open Ones

This morning my PC has been acting up.

• mouse wheel does not scroll in Edge or Steam (works in Windows Explorer)
    • clicking on text highlights all text before it
    • clicking links and Windows Explorer icons opens a new window
    • typing is in all caps (c lock is off)
    • keyboard right-side calculator does not work
    Everything was fine last night and now this morning it's a mess.

EDIT: As soon as I posted this, everything went back to normal but it will happen again because this is the second time this morning when I thought it was fine (and it's only 7 am).

Alex Kramer1985, Aug 20, 2024
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2024
  4. Mouse Not Scrolling, Edge and Windows Explorer Open New Windows, Caps lock on and keyboard...

Wireless keyboard with Caps Lock LED

It does.

Try this -

To show alerts visually in Windows 10 when using Caps Lock or Num Lock:

Select the Windows icon on the Taskbar.
    Select Settings (Gear icon).
    Select Ease of Access.
    Select Keyboard from the left pane.
    Navigate to Use Toggle Key.
    Set the Play a sound whenever you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock option to On.
    Select the Windows icon, Settings, Ease of Access, Audio.
    Choose an option from the Show audio alerts visually drop-down.

Steps courtesy of the Lenovo website.

OldNavyGuy, Aug 20, 2024
Thema:

Mouse Not Scrolling, Edge and Windows Explorer Open New Windows, Caps lock on and keyboard...

1. Mouse Not Scrolling, Edge and Windows Explorer Open New Windows, Caps lock on and keyboard... - Similar Threads - Mouse Scrolling Edge

2. Mouse Not Scrolling, Edge and Windows Explorer Open New Windows, Caps lock on and keyboard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Not Scrolling, Edge and Windows Explorer Open New Windows, Caps lock on and keyboard...: Suddenly my new laptop starting acting up when connected to external docking station and monitor has been working fine in this set up for monthsmouse wheel does not scroll in chrome or Edgeclicking on text highlights all text before itclicking links and Windows Explorer icons...
  3. Mouse Not Scrolling, Edge and Windows Explorer Open New Windows Instead of Pulling Up Open Ones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse Not Scrolling, Edge and Windows Explorer Open New Windows Instead of Pulling Up Open Ones: This morning my PC has been acting up. mouse wheel does not scroll in Edge or Steam works in Windows Explorerclicking on text highlights all text before itclicking links and Windows Explorer icons opens a new windowtyping is in all caps c lock is offkeyboard right-side...
  4. Mouse Not Scrolling, Edge and Windows Explorer Open New Windows Instead of Pulling Up Open Ones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Not Scrolling, Edge and Windows Explorer Open New Windows Instead of Pulling Up Open Ones: This morning my PC has been acting up. mouse wheel does not scroll in Edge or Steam works in Windows Explorerclicking on text highlights all text before itclicking links and Windows Explorer icons opens a new windowtyping is in all caps c lock is offkeyboard right-side...
  5. Mouse Not Scrolling, Edge and Windows Explorer Open New Windows Instead of Pulling Up Open Ones

6. Caps lock freezes keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps lock freezes keyboard: Hi. When I press caps lock, my laptop keyboard freezes and it seems activates the Windows key at the same time. It also brings up speech recognition, multiple display function, and starts typing '8' on repeat if a text box is available. When I used a keyboard tester, it seems...
  7. New keyboard caps lock problem,

New keyboard caps lock problem,: I have a new ergonomic wired MS keyboard, Model #1878-1923 X22-18381-02 With caps lock turned off I get caps anyway, I just returned a keyboard to Amazon, and this second one does the same thing. My computer runs Windows 10 the keyboard Is USB connected to the computer....
  8. keyboard caps lock

keyboard caps lock: hello when I type words in on my keyboard it will stay in the correct caps setting but when I change it it stays for about an extra 3-5 minutes before changing to the setting of the correct cap. this has become a problem as recently it has caused me to slow down when...
  9. Keyboard caps lock

Keyboard caps lock: I have just bought a keyboard with larger characters on the keys and its good except for one small niggle. The warning light for caps lock is very small. I am a one fingered typist, and don't look at the screen until I have at least completed a sentence. This results in a lot...
  10. No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?

No caps lock indicator with new keyboard?: I got a new keyboard. It does not have a light that shows caps lock on or off. And a desktop indicator no longer shows caps lock as being turned on or off. How can I make Windows indicate the caps lock setting? Thank you for your help. 61165