Windows 10: Mouse clicking randomly every few minutes

Discus and support Mouse clicking randomly every few minutes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows 10/11, my mouse randomly clicks on its own. When I exist games, very often the mouse left click will not work until I middle click.This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stacy kit10.us, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Mouse clicking randomly every few minutes

In Windows 10/11, my mouse randomly clicks on its own. When I exist games, very often the mouse left click will not work until I middle click.This happens with multiple games.The games are on Steam.Steps I've tried to resolve the issue:I have purchased a new mouse, and it has the same issue. So all mice I buy have the same problem.I have tried wired and wireless mice.I've update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. This should mean I have every update.

:)

stacy kit10.us, Jul 2, 2023
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 2, 2023
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Mouse randomly clicking?

Thanks for following up. Based on the information you provided, the first thing that I can suggest to you is the hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Cortana Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click View All.
    • From the list of troubleshooters, click Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter.

Once done, please let us know the outcome, or if you come up with any error message so we can further investigate.

If the issue still persists, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall drivers from the manufacturer's website manually. See
    How to find and download drivers from the manufacturers website
    section of this article from
    Andre Da Costa for more information and steps. Make sure that you choose the most stable driver for your mouse, even if it is not the latest version, and see how it goes.

Keep us on the loop for updates regarding this case.

Mark Isi, Jul 2, 2023
  4. jjacallen Win User

Mouse clicking randomly every few minutes

Mouse randomly clicks all by itself

I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo T460s laptop. The laptop has recently developed this strange problem with the mouse. It's very similar to the problem described in this ticket:

Redirecting

The issue reproduces no matter what mouse I use:
    • Logitech bluetooth mouse
    • Logitech wireless USB dongle mouse
    • Microsoft Comfort wired USB mouse
    • The Machine's touchpad
    Steps I've taken to troubleshoot the issue:

• I disabled the touchpad
    • I uninstalled Logitech software which was recommended by Logitech for the bluetooth mouse
    • I updated the driver for the touchpad (it was already up to date)
    • I tried a clean boot (according to the MS support instructions)
    • Bought a new mouse
    • Changed touchpad sensitivity to "low"
    • Uninstalled the driver for the touchpad (synaptics pointing device) - weirdly, when I restarted there was a new device listed in the device manager called "PS/2 compatible mouse" and the touchpad now works again, and I can no longer find the setting to
      disable it. So, that's strange. But apparently it's now using a Microsoft driver, which was the next thing to try - installing MS generic driver...

I'll try to describe the behavior a little better than the other ticket:

The cursor randomly left-clicks and holds. If I move the mouse when this happens, it drags whatever the cursor was on or it selects text, exactly as if I were holding the left mouse button. It randomly releases, too. Sometimes, it lasts only for a quick
    second, but sometimes it really gets stuck. When it is stuck, right-clicking usually releases it so I can continue working. Left-clicking doesn't help, I can left-click repeatedly and it doesn't release, when I use the touchpad buttons or the USB mouse buttons.
    Keyboard actions also don't have any effect on the behavior, as far as I can tell.

jjacallen, Jul 2, 2023
Thema:

Mouse clicking randomly every few minutes

1. Mouse clicking randomly every few minutes - Similar Threads - Mouse clicking randomly

2. Mouse clicking randomly every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse clicking randomly every few minutes: In Windows 10/11, my mouse randomly clicks on its own. When I exist games, very often the mouse left click will not work until I middle click.This happens with multiple games.The games are on Steam.Steps I've tried to resolve the issue:I have purchased a new mouse, and it has...
  3. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes every few minutes: Hi, I was having really critical PC issues. My computer will crash with the ":" blue screen very often. I have no idea what is causing this problem, but it really ruins my experience. Not really being able to do school work or play games. I would really appreciate the help,...
  4. Audio randomly cuts out every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio randomly cuts out every few minutes: This began to happen fairly recently, probably over the past few days. My audio is cutting out/lagging randomly when listening to Spotify and/or playing games for example. I'm using a DGX Xonar 5.1 soundcard for my toslink hi-fi system, as well as bluetooth headphones and...
  5. Random USB disconnect sound every few minutes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random USB disconnect sound every few minutes...: Yea so it's occuring every 5 minutes and is getting annoying, (the mouse cursor will disappear briefly for 1 second before the sound kicks in) I checked event viewer and there are many red error messages. Most are related to defrag error of both my SSD and HDD, some...
  6. Mouse lag every few minutes

Mouse lag every few minutes: Every few minutes, my mouse will lag for a very short amount of time. I first noticed this problem happening around 2 weeks ago. I have tried multiple mice/mousepads so I believe the issue has to do with my PC. I have also been using this PC for ~4 years with no prior...
  7. Pc randomly restarts every few minutes Please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc randomly restarts every few minutes Please help: Hi, my pc keeps restarting randomly. Just going black and rebooting at random intervals it also works fine during benchmarks and isn't overheating. I just built this pc so I don't think it's a hardware problem. Im using windows 10 home and let windows automatically install...
  8. Pc randomly restarts every few minutes Please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc randomly restarts every few minutes Please help: Hi, my pc keeps restarting randomly. Just going black and rebooting at random intervals it also works fine during benchmarks and isn't overheating. I just built this pc so I don't think it's a hardware problem. Im using windows 10 home and let windows automatically install...
  9. Laptop randomly going to sleep every few minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop randomly going to sleep every few minutes: I installed a new SSD into my Dell Insperon 13-7352, now the computer will randomly go to sleep every when it is being used. I've done some searching online and I thin the problem is similar to this one:...
  10. Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.

Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.: Lately I’ve noticed my mouse freezing every 20 or so seconds, and after a day or two the problem became worse and the mouse froze every 3 or 4 seconds. I have tried many solutions online to fix this problem, to no avail. I’ve uninstalled Realtek audio managed, and disabled...