Windows 10: Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?

Discus and support Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two monitors setup individually with their own windows. After using my computer for a while tabs began flashing open and closed, computer began... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sebastian Stumbaugh, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?

I have two monitors setup individually with their own windows. After using my computer for a while tabs began flashing open and closed, computer began going a little slow, screens went black, then turned back on to all my tabs being frozen or closed with an empty error tab. After a restart they both were set to duplicate upon launch and had a low resolution. There is no option to increase it and the settings think I only have one monitor set up no matter what I do. I have tried restarting, changing ports etc. all the basics. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my driver and updating it. I’ve

:)

Sebastian Stumbaugh, Mar 14, 2024
  2. Sher Amo Win User

duplicating monitor

Hi,

Your concern about projecting your display to another monitor can be due to the configuration of your device and/or the setup that you're using.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What’s the current resolution of your display settings in your device? To check, right-click on the blank area of the desktop, choose
      Display settings and click Advanced display settings.
    • If any, what error messages did you receive when selecting duplicate? If possible, can you send us a screenshot of it?

In the meantime, we recommend that you run the built-in diagnostic tool in Windows 10 or the Windows 10 Troubleshooter. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Troubleshooting and press
      Enter.
    • Click on Hardware and
      Sound.
    • Find Hardware and Devices and click on it.

The troubleshooter will perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and fix issues related to your device.
    If the troubleshooter finds any issues, it'll be listed in the result with additional instructions you may need to follow. However, in most cases, the troubleshooter will find and apply fixes automatically.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Mar 14, 2024
  3. Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Mar 14, 2024
  4. Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 14, 2024
Thema:

Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?

1. Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix? - Similar Threads - Monitors are both

2. Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?: I have two monitors setup individually with their own windows. After using my computer for a while tabs began flashing open and closed, computer began going a little slow, screens went black, then turned back on to all my tabs being frozen or closed with an empty error tab....
  3. Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors are both stuck on duplicate and low resolution. How do I fix?: I have two monitors setup individually with their own windows. After using my computer for a while tabs began flashing open and closed, computer began going a little slow, screens went black, then turned back on to all my tabs being frozen or closed with an empty error tab....
  4. How do I fix my resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my resolution?: I have an HP pro desktop PC, it is connected to my TV via VGA cable because I don't have another monitor. I was looking at different drivers I could install on it and ignorently installed one, in doing so it changed my resolution to one not supported by my TV and I can no...
  5. How do I fix my resolution?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix my resolution?: I have an HP pro desktop PC, it is connected to my TV via VGA cable because I don't have another monitor. I was looking at different drivers I could install on it and ignorently installed one, in doing so it changed my resolution to one not supported by my TV and I can no...
  6. How do i fix broken resolution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix broken resolution?: I recently downloaded a goofy free game off steam mi scusi when i opened the game it was super zoomed in so i tried adjusting my resolution and zoom none of these worked however while adjusting them somethinf new happened ive messed with my resolution before but this was new...
  7. How do i fix broken resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix broken resolution?: I recently downloaded a goofy free game off steam mi scusi when i opened the game it was super zoomed in so i tried adjusting my resolution and zoom none of these worked however while adjusting them somethinf new happened ive messed with my resolution before but this was new...
  8. Fixes for duplicate logins do not work. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixes for duplicate logins do not work. How do I fix it?: When I enable automatic login to Windows 10, on booting I get a bad username or password error. I then get two versions of my login differing only in the icon.I can then log in using the correct entry + password.I have tried the suggested fix: re-enable requiring password,...
  9. computer stuck in low resolution (1024x768)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    computer stuck in low resolution (1024x768): I got a new monitor for my computer and I tuned it on, everything was fine and working, it looked good. I go to bed and turn it on this morning and the resolution is at 1024 x 768 so everything is wonky. I don't know how to fix it submitted by /u/Leviathan56 [link]...
  10. Monitor Resolution occasionally too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution occasionally too low: Hi, I have been having an occasional Issue with my second monitor that the resolution sets itself to 1280x1024 (cannot be increased effectively, even through Nvidia control panel) randomly after reboots or completely unplugging the PC for whatever reason, even though the...