Windows 10: Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time

Discus and support Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have two monitors connected to my PC and they have been randomly disconecting at the same time. The monitors still work fine when I plug my Xbox and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shauntheguy, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time

I have two monitors connected to my PC and they have been randomly disconecting at the same time. The monitors still work fine when I plug my Xbox and Switch into it and the wires connecting them work when I use them with my Xbox and Switch.I have tried swapping the cables on the PC and they still wont turn back on. The only way it will turn back on is if I turn the PC on and off again. And if I dont wait several hours thry will just turn off again within 10 minutes.I have also tried reinstalling my graphics card drivers but that hasnt helped the issue at all. Does anyone know what might be ca

:)

Shauntheguy, Mar 16, 2024
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Primary monitor blacks out after disconnecting from external

Hi Oscar,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

This issue could be due to the display setting corruption that only affected the primary display when disconnected from the secondary.

I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Press ‘Win + R’ keys on the keyboard together to open the Run dialog box and type the following into the Run box:
      appwiz.cpl
    • Uninstall Intel HD Graphics Drivers and exit
      Programs and Features.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapters and right click on
      Intel HD Graphics Display Driver.
    • Click on Uninstall and check the box
      Delete the driver software for this device.

• With the external monitor connected, reboot the machine.
    • Once the machine boots into the desktop, disconnect the external monitor and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 16, 2024
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 16, 2024
  4. Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time

Windows 10 Update - Now my dual monitors do not work

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why Windows 10 was unable to detect your dual monitor is an outdated or incompatible graphics driver. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Have you already tried performing the troubleshooting steps suggested by
      Mauro Cavallin on June 16, 2017?
    • Are both of the monitors not working just like what the original poster was experiencing? If yes, have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors? What was the outcome?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Mar 16, 2024
Thema:

Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time

1. Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time - Similar Threads - Monitors Disconnect Same

2. Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time: I have two monitors connected to my PC and they have been randomly disconecting at the same time. The monitors still work fine when I plug my Xbox and Switch into it and the wires connecting them work when I use them with my Xbox and Switch.I have tried swapping the cables on...
  3. Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time: I have two monitors connected to my PC and they have been randomly disconecting at the same time. The monitors still work fine when I plug my Xbox and Switch into it and the wires connecting them work when I use them with my Xbox and Switch.I have tried swapping the cables on...
  4. Can't get to a DisplayPort monitor and a VGA monitor to work at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get to a DisplayPort monitor and a VGA monitor to work at the same time: I upraged my GPU from a GTX 980 to a RX 6600 recently and I had a setup of main monitor DisplayPort modern monitor [ASUS MG248QR] and a second old monitor VGA [HP LE1901w}. I all workd fine when I had the GTX 980, meaning that I had signal with max resolution and framerate in...
  5. Can't get to a DisplayPort monitor and a VGA monitor to work at the same time

Can't get to a DisplayPort monitor and a VGA monitor to work at the same time: I upraged my GPU from a GTX 980 to a RX 6600 recently and I had a setup of main monitor DisplayPort modern monitor [ASUS MG248QR] and a second old monitor VGA [HP LE1901w}. I all workd fine when I had the GTX 980, meaning that I had signal with max resolution and framerate in...
  6. Can't get to a DisplayPort monitor and a VGA monitor to work at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. 2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.: Hello Microsoft Community members and users,I want to ask if there is a way to use the same PC for different users and different monitors so that user A use the PC in monitor 1 and user B use the same PC at the same time but in monitor 2? I tried to explain it in Graph 1. If...
  8. 2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.

2 users use same PC in different monitors at the same time.: Hello Microsoft Community members and users,I want to ask if there is a way to use the same PC for different users and different monitors so that user A use the PC in monitor 1 and user B use the same PC at the same time but in monitor 2? I tried to explain it in Graph 1. If...
  9. Spectrum Internet Issue.......Disconnects at almost same time....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spectrum Internet Issue.......Disconnects at almost same time....: Almost every day between 4pm and 5pm my Spectrum internet goes out for about 5-7 minutes, give or take a minute or two. It has been doing this since installing the service last fall. I have called Spectrum about this and they say that they do not show any interruption at all...
  10. Windows 10 - External monitors disconnection. Flickers 2 times at the same exact time everyday

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - External monitors disconnection. Flickers 2 times at the same exact time everyday: Hello everyone This could be related to the docking station driver maybe but, every day 11:27 am CT my computer (docked and with 2 external monitors) lose connection, looks like displays, network and everything gets disconnected, not sure if is like a system check, but I...