Windows 10: Missing Volume icon in taskbar

Discus and support Missing Volume icon in taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Despite I enable to display the Volume icon in taskbar but it leaves a blank area. After numerous trial, I found that I could not have all 4 icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vincent-TR, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Missing Volume icon in taskbar

Hi, Despite I enable to display the Volume icon in taskbar but it leaves a blank area. After numerous trial, I found that I could not have all 4 icons display at the same time - Volume, Network, Power and One Drive only either 3 and a empty area there. Please advise how to fix this wizard issue !

:)

Vincent-TR, Mar 10, 2023

2. Volume icon missing from Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the volume icon is missing in Action center. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Settings and choose system.
    • Click on Notifications and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear in Taskbar.
    • Turn on Volume.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 10, 2023
  3. pparks1 Win User
    Network and Volume Icons missing from Taskbar

On my son's computer, he recently told me that his volume icon disappeared and that he tried "everything" he could find on Google and couldn't get it back.

So, tonight when i couldn't sleep, I came in to check out his Windows 10 machine and found that it wasn't just the volume icon, but the network icon is missing too.

I went to the normal place to check them, TaskBar Settings > Turn System Icons on or off, and found that they are listed, but grayed out:

Missing Volume icon in taskbar 346700d1632206013t-network-volume-icons-missing-taskbar-image.png

I tried all of the typical solutions that I found online
    1). Try another user...problem persists with my account
    2). Try "restarted" explorer with task manager. Problem persists
    3). Try the following tutorial (System Icons - Enable or Disable | Tutorials) importing in these registry keys and restarting. Problem persists
    4). Tried deleting the registry values per this post, How do I turn the system icon for sound on (currently off; greyed out). Problem persists
    5). Ran an sfc /scannow
    6). I followed this thread, which basically linked to the tutorial in step 3. Network missing from taskbar - grayed out in settings
    7). Tried all of the options from this post, both registry edits as well as gpedit.msc. Fix: Volume Icon is Missing in Windows 10 Taskbar

His system is running Windows 10, 20H2

Missing Volume icon in taskbar 346695d1632205412t-network-volume-icons-missing-taskbar-image.png

His network works just fine and his audio is working as well.

Device Manager is clean

Missing Volume icon in taskbar 346696d1632205454t-network-volume-icons-missing-taskbar-image.png

The missing icons are NOT in the overflow tray area

Missing Volume icon in taskbar 346697d1632205492t-network-volume-icons-missing-taskbar-image.png

I haven't reinstalled drivers, because I find it hard to believe that the audio driver and the network driver both got messed up. If it was just one of them missing, then I would have more faith that the problem lies.

Also, he's up to date on his windows updates

Missing Volume icon in taskbar 346699d1632205736t-network-volume-icons-missing-taskbar-image.png

anybody else run into this pesky issue where the typical solutions just aren't working at all?

pparks1, Mar 10, 2023
  4. Darshan J Win User

Missing Volume icon in taskbar

Sound icon missing from taskbar

Hi,

Provide us with the below information to help you better.

Which build is currently running on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates and restart your computer, check if it fixes the issue.

Make sure Volume button display is enabled in taskbar.

• Open settings window
    • Click on personalization, on left pane select task bar.
    • On right pane click on 'select what icons appear on the taskbar'.
    • Toggle volume icon to make volume icon appear on task bar.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Mar 10, 2023
Thema:

Missing Volume icon in taskbar

1. Missing Volume icon in taskbar - Similar Threads - Missing Volume icon

2. volume icon missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume icon missing from taskbar: how do i put my volume icon back in system tray. it just disappearedthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-missing-from-taskbar/66000044-2ef8-4e18-978e-4eb96cf3d837
  3. volume icon missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume icon missing from taskbar: how do i put my volume icon back in system tray. it just disappearedthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-missing-from-taskbar/66000044-2ef8-4e18-978e-4eb96cf3d837
  4. volume icon missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Missing Volume icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Volume icon in taskbar: Hi, Despite I enable to display the Volume icon in taskbar but it leaves a blank area. After numerous trial, I found that I could not have all 4 icons display at the same time - Volume, Network, Power and One Drive only either 3 and a empty area there. Please advise how to...
  6. Missing Volume icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Volume icon in taskbar: Hi, Despite I enable to display the Volume icon in taskbar but it leaves a blank area. After numerous trial, I found that I could not have all 4 icons display at the same time - Volume, Network, Power and One Drive only either 3 and a empty area there. Please advise how to...
  7. volume icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume icon on taskbar: how can I get the volume icon on my taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-on-taskbar/789fe288-c5d8-49ac-a0d9-31a2b1797ee4
  8. Volume Icon on Taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume Icon on Taskbar: When I click on the volume icon on my taskbar; it is unresponsive. How do I rectify this issue? HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-on-taskbar/a1c4d685-07ad-4c82-ab97-5f055c74be66
  9. Missing Volume Icon in Taskbar on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Volume Icon in Taskbar on Startup: Hey everyone, just made this account cause I can't find a permanent solution anywhere. As the title states, the Volume Icon in the Taskbar is missing on Windows Startup. Yes, I know I can bring it back by restarting my Explorer.exe and such, still it bugs me to do so on...
  10. Missing volume icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing volume icon from taskbar: It was there yesterday and now it is missing, along with the battery icon. When I go to the properties panel those options are grayed out. Did i accidentally change a setting or something? Never had these problems with win 7 pro. *Sad 16857