Windows 10: Monitor camera not showing in Teams

Discus and support Monitor camera not showing in Teams in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Philips Brilliance 326P monitor attached to a Dell Inspiron desktop running Windows 11 Home. The monitor's webcam is showing in Device Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Greg_17111, Oct 23, 2024 at 2:22 AM.

1. Monitor camera not showing in Teams

I have a Philips Brilliance 326P monitor attached to a Dell Inspiron desktop running Windows 11 Home. The monitor's webcam is showing in Device Manager but not as a 'Connected Camera' in Settings/Bluetooth & devices/Cameras. I think this is the reason the webcam does not show in Teams.I tried updating the driver from Device Manager and the response was the driver is up to date. On a separate tack, in Camera permissions, Teams does not show as an app for which I can give/refuse permission.Please help, TIA .... Greg***Moved from Microsoft Teams / Teams for education / Meetings and calls / Au

:)

2. Teams app camera does not work?

Hello Perelini Lameko-Masoe,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are having an issue about Teams camera not working. That is very annoying. I will do my best to help you. Here are some of my suggestions:

If your camera isn’t working in Microsoft Teams, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check for Updates:
      • Make sure you have the latest Windows update or update installed.
      • In Teams, go to Settings and Check for updates.
    2. Close Other Apps and Restart:
      • Close any other apps that might be using your camera (like Skype or FaceTime).
      • If you’re using an external camera, unplug it and plug it back in.
      • Restart your device; sometimes a simple reboot can resolve camera issues.
    3. Make a Test Call:
      • Open Teams, click your profile picture, and go to Settings > Devices.
      • Under Audio Settings, select Make a test call.
      • Follow the instructions from Test Call Bot to check if your mic, speaker, and camera are working.
    4. Check App Permissions:
      • On Windows, open Settings > Privacy & security > Camera.
      • Turn on Let apps access your camera and ensure Microsoft Teams (work or school) is allowed.
      • If already enabled, toggle it off and back on.
      • Restart your device after making changes.
    5. Update Drivers:
      • If using an external webcam or if your camera isn’t working in Windows 10, check your drivers.
      • Follow step-by-step instructions for checking your Windows drivers.

I hope it can solve your problem.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

William.S- MSFT

a579e96f-d22e-4507-b9ea-21cf5a22f7b6, Oct 23, 2024 at 2:25 AM
  3. Dell Monitor Camera

I have a Dell Monitor hooked to a Dell XPS Laptop. I want to use the monitor camera not the laptop camera. I've tried the suggestions from a closed thread about activating the camera but when I try the steps it keeps going to the laptop camera.

Suggestions or am I asking the impossible.

4. kin2son Win User

Monitor camera not showing in Teams

Microsoft Surface Book 2 camera showing blank in MS Teams

Hope I've posted this in the right forum.

I have a Corporate user who is using a Microsoft Surface Book 2, and he's experiencing issue activating the built-in camera when using TEAMS only. Both the front and rear facing camera shows a blank black image. The light next to the front facing camera does light up thou.

The native MS camera app works fine and shows the video correctly suggesting that it's not a hardware fault.

And here comes the strange part - If I undock the screen from the keyboard and start Teams again the camera works and it will continue to work once I dock it back into the keyboard. However the problem returns if I quit Teams or restart the machine....which is a nuisance to perform this workaround everytime it reboots.

He had this same issue couple of months back, but somewhere it started working for some unknown reason....until the problem returns...

As mentioned since it's a corp device it is unfortunately stuck on Win10 build 1709 (for now), and he is the only person that has the device in the business and nobody else.....

Any suggestion or idea of how to resolve this is greatly appreciated. Thanks Monitor camera not showing in Teams :)

Thema:

Monitor camera not showing in Teams

1. Monitor camera not showing in Teams - Similar Threads - Monitor camera showing

2. Monitor camera not showing in Teams

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor camera not showing in Teams: I have a Philips Brilliance 326P monitor attached to a Dell Inspiron desktop running Windows 11 Home. The monitor's webcam is showing in Device Manager but not as a 'Connected Camera' in Settings/Bluetooth & devices/Cameras. I think this is the reason the webcam does not show...
  3. Laptop camera not working in teams

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop camera not working in teams: Having issues with my laptop camera not working in Windows 10 have tried the following, and it still will not work. Looks like the webcam light is light but it still shows no picture. tried to uninstall and reinstall a different driver to see if that would help, but that did...
  4. Using Camera on Teams

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using Camera on Teams: My video devise on Teams either stops working or fails to turn on with a comment that it failed to connect. I've been through all the updates, permissions etc... with no success...
  5. Camera with Teams

Camera with Teams: Hi I am using Windows 10 on a Macbook Pro and have been using Teams for over a year perfectly great software. Today I turned off the video during a meeting as internet connect was poor. When I tried to turn it back on I got a black screen. The camera works I tested in...
  6. MS Teams - Camera Not Detected

MS Teams - Camera Not Detected: Hello, I work as an IT Support Tech. and recently I've been getting many users where the camera is suddenly "undetected" in MS Teams. If I go into the privacy->camera settings - Camera access is enabled but MS Teams is not listed as one of the applications with a toggle...
  7. MS Team camera freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Team camera freezes: Every time I use teams, my camera works for a bit, then freezes. I have a laptop Microsoft Surface which is only a month old. How can I get the camera to stop freezing?...
  8. Teams Camera Issue

Teams Camera Issue: I have been using the web app for teams. I finally got the desktop app on there but having issues with the camera. Before I join a call, I can see the camera works in the preview section when choosing a device. However, when I am in the call, it goes off again. I click on the...
  9. camera in microsoft teams

camera in microsoft teams: when I accept a conference call my camera is not available but if I sign in from an invite in my email it does. How do I fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-in-microsoft-teams/aff9926d-8e99-4398-909a-424778329db9
  10. Camera Green in Microsft Teams

Camera Green in Microsft Teams: Hi there - Have a Problem with built in camera. In the camera app of the Laptop the Camera looks wonderful the minute I go onto Microsoft teams the camera is green. It looks to be a color space issue but I cant get it resolved. Its an older laptop but Im not understanding why...