Windows 10: Modern USB-C speaker not working

Discus and support Modern USB-C speaker not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been using this speaker for a couple of weeks and now it just stopped working. I can see it is showing "Driver error" against the speaker in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Corne_S, Jul 4, 2024 at 6:07 AM.

1. Corne_S Win User

Modern USB-C speaker not working

I have been using this speaker for a couple of weeks and now it just stopped working. I can see it is showing "Driver error" against the speaker in the Audio settings but I don't know how to resolve this.

:)

2. Erin_314 Win User

Microsoft Modern USB-C Speaker not connecting

I have been using a Microsoft Modern USB-C Speaker for speaker and audio on my desktop computer for the last 6months. This week it stopped connecting to my computer. I plug it in and it doesn't light up, no audio, and I can't find it in the audio options on my computer. I have unplugged/plugged it in, restarted my computer, and tried it on other devices and it still doesn't work.

***Moved from Teams Thread***

3. JL JL Win User
    Microsoft USB-C Modern Speaker - Echo

Hi,

When I use the Microsoft Modern USB-C Speaker with Teams O365 my auditor have an echo. Same situation with direct plug onto the laptop and onto the docking station. I have a DELL Latitude 5510. running up to date Windows 10.

Is there a dedicated driver for this hardware ?

Thanks for your help,

Jerome

4. Modern USB-C speaker not working

Microsoft USB-C Modern Speaker - Echo

Hi , JL..

I am Ivan, I will help you with this.

Under Settings > System > Sound: Input, Choose your input device; change that to Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (Modern USB-C Speaker).

Hope this helps.

If you find the answer helpful, please mark it as an answer.

Independent Advisor - Community

Thanks

Ivan Bitencourt., Jul 4, 2024 at 6:18 AM
Thema:

Modern USB-C speaker not working

1. Modern USB-C speaker not working - Similar Threads - Modern USB speaker

2. Modern USB-C speaker not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern USB-C speaker not working: I have been using this speaker for a couple of weeks and now it just stopped working. I can see it is showing "Driver error" against the speaker in the Audio settings but I don't know how to resolve this....
  3. Modern USB-C speaker not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern USB-C speaker not working: I have been using this speaker for a couple of weeks and now it just stopped working. I can see it is showing "Driver error" against the speaker in the Audio settings but I don't know how to resolve this....
  4. Microsoft USB-C Modern Speaker - Echo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft USB-C Modern Speaker - Echo: Hi,When I use the Microsoft Modern USB-C Speaker with Teams O365 my auditor have an echo. Same situation with direct plug onto the laptop and onto the docking station. I have a DELL Latitude 5510. running up to date Windows 10.Is there a dedicated driver for this hardware...
  5. Microsoft USB-C Modern Speaker - Echo

Microsoft USB-C Modern Speaker - Echo: Hi,When I use the Microsoft Modern USB-C Speaker with Teams O365 my auditor have an echo. Same situation with direct plug onto the laptop and onto the docking station. I have a DELL Latitude 5510. running up to date Windows 10.Is there a dedicated driver for this hardware...
  6. Microsoft USB-C Modern Speaker - Echo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microsoft Modern USB-C Speaker not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Modern USB-C Speaker not connecting: I have been using a Microsoft Modern USB-C Speaker for speaker and audio on my desktop computer for the last 6months. This week it stopped connecting to my computer. I plug it in and it doesn't light up, no audio, and I can't find it in the audio options on my computer. I...
  8. Microsoft Modern USB C Speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Modern USB C Speaker: I just purchased a new two way speaker this weekend. When I go to plug it in to my external dock, it will not work. If I plug the USB C directly into my Surface, it does? Do I need to return the speaker or will it work?...
  9. Microsoft Modern USB C Speaker

Microsoft Modern USB C Speaker: I just purchased a new two way speaker this weekend. When I go to plug it in to my external dock, it will not work. If I plug the USB C directly into my Surface, it does? Do I need to return the speaker or will it work?...
  10. Modern USB-C Speaker volume adjustment not functioning

Modern USB-C Speaker volume adjustment not functioning: Hi,Since upgrading to windows 11 my Modern USB-C speaker isn't functioning correctly. When using the volume adjust buttons on the device the volume adjusts on the surface laptop 4 top left of the screen but the sound output from the speaker doesn't change. Likewise using the...