Windows 10: Monitor turn off timer keeps resetting to 20 minutes

Discus and support Monitor turn off timer keeps resetting to 20 minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After installing update KB5005033 my control panel setting for when the monitor turns off during inactivy keeps resetting to 20 minutes.This is one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Per Rosenberg, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Monitor turn off timer keeps resetting to 20 minutes

After installing update KB5005033 my control panel setting for when the monitor turns off during inactivy keeps resetting to 20 minutes.This is one of the reasons i ususally uninstall Windows update competely, because i don't want some new "feature" or bug added to my already just fine working system.If you want to force security updates up my proverbial butthole, that is okay, but not the other part.Anyways, anyone got any suggestions?And don't you dare mention drivers.Regards, P. Rosenberg

:)

Per Rosenberg, Sep 2, 2021

2. Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes (turn off display) and 10 minutes (sleep) when computer display turns off.

Every time the computer turns off the display, sleep timers reset to 5 minutes 10 minutes. Help pls?

Damstructions, Sep 2, 2021
  3. turn off timer on simple solitaire

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the Solitaire timer.

Please follow the below mentioned steps in order to turn off the timer:

• Run the game, and go to the top left corner, and click on the
      game option/symbol [].
    • Click on the settings, and search for the timer option.
    • Select the timer option from on to
      off

I suggest you to refer the link on Timing in Microsoft Solitaire Collection in Windows 10 replied by DrPepper23 replied on August 14, 2015 and check if it helps.

Timing in Microsoft Solitaire Collection in Windows 10

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with the Solitaire timer. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Sep 2, 2021
  4. s1lence1 Win User

Monitor turn off timer keeps resetting to 20 minutes

Screen Sleep Timer resets to 15 minutes

For a few months now the monitor sleep timer on one of my PC's resets to 15 minutes randomly. I always have my monitors set to never sleep because I don't want to miss updates that might appear on the applications that I use.

I am the only user and administrator of this PC, I double check every time I start the PC that it is set to Never sleep and yet for some reason I cannot figure out why it just decides to put my settings back to 15 minutes. Any ideas on this would be greatly
    appreciated.

s1lence1, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

Monitor turn off timer keeps resetting to 20 minutes

1. Monitor turn off timer keeps resetting to 20 minutes - Similar Threads - Monitor turn off

2. Microsoft Clock Focus Timer turning itself off after a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Clock Focus Timer turning itself off after a few minutes.: Been having an issue in the Clock app with the Focus Timer shutting itself off. I’ll set the timer, and about 5 minutes later it will revert back to the timer set screen. Normal timers work fine—it’s only the Focus timer. I’ve tried it on both my PC specs below and my Surface...
  3. Microsoft Clock Focus Timer turning itself off after a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Clock Focus Timer turning itself off after a few minutes.: Been having an issue in the Clock app with the Focus Timer shutting itself off. I’ll set the timer, and about 5 minutes later it will revert back to the timer set screen. Normal timers work fine—it’s only the Focus timer. I’ve tried it on both my PC specs below and my Surface...
  4. Sleep timer keeps resetting to 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep timer keeps resetting to 30 minutes: The desktop PCs at my work need to be on constantly (I work in security and need the camera feed visible at all times) I keep trying to set the sleep timer to either 5 hours or never, but this seldom works and more often randomly resets to 30 minutes. Is there a way to...
  5. My computer turns itself off after 20 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer turns itself off after 20 minutes.: My computer turns it's self off after 20 minutes. I have gone to settings and changed the shut down times to never but it still is doing it. I've also told it to never go to sleep. It's driving me crazy....
  6. Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when...

Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when...: Every time the computer turns off the display, sleep timers reset to 5 minutes 10 minutes. Help pls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sleep-timer-resets-to-5-minutes-turn/f7bd7559-515a-4bf9-80fd-41e4bae3aa83
  7. monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes)

in Windows 10 Support
    monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes): I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after (about) 10 minutes, and can't figure out why it is doing it. When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control. The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up. Monitor turns...
  8. monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes)

monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes): I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after (about) 10 minutes, and can't figure out why it is doing it. When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control. The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up. Monitor turns...
  9. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...
  10. when to turn off monitor - keeps resetting?

in Windows 10 Support
    when to turn off monitor - keeps resetting?: I changed it to never turn off my display. Yet it keeps reverting back to 15 mins. Any ideas what is causing this? 46555