Windows 10: monitor hz

Discus and support monitor hz in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My TV is 60 Hz, when I connect it to the pc, Windows sets the Hz to 59.955 Hz, when it is set to 59.955 Hz, the colors become dull, when I manually set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArminFlash, Apr 15, 2022.

1. monitor hz

My TV is 60 Hz, when I connect it to the pc, Windows sets the Hz to 59.955 Hz, when it is set to 59.955 Hz, the colors become dull, when I manually set it to 60 Hz, the colors and the image become much clearer. What is the cause? Is it better to set it to 60 Hz?windows10 21h2

:)

ArminFlash, Apr 15, 2022

2. Windows locks hz to all monitors if animations

Upon further checking on your concern, this is a design limitation as Windows tries to sync both monitors. It treats both monitors as 1, thus it drops the FPS on the 144 HZ monitor.

We suggest that you can submit this issue using the feedback application on your computer.

Regards.

Jesebel Ova, Apr 15, 2022
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    "input signal out of range, change to 1600 x 1050 @ 60 HZ"

Hi,

Here are the reasons why you're getting the "input signal out of range, change to 1600 x 1050 @ 60 HZ" error:

• The monitor cannot accommodate the set refresh rate (e.g. 60Hz).
    • Outdated graphics card driver

For us to effectively assist you with this, we'd like to know the following:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you running on your device?
    • What is the maximum possible refresh rate can be set for your monitor (refer to monitor's manual)?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Apr 15, 2022
  4. Leifus44 Win User

monitor hz

Windows locks hz to all monitors if animations

Hi, I and many others have a problem with our monitor hz with Windows 10, we have had this since Windows 10 got released and i think it was in windows 8 too.

So I have 3 monitor 2 60hz monitors and 1 165hz monitor. Whenever something is moving/or animated on either of my 60hz monitors it turns my 165hz monitor down to 60 hz.

Here is a video that are showing the issue:

Is there a solution to this, so it doesn't turn my hz down when multitasking?

To replicate this problem, I play games inn borderless mode on my 165hz and look at videos at the same time, move explorer windows and such on my 60hz. I also tested it with vsyncteste.com that show the hz of the monitor you have it on.

Update:

From what I have been able to gather is that DWM.exe(Desktop Window Manager) do force double or triple buffering vsync and could be the cause of this problem.

Leifus44, Apr 15, 2022
Thema:

monitor hz

1. monitor hz - Similar Threads - monitor

2. Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown: This has been going on for close to a month now. Seemingly randomly my screens will go black and my fans will start to spin super fast. I'm using Windows 10, and I can hear the sound from whatever game I was playing finish. I end up having to push the power button for 3...
  3. Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown: This has been going on for close to a month now. Seemingly randomly my screens will go black and my fans will start to spin super fast. I'm using Windows 10, and I can hear the sound from whatever game I was playing finish. I end up having to push the power button for 3...
  4. Computer Monitors Go Black Randomly, Forces me to shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Applications opening on monitor that is not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications opening on monitor that is not available: My computer is showing I have 4 monitors, but I only have 3. I have searched how to remove the 4th ghost monitor, but the options I've tried do not work.Solution 1 - Right-click and remove any excess generic PnP monitors from Devices and Printers in Control Panel.Response - I...
  6. Applications opening on monitor that is not available

Applications opening on monitor that is not available: My computer is showing I have 4 monitors, but I only have 3. I have searched how to remove the 4th ghost monitor, but the options I've tried do not work.Solution 1 - Right-click and remove any excess generic PnP monitors from Devices and Printers in Control Panel.Response - I...
  7. Games appear as stuttery on second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games appear as stuttery on second monitor: So I have a a laptop and I usually have it hooked up to a bigger monitor which is a bit older but mostly works fine, and sometimes when I play some videogames the game stutters a bit even though the fps counter says it's running just fine, when I switch to the laptop screen...
  8. Games appear as stuttery on second monitor

Games appear as stuttery on second monitor: So I have a a laptop and I usually have it hooked up to a bigger monitor which is a bit older but mostly works fine, and sometimes when I play some videogames the game stutters a bit even though the fps counter says it's running just fine, when I switch to the laptop screen...
  9. Games appear as stuttery on second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Windows doesn't detect main monitor after turning PC on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows doesn't detect main monitor after turning PC on: I have Windows 10 Pro1st monitor is HP M27fd FHD, connected with VGA 2nd monitor is BenQ GW2470, connected with HDMI When I start my computer with both monitors connected, the computer will only show BenQ monitor, even though HP one is connected and the monitor shows that its...