Windows 10: monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on

Discus and support monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When Windows is turned on, the monitor goes blank for 2 seconds, and then turns on. it looks very tense, it feels like he is reconnecting. it all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nkwy, Apr 8, 2023.

1. nkwy Win User

monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on

When Windows is turned on, the monitor goes blank for 2 seconds, and then turns on. it looks very tense, it feels like he is reconnecting. it all started after reinstalling windows, it didn't happen before. new drivers. everything is fine with the monitor, new, the computer itself is also all new. maybe there is a way to solve this? during operation everything is fine, it only happens when the monitor is turned on. Sorry in advance for the possibly bad translation.

:)

nkwy, Apr 8, 2023
  2. ZoneDymo Win User

Second monitor not turning on at system boot since update

I have a 2 monitor setup.
    This has worked fine for years.

However now windows pulled yet another update and now I have a problem.

The second monitor does not turn on when I start up the PC.
    It is however still ermm "there", I can move/lose my mouse cursor on the second screen.

To fix it I have to go into the videocard control panel or just display settings in Windows and set it to anything other then "extend" and then just revert changes and the second screen will turn on.

However it is obviously rather annoying to have to do that every time I start up the pc or wake it from hibernation.

So any suggestions? anything I can delete or reset or reinstall?
    I did try a complete clean reinstall of the videocard (AMD HD4000 series) drivers but that did not change anything.

ZoneDymo, Apr 8, 2023
  3. When I turn on my second monitor my first monitor turns off briefly

I recently had an issue with my PC regarding a Windows Update. I was getting annoying errors in the Event Viewer and ended up using a System Restore. Everything seems to be okay now, except for one thing: When I turn on my second monitor, the first monitor goes off briefly, and then comes back on as soon as the second monitor turns on. (And the opposite happens: if I turn the second monitor off, the first monitor goes off as well, then pops back on). This never happened prior to the system restore.

Any idea how to fix that? I have tried to google this problem but I get a lot of mixed and unrelated results.

I'm running Windows 10 Home. My main monitor is an Alienware AW2721D and my second monitor is an old NEC EA231WMi. Both use display ports on my 3080ti graphics card. All other specs are listed in my profile if needed.

Edit: I also have the latest nVidia drivers as of today.

CharlieOne, Apr 8, 2023
  4. RavenXEX Win User

The monitor turns off for two seconds

At my house, the light turned off and immediately turned on. Now, when Windows starts, the monitor is working for 5 mins, then the monitor turns off for two seconds, and then turns on and everything is fine. There is no such thing in the BIOS. After starting the monitor itself, it does not turn off for two seconds. I tried to use DISM and scannow, tried to reinstall the drivers - no result.

RavenXEX, Apr 8, 2023
Thema:

1. monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on - Similar Threads - monitor turns off

2. monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on: When Windows is turned on, the monitor goes blank for 2 seconds, and then turns on. it looks very tense, it feels like he is reconnecting. it all started after reinstalling windows, it didn't happen before. new drivers. everything is fine with the monitor, new, the computer...
  3. monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on: When Windows is turned on, the monitor goes blank for 2 seconds, and then turns on. it looks very tense, it feels like he is reconnecting. it all started after reinstalling windows, it didn't happen before. new drivers. everything is fine with the monitor, new, the computer...
  4. The monitor turns off for two seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The monitor turns off for two seconds: At my house, the light turned off and immediately turned on. Now, when Windows starts, the monitor is working for 5 mins, then the monitor turns off for two seconds, and then turns on and everything is fine. There is no such thing in the BIOS. After starting the monitor...
  5. The monitor turns off for two seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The monitor turns off for two seconds: At my house, the light turned off and immediately turned on. Now, when Windows starts, the monitor is working for 5 mins, then the monitor turns off for two seconds, and then turns on and everything is fine. There is no such thing in the BIOS. After starting the monitor...
  6. The monitor turns off for two seconds

7. The second monitor flickers and turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  8. The second monitor flickers and turns off

The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  9. Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...

Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...: i dont waht really going on. when my second montiro turn off and didnt connect to power source . my leptop detected the second monitor [ATTACH] but the name Generic PnP Monitor not the monitor type. and then i plug the monitor to power resource, the windows wont recognize...
  10. Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off

Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off: When the power settings turn my monitors off after the designated time, my secondary monitor will enter power saving mode. I'll then immediately hear the sound of a device disconnecting from the system, then reconnecting. At that point, the second monitor will wake up and...