Windows 10: Monitor Not Receiving Signal? Going to sleep?

Discus and support Monitor Not Receiving Signal? Going to sleep? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Problem: I usually run dual monitors, but only have two HDMI ports: one in the CPU and another in the integrated graphics area up top. But now, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by B.Q, Oct 29, 2022.

1. B.Q
    B.Q Win User

Monitor Not Receiving Signal? Going to sleep?

Problem: I usually run dual monitors, but only have two HDMI ports: one in the CPU and another in the integrated graphics area up top. But now, when I plug in the HDMI cable up top the monitor says "There is no signal coming from your computer" and proceeds to enter power save mode.The monitor and cable both work when plugged into the CPU or another computer, but isn't working when plugged into the top onboard graphics area. It used to work just fine, though, and am not sure what's wrong. Is there any way to fix this? I'm not sure what's wrong.

:)

2. Monitors won't go to sleep... Why?

I don't see how that is possible. If the computer is awake, a video signal will be sent to the monitors keeping them awake. Monitors go to sleep X minutes after no longer receiving a signal.

Bill_Bright, Oct 29, 2022
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Monitor going to sleep with no signal?

Your monitor is not receiving a signal from your video card. Possible causes: loose connection on either end of video cable (don't ask how I know this), broken lead in video cable, dying video card.

Disconnect and re-connect the video cable on both sides. If that won't restore the signal, try a different video cable. If still no signal, try your monitor on another computer. That will tell you if it's the monitor or your video card.

BulldogXX, Oct 29, 2022
  4. trparky Win User

Monitors won't go to sleep... Why?

I have two monitors; one connected via DVI and the other via HDMI. Both monitors don't go to sleep though, both continue receiving a video signal and continue to stay awake.

trparky, Oct 29, 2022
Thema:

1. Monitor Not Receiving Signal? Going to sleep? - Similar Threads - Monitor Receiving Signal

2. Second monitor will not receive signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor will not receive signal: I have two VGA monitors but one VGA port so I bought a VGA to usb adapter to connect the second one but it wont connect no matter what. Theyre both dell monitors too. Ive tested all the cord and they all work and ive messed with the graphics driver and display stuff over and...
  3. Second monitor will not receive signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor will not receive signal: I have two VGA monitors but one VGA port so I bought a VGA to usb adapter to connect the second one but it wont connect no matter what. Theyre both dell monitors too. Ive tested all the cord and they all work and ive messed with the graphics driver and display stuff over and...
  4. Monitor going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor going to sleep: Monitor going to sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-going-to-sleep/1cc7738e-7c87-46dd-a5ec-7d58ce42f0cd
  5. My monitor is receiving no signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor is receiving no signal.: I’ve used this monitor on a previous device and it was working great. Now that I got a new laptop, I plugged in everything the way I did before. The hdmi cable works perfect, as I have checked on a different device, and the port on my laptop also works. I’m thinking it’s an...
  6. My monitor is receiving no signal.

My monitor is receiving no signal.: I’ve used this monitor on a previous device and it was working great. Now that I got a new laptop, I plugged in everything the way I did before. The hdmi cable works perfect, as I have checked on a different device, and the port on my laptop also works. I’m thinking it’s an...
  7. Monitors not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors not going to sleep: I have managed to find out why my monitors are not going to sleep by running powercfg /requestsC:\Users\Clayton>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exeHow do I fix this?...
  8. Monitor Not Receiving Signal? Going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Not Receiving Signal? Going to sleep?: Problem: I usually run dual monitors, but only have two HDMI ports: one in the CPU and another in the integrated graphics area up top. But now, when I plug in the HDMI cable up top the monitor says "There is no signal coming from your computer" and proceeds to enter power...
  9. Monitor Not Receiving Signal? Going to sleep?

Monitor Not Receiving Signal? Going to sleep?: Problem: I usually run dual monitors, but only have two HDMI ports: one in the CPU and another in the integrated graphics area up top. But now, when I plug in the HDMI cable up top the monitor says "There is no signal coming from your computer" and proceeds to enter power...
  10. Monitor going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor going to sleep: Hey,I've a problem with here. When i connect my HP monitor to acer Aspire v5 using a VGA cable,the monitor goes to sleep and when i disconnect it,it wakes up saying checking for video cables...