Windows 10: monitor goes black and restarts my pc when i try to play valorant

Discus and support monitor goes black and restarts my pc when i try to play valorant in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have updated my drivers, theres no new updates on my pc, i've factory reset my computer twice, reinstalled and uninstalled valorant, and it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Saint Meow, Aug 12, 2023.

1. monitor goes black and restarts my pc when i try to play valorant

i have updated my drivers, theres no new updates on my pc, i've factory reset my computer twice, reinstalled and uninstalled valorant, and it still keeps happening. i've done everything a riot dev has told me to do and it's still happening.my specs are processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHzos: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Insider Preview gpu: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060ram: 16g

:)

Saint Meow, Aug 12, 2023
  2. Hibirus Win User

Valorant BSOD - Error Code: Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

Hi, yesterday I started getting BSOD when Trying to play Valorant, it seems to be a Memory related issue. I've tried every possible solution so far but I´d like to see if anyone can help me with this.

• When does this happen ?
      • When trying to play the game, during gameplay my monitors will turn almost black with high contrast and freeze for a few seconds before restarting my PC.
    • What Code does Windows Reliability Monitor show ?
      • Code: 0x00000050
    • My Dump Files:

So far I´ve tried:

1. Giving vgk.sys access to everything
    2. Setting Valorant to "Run as Administrator"
    3. Reinstalling Valorant

Things I haven't checked:

1. Re inserting RAM sticks

EDIT: This is only happening with Valorant, no other game is giving me the same problem, so I assume re installing the Ram will not have much of an effect.

Hibirus, Aug 12, 2023
  3. monitors goes black but system keep running

My specs:

Motherboard Asus Rog Strix Z590-A Wifi

Cpu Intel Core i7-11700k

Gpu Asus Tuf RTX 3070Ti

Mem 2x G.Skill DDR4 F4-3200C16-16GTZR PC4-25600 16GB

So the issue happends when my pc is under some load, like games or heavy soft, it even happened to me when i played valorant which is not requiring so much of resources. But the problem is when my monitors goes black, pc is still running and i can hear the sound in game or videos ( i have 2 monitors and 1 of them is having trouble to work with 144hz because it shows big black bar from the bottom, so i decided to set it on 120hz) And i cant turn my monitors back on until i restart my pc

What i did:

- replaced PSU ( i had Chieftec 750, now i have Asus Rog Strix 850G )

- changed Air cooler to a water cooling system ( i had Be quiet Dark Rock 4, now i have Be Quiet Pure Loop 2 )

- reinstalled Graphic Drivers with the Display Driver Uninstaller

- checked for cables issue ( Display port / HDMI )

- tested GPU, CPU, MEM

And one last thing, recently i`ve been testing my pc with OCCT and when i launched Power test, my system worked for a few minutes and then my monitors went black again, but when i tried to long press button and restart my pc, my main monitor was showing black screen with a few coloured pixels after the windows and motherboard logo. And i`ve been able to restart my pc after 2 unsuccesful tries

Someone can help me or suggest what to do?

JUSTICE1777, Aug 12, 2023
  4. monitor goes black and restarts my pc when i try to play valorant

Monitor goes black after playing games

Lately, after I quit a game, it happens that the monitor goes black and goes basically in some kind of standby. It doesn't happen always (today it's just the second time that it happens), but I really don't understand what the problem could be. I cannot really tell even if it's just the monitor or the whole computer freezes, in fact, I've been forced to restart the pc using the button. Any help, please?

liveAndrew, Aug 12, 2023
Thema:

monitor goes black and restarts my pc when i try to play valorant

1. monitor goes black and restarts my pc when i try to play valorant - Similar Threads - monitor goes black

2. monitor goes black and restarts my pc when i try to play valorant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor goes black and restarts my pc when i try to play valorant: i have updated my drivers, theres no new updates on my pc, i've factory reset my computer twice, reinstalled and uninstalled valorant, and it still keeps happening. i've done everything a riot dev has told me to do and it's still happening.my specs are processor: 11th Gen...
  3. PC Restarts when playing Valorant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restarts when playing Valorant: Has started happening again quite recently, used to have this problem a lot where pc would start freezing mid game and each time it would freeze for longer until it was just fully frozen and i had to force restart. Earlier on it started doing the same thing where it froze 3...
  4. PC Restarts when playing Valorant

PC Restarts when playing Valorant: Has started happening again quite recently, used to have this problem a lot where pc would start freezing mid game and each time it would freeze for longer until it was just fully frozen and i had to force restart. Earlier on it started doing the same thing where it froze 3...
  5. PC Restarts when playing Valorant

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Monitor goes black when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when trying to play games: I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none...
  7. Monitor goes black when trying to play games

Monitor goes black when trying to play games: I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none...
  8. Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC": Basically I lost my windows local password. I go into troubleshoot, then reset this pc, then when I click to option I want... nothing happens. The screen just turns off. I've waited a long time thinking it would go through anyways, but when I restarted, it still asks for my...
  9. Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC": Basically I lost my windows local password. I go into troubleshoot, then reset this pc, then when I click to option I want... nothing happens. The screen just turns off. I've waited a long time thinking it would go through anyways, but when I restarted, it still asks for my...
  10. Monitor goes black when I try to "Reset This PC"