Windows 10: Monitor says "No Display Detected" When Plugged In

Discus and support Monitor says "No Display Detected" When Plugged In in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; At first the PC wouldn't turn on for more than 5 seconds, but after installing new RAM sticks it did. However, the monitor won't detect it. I've reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Connor Walter, Jun 1, 2024.

1. Monitor says "No Display Detected" When Plugged In

At first the PC wouldn't turn on for more than 5 seconds, but after installing new RAM sticks it did. However, the monitor won't detect it. I've reset BIOS, checked the CPU, tested the GPU on a different PC, and ensured all cables are correctly and tightly placed. This PC is a custom built that has never been used before. Any ideas on the problem?Part list:Ryzen 5 2600RX 47016GB of DDR4MSI B450 Pro motherboard

:)

Connor Walter, Jun 1, 2024

2. Monitor Error "Didn't detect another display"

Hi I plugged in a second monitor but in the display settings it says "Didn t detect another display, though I m actually watching my laptop screen in the second monitor

[Original Title: Monitor Detection]

PaulaMassaglia1, Jun 1, 2024
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Second monitor streamed using Elgato HD60 Pro not detected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• How is the setup done? Do you mean to say that the monitor streamed is not being detected?

Standard graphic cards that do not have the special DMS port will not be able to send out two separate display signals to two different
    monitors. Seems like the monitor is attached to the onboard GPU port instead of NVidia, if the display is not being detected despite of the GPU supporting dual monitors. You may plug the
    monitor into the NVidia GPU port and check if it’s being detected.

If the issue persists, it could be due to faulty drivers. I suggest you to install the latest drivers from
    NVidia.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 1, 2024
  4. Monitor says "No Display Detected" When Plugged In

USB-C not detecting displays on Windows 11

I cannot connect my HP Pavillion 15t-eg100 to two external monitors. I am using a lenovo docking station and two lenovo ThinkVision T24i-30 monitors.

I have two monitors, a keyboard, and a mouse plugged into a docking station. When I plug the docking station into my laptop via USB-C, the keyboard and mouse work just fine but the monitors do not. All accessories work when connected to another laptop (which is running Windows 10). I know this is not an issue related to cables because I can swap between laptops and the screens are instantly detected. It is worth noting that the USB docking station is also actively charging my computer, so it should be capable of sending video unless I misunderstand.

Here are the steps I have already taken:

• Rescan to detect monitors several times
    • Check all cable connections/power
    • Update all my drivers
    • Check for software updates and restart my computer
    • Install Thunderbolt Control Center to attempt to detect displays
    • Install Lenovo Accessories and Display Manager to attempt to detect displays

Noah Tibben-Lembke, Jun 1, 2024
Thema:

Monitor says "No Display Detected" When Plugged In

1. Monitor says "No Display Detected" When Plugged In - Similar Threads - Monitor says Display

2. Monitor says "No Display Detected" When Plugged In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor says "No Display Detected" When Plugged In: At first the PC wouldn't turn on for more than 5 seconds, but after installing new RAM sticks it did. However, the monitor won't detect it. I've reset BIOS, checked the CPU, tested the GPU on a different PC, and ensured all cables are correctly and tightly placed. This PC is...
  3. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors detected but not displaying: Hi! At our company, we have been using the Codi 7 port mini docks for the majority of our workstations which we use to connect laptops to 2 external monitors via hdmi, mouse and keyboard via usb, and an ethernet cable. Over the past few weeks, a lot of them are starting to...
  4. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors detected but not displaying: Hi! At our company, we have been using the Codi 7 port mini docks for the majority of our workstations which we use to connect laptops to 2 external monitors via hdmi, mouse and keyboard via usb, and an ethernet cable. Over the past few weeks, a lot of them are starting to...
  5. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Monitors detected but not displaying

Monitors detected but not displaying: Hi everyone,I previously had 2 monitors connected via VGA, which both worked fine.I purchased 2 Samsung monitors, connected one via HDMI, the other via VGA and 1 of my HP monitors with the other VGA.It shows 4 screens detected but only the HDMI connected screen displays. When...
  7. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors detected but not displaying: Hi everyone,I previously had 2 monitors connected via VGA, which both worked fine.I purchased 2 Samsung monitors, connected one via HDMI, the other via VGA and 1 of my HP monitors with the other VGA.It shows 4 screens detected but only the HDMI connected screen displays. When...
  8. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. says it can't detect a second monitor but shows two displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    says it can't detect a second monitor but shows two displays: After I replaced the hard drive on my two-year-old HP, I cannot get the display to extend rather than duplicate mode. Both monitors work, independently or together. The computer insists it can't detect a second display, and it will only show one of the monitors in settings it...
  10. display monitor not detected

display monitor not detected: I have a second screen which was detected and worked yesterday. I was using it as a second monitor by extending my display. From today I am not able to detect it. I am using a HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the second screen. Steps I have tried: 1. Turning off and then...