Windows 10: Modern Stanby not usable.

Discus and support Modern Stanby not usable. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want my notebook go to sleep when I close the lid and want immediate resume when I open it again. Is it such complicated for Windows, or should I buy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PatrikDr, Jul 7, 2024.

1. PatrikDr Win User

Modern Stanby not usable.

I want my notebook go to sleep when I close the lid and want immediate resume when I open it again. Is it such complicated for Windows, or should I buy Macbook again?

:)

PatrikDr, Jul 7, 2024
  2. Louie Del Win User

Modern setup host

Hi Hermie,

Regarding your concern with the deleted Modern Setup Host file, we’d like to ask the following questions so we can isolate it at the same time:

• What particular action that you’re trying to perform at the time that it was accidentally deleted.?
    • May we know where and how it was deleted on your computer?
    • Were you able to check if the deleted file can be found in the
      Recycle bin?

As an initial step, we suggest that perform a DISM command. This will help repairing possible system file corruptions. Follow these steps:

• Type command in the search box.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • Press Enter.
    • Close the Command Prompt windows and check if changes were made related to the Modern Setup Host file.

We'll wait for your update after trying the steps.

Louie Del, Jul 7, 2024
  3. How do I allow waking my copmputer (HUAWEI MATEBOOK X PRO) from legacy stanby by mouse click or keyboard touch?

I've succesfully managed to install S3 legacy stanby on my computer instead of S0 modern stanby, however, when my laptop enters the sleep mode there's no way of waking it up besides turning it off and on. How can make it work? S3 is supported by HUAWEI firmware

Олегсандр Андриянченко, Jul 7, 2024
  4. Modern Stanby not usable.

16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64

have 16GB of RAM installed on my computer, but only 8GB is usable. I am running Windows 10 x64. I have tried the following steps to fix this issue, but they have not worked:

1. I have updated the BIOS to the latest version.
    2. I have tried reseating the RAM modules.
    3. I have tried using different RAM modules.
    4. I have tried run-MSConfig
    I am still not able to use all 16GB of RAM. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

[Ahmed Hashem]

Ahmed Mahmoud Hashem 12P1129, Jul 7, 2024
Thema:

Modern Stanby not usable.

1. Modern Stanby not usable. - Similar Threads - Modern Stanby usable

2. Modern Stanby not usable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern Stanby not usable.: I want my notebook go to sleep when I close the lid and want immediate resume when I open it again. Is it such complicated for Windows, or should I buy Macbook again?...
  3. How to change Stanby S0 settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Stanby S0 settings?: My windows 11 is keeping connections alive when enters sleep state, and this is for me very unwanted beheviour, I really don't need keeping my BT headphones connected when laptop goes into sleep, Powercfg /A gives me: Standby S0 Low Power Idle Network Connected - didn't found...
  4. How to change Stanby S0 settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Stanby S0 settings?: My windows 11 is keeping connections alive when enters sleep state, and this is for me very unwanted beheviour, I really don't need keeping my BT headphones connected when laptop goes into sleep, Powercfg /A gives me: Standby S0 Low Power Idle Network Connected - didn't found...
  5. Usable Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usable Ram: I have Windows 11 download with a 64-bit operating system and a x64-based processor but when I check my ram it says I have 8GB of ram but 7.98 usable! Does any know how to get my 7.98 GB of ram back?...
  6. Usable Ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Usable Ram: I have 4GB installed on my pc and it says 3.5GB usable only, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usable-ram/7ed6d799-244f-4e07-a295-e364185167d4
  7. TPM is not usable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TPM is not usable: How to fix this!!!I have a tpm in my laptop i reinstall windows 10 v1507.then in Get Started i stuck on the Express Setting so i reset it then it work but the tpm is gone not usable how to fix this...
  8. Usable RAM.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usable RAM.: Hello, I have 4 GB of RAM installed in my computer. But it shows that only 3.7 is usable. Please help me ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usable-ram/58afd9d1-86a8-4fe7-bcbd-5431b825ab37
  9. Poor usability

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor usability: Will windows 10 ever be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/poor-usability/b04ef530-f6f9-41d1-841a-d5e98f1735a5
  10. Memory usable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Memory usable: hey I'm new to all this my ram is 4GB but only 2.45GB is usable can anyone pes help I have a HP all in one if that helps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-usable/55e40f4a-cd23-4712-9eb6-21fc34bcaa7c