Windows 10: Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Working in Background

Discus and support Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Working in Background in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It's been happening for 2 days now. The mouse cursor is always in working in background mode and only sometimes does it turn back to normal, but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bahaeddine Chikhi, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Working in Background

It's been happening for 2 days now. The mouse cursor is always in working in background mode and only sometimes does it turn back to normal, but not for long.Restarting the computer, ending task of explorer and running a System File Checker didn't work.I noticed a couple people have asked about this same issue less than a day ago, could it be cause by a recent Windows update?I don't have much experience so I'd like to understand what the cause might be, if it's in anyway harmful and a clear way that could fix it.Thank you!

:)

Bahaeddine Chikhi, Jan 13, 2024

2. Mouse cursor stuck on working in background

Hi All,

For the past 2 days my mouse cursor has been stuck on working in background and switches to working in background almost instantly after log in.

So far I have:

Reviewed task manager and top of the list is antimalware service executable at 10% CPU.

Checked for and updated all drivers for the mouse and have switched mouse with no effect

Installed all windows updates available to me.

Performed a clean boot with no startup apps but still the cursor switched to working in background almost instantly after log in.

The cursor seems to have a slight flicker as well.

My googling hasnt really gotten me anywhere but I have seen similar issues when people were upgrading from windows 8 to 10? And the fact the clean boot didnt stop the issue makes me think its a windows issue?

Although it doesnt seem to be having any effect on performance it is still very frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 21H2

Intel i7-9700K

16gb RAM

2070 Super

Glorious Model D wireless (Mouse)

Logi G915 Wireless (Keyboard)

JamesColes3, Jan 13, 2024
  3. BLUETOOTH MOUSE WON T MOOVE. WHY?

I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000 that works only (right and left click works properly) but it won t moove. please help me and answer me as soon as possible.

#mahdichaabani, Jan 13, 2024
  4. OneMoar Win User

Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Working in Background

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Jan 13, 2024
Thema:

Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Working in Background

1. Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Working in Background - Similar Threads - Mouse Cursor Won't

2. my mouse cursor has been stuck on working in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mouse cursor has been stuck on working in background: Since this new update came out and I have updated windows 11For the past 2 days my mouse cursor has been stuck on working in background and switches to working in background almost instantly after log in Work in the background is not finished yet and they are still the...
  3. my mouse cursor has been stuck on working in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my mouse cursor has been stuck on working in background: Since this new update came out and I have updated windows 11For the past 2 days my mouse cursor has been stuck on working in background and switches to working in background almost instantly after log in Work in the background is not finished yet and they are still the...
  4. Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Working in Background

Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Working in Background: It's been happening for 2 days now. The mouse cursor is always in working in background mode and only sometimes does it turn back to normal, but not for long.Restarting the computer, ending task of explorer and running a System File Checker didn't work.I noticed a couple...
  5. Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Loading: My mouse cursor won't stop "Working In Background." Windows Error Reporting Services has a high CPU usage. I've tried restarting the computer, running a full scan with McAfee, disabling McAfee, and killing the high memory not CPU usage task but it's still loading. I have...
  6. Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Loading

Mouse Cursor Won't Stop Loading: My mouse cursor won't stop "Working In Background." Windows Error Reporting Services has a high CPU usage. I've tried restarting the computer, running a full scan with McAfee, disabling McAfee, and killing the high memory not CPU usage task but it's still loading. I have...
  7. Mouse cursor stuck on working in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor stuck on working in background: Hi All,For the past 2 days my mouse cursor has been stuck on working in background and switches to working in background almost instantly after log in.So far I have:Reviewed task manager and top of the list is antimalware service executable at 10% CPU.Checked for and updated...
  8. Mouse cursor stuck on working in background

Mouse cursor stuck on working in background: Hi All,For the past 2 days my mouse cursor has been stuck on working in background and switches to working in background almost instantly after log in.So far I have:Reviewed task manager and top of the list is antimalware service executable at 10% CPU.Checked for and updated...
  9. Mouse cursor stuck on working in background

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Mouse cursor won't move

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor won't move: I am using an ASUS Windows 10 Laptop and haven't been able to use the mouse since I shut it down. Before shutting it down, though, there was a necessary update. After that, the mouse cursor just disappeared. Right now, however, it is visible - but I still can't interact with...