Windows 10: mkv files

Discus and support mkv files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; was backing up a bluray disc to mkv using handbrake. some files i could play and others I could not, why? Played back on windows media player. any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BeBee15, Dec 5, 2018.

1. BeBee15 Win User

mkv files

was backing up a bluray disc to mkv using handbrake. some files i could play and others I could not, why? Played back on windows media player.

any help would be graciously appreciated

:)

BeBee15, Dec 5, 2018

2. Problem with mkv Files

Hi,

Experiencing issues in playing mkv files after an update may have something to do with the video card driver. If you have another mkv player app or program, we suggest that you try playing those files using another app or program to help us sort out this
    issue.

If in case the issue persists, we suggest running video troubleshooter. Just click
    Find and fix problems playing movies, television, or video on this
    link.

You may also try rolling back the video card driver. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    • Locate and right-click your display adapter, then select Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab and click the Roll Back Driver option.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Ditendra Win User
    How to add details to mkv files for explorer?

So this is more related to mkv not windows as I see? Is there possibility to contact mkv creators and ask for a suggestion to add year tag to mkv files?

Thx, I have more lol

Ditendra, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

mkv files

Windows 10 Creators Update: Pop-Up Default Program without opening the application for .mkv files

Hello,

Have you tried manually associating MKV files to a particular program in Settings? If not yet, let's do it by performing the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Open Settings, and select System.
    • Select Defaults apps, and choose Choose default apps by file type.
    • Look for .mkv in the list, and click on the corresponding program on the right to set its association.

If the issue persists, a corrupted user profile might be causing this problem. We suggest that you

create a new local user account
    and check if you will be able to set file associations correctly and open MKV files while on the new account.

Keep us updated with the results, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

mkv files

1. mkv files - Similar Threads - mkv files

2. MKV files slow to rename, move, etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MKV files slow to rename, move, etc.: This ongoing issue has been posted by others going back to 2010, and a lame "corrupted file" excuse has been the typical reply. I don't think half my MKV files mostly under 1GB, many under ½GB are bad. If that's the real issue then why are only MKV files affected? May we...
  3. MKV files slow to rename, move, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MKV files slow to rename, move, etc.: This ongoing issue has been posted by others going back to 2010, and a lame "corrupted file" excuse has been the typical reply. I don't think half my MKV files mostly under 1GB, many under ½GB are bad. If that's the real issue then why are only MKV files affected? May we...
  4. MKV files slow to rename, move, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Manager missing mkv video specs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Manager missing mkv video specs: i had to reinstall Windows 10 recently but with MKV files it no longer displays the specs in the Details Pane likeeg 1080 x 720 25fps bitrate HVEC all that info.all MP4 files display perfectly.can anybody help?...
  6. File Manager missing mkv video specs

File Manager missing mkv video specs: i had to reinstall Windows 10 recently but with MKV files it no longer displays the specs in the Details Pane likeeg 1080 x 720 25fps bitrate HVEC all that info.all MP4 files display perfectly.can anybody help?...
  7. File Manager missing mkv video specs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows Explorer freezes and crashes when right-clicking specifically on files with .mkv...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer freezes and crashes when right-clicking specifically on files with .mkv...: Windows Explorer freezes and crashes when right-clicking specifically on files with .mkv extension.My PC has the following specs:Ryzen 2600x, GTX 960 4GB, 24GB DDR4, SSD 500gb with Windows 10 Pro, 2x 8tb HDD in RAID 1I built the system from spare parts as a home media server,...
  9. Windows Explorer freezes and crashes when right-clicking specifically on files with .mkv...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer freezes and crashes when right-clicking specifically on files with .mkv...: Windows Explorer freezes and crashes when right-clicking specifically on files with .mkv extension.My PC has the following specs:Ryzen 2600x, GTX 960 4GB, 24GB DDR4, SSD 500gb with Windows 10 Pro, 2x 8tb HDD in RAID 1I built the system from spare parts as a home media server,...
  10. Windows Explorer freezes and crashes when right-clicking specifically on files with .mkv...