Windows 10: Monitor not turning on after sleep

Discus and support Monitor not turning on after sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey, I just put my windows 10 pc on sleep and when I came back the monitor won't turn on. I already tried unplugging the power cable and replugging.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LucQD, Mar 28, 2021.

1. LucQD Win User

Monitor not turning on after sleep

Hey,

I just put my windows 10 pc on sleep and when I came back the monitor won't turn on. I already tried unplugging the power cable and replugging. Not working. I also cannot shut down my pc. I use a LG monitor. What can I do?

Thanks,

Luc

:)

LucQD, Mar 28, 2021
  2. SandyW360 Win User

Windows 10 Sleep/Lock Problem

This advice did not work for me.

Some one wrote this.... just upgraded to Windows 10 and my monitor will not come back from Sleep or Lock Mode without turning off the computer and rebooting.

I am and I am having the same problem with not coming back from sleep mode. If I press the on off button the monitor will come back on
    but everything is locked up and then I have to turn it off on the tower. And then turn it back on. What I have found to work is turning the power options to never turn off or sleep and then just turn off the
    monitor during the day and then just shut it off at night.

SandyW360, Mar 28, 2021
  3. CarlEdman Win User
    Monitor Sleep Repositions Icons and Windows

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have tried turning off align to grid and rebooting in safe and clean modes. None makes any difference. In fact, rebooting does not reset the icons (which is good). But turning the monitor off and on, or allowing it to go to sleep mode does.

The only workaround I have is to disable monitor sleep completely and leave a 43" monitor running all day and night.

CarlEdman, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Joe J SD Win User

Continuous Device Connect/Disonnect Sound when HP W2207 Monitor Sleeps

Hope someone can help.

HP Pavilion p7-1287c Desktop PC with HP W2207 monitor, running Windows 10. DVI cable from monitor to PC.

Here's what's happening:

• If signed out of windows the monitor sleeps without issue.
    • If signed on to windows the monitor sleeps and the computer loops the device connect/disconnect sound.
    • If using VGA cable no issues with monitor sleeping but computer won't sleep.
    • Have disconnected all USB devices except wireless mouse/keyboard combo.
    • Have tested with wired USB mouse and keyboard same issue.
    • Have ensured all drivers are updated to the latest versions.
    • Have tried playing with the Advanced Power Option settings for USB and no change in behavior.
    • Have tried requiring a password on wakeup and still no change.
    • Would like to keep the DVI cable vs going back to VGA.
    Please don't suggest turning off the sound for connecting/disconnecting devices.

Thanks.

Joe J

Joe J SD, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Monitor not turning on after sleep - Similar Threads - Monitor turning sleep

2. Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep: I've built 3 computers over the last 10 or so years. Each one has had a different OS. Windows 7, 10, and now 11. Each one, with completely different hardware, from completely different manufacturers, always ends up with one incredibly frustrating problem: they don't properly...
  3. Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors do not turn on after recovering from sleep: I've built 3 computers over the last 10 or so years. Each one has had a different OS. Windows 7, 10, and now 11. Each one, with completely different hardware, from completely different manufacturers, always ends up with one incredibly frustrating problem: they don't properly...
  4. Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep: Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From SleepI have dual monitors and I extend them, however, every time my computer wakes from sleep, the second monitor loses signal and I have to restart the computer. I tried to go to display and extend it again, but it won't work. I...
  5. Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From Sleep: Second Monitor Won't Turn On After Waking From SleepI have dual monitors and I extend them, however, every time my computer wakes from sleep, the second monitor loses signal and I have to restart the computer. I tried to go to display and extend it again, but it won't work. I...
  6. My Gateway monitor will not turn on after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Gateway monitor will not turn on after waking from sleep: Recently, my Gateway monitor will only repeatedly flash the Gateway logo when Windows wakes up from sleep. The Windows desktop will not display, and I have to manually power off the computer and restart.This is new behavior. Maybe after a Windows update. This is Windows 10,...
  7. Monitor wouldnt turn on from sleep mode after an error

Monitor wouldnt turn on from sleep mode after an error: When I leave my pc idleusually when downloading something etc., there would be a Chrome.exe or Explorer.exe error. After that my monitor would go to sleep mode and it wouldn't turn back on. Even if I try moving my mouse, nothing would happen. I have to restart my pc, then the...
  8. Dual monitors not turning on after sleep overnight?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitors not turning on after sleep overnight?: I'm using an LG and a Samsung TV as both of my monitors and after installing Nvidia drivers from the website and installing GeForce Experience for recording my monitors all of a sudden don't wanna turn on after a nights sleep. All I get on my TV and my main LG monitor are...
  9. Monitor is black after sleep

Monitor is black after sleep: So when i try to wake my pc from sleep, my pc wakes but the monitor is black and after like 1 min of waiting my pc automatically restarts which is rather annoying since I've tried everything i could to fix it with no success. This issue started to occur after i swapped from...
  10. Lights still on after shutdown + Monitor going to sleep after turning back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lights still on after shutdown + Monitor going to sleep after turning back on: I turned my computer off and my lights were still on for many hours after disconnecting the power source. (power strip) After turning everything back on, my monitor kept saying "no signal" and going into sleep mode. Is there any way to fix this? What's wrong with my...