Windows 10: Minidump File Analysis

Discus and support Minidump File Analysis in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been having BSOD crashes consistently. Mostly when gaming.Could I please have some help analyzing a minidump... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by popegray, Jul 18, 2024.

1. popegray Win User

Minidump File Analysis

I have been having BSOD crashes consistently. Mostly when gaming.Could I please have some help analyzing a minidump file?Thanks!https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o6yzrUAyj9tEE7KYc1GxjIf-rAUoxuiS/view?usp=drive_link

:)

popegray, Jul 18, 2024

2. MINIDUMP file analysis help

So far all of the steps have been fine, I'm pretty sure the issue will be one of my device drivers, however, i'd like to not have to run driver verifier on every single one of my drivers since there is a lot. Back to the original intention of my post, Can someone assist me in decoding the minidump analysis I provided to help find out which driver is causing my system to crash randomly? If needed, i can provide the minidump file itself in a file sharing service later on.

John019283, Jul 18, 2024
  3. MINIDUMP file analysis help

This type of error is often related to issues with device drivers, faulty hardware, or corrupted system files.

If the scans aren't working, let's move forward with the next steps. Please inform me if any issues arise during the process.

1. Disconnect Non-Essential Devices:
      • Sometimes, external devices can cause BSOD errors due to driver conflicts or hardware issues. Disconnect all non-essential devices (e.g., USB drives, external hard drives, printers) and see if the issue persists.
    2. Check for Hardware Issues:
      • Memory Diagnostic:

Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool to check for RAM issues. Press Windows Key + R, type mdsched.exe, and press Enter. Choose to restart and check for problems.
      • Hard Drive Check:

Use the chkdsk command to check for hard drive errors. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run:

3. Update or Roll Back Drivers:
      • Ensure all your drivers are up-to-date. If a recent driver update coincides with the start of the BSODs, consider rolling back to a previous version. Pay special attention to the Bluetooth driver (BTHport.sys) mentioned in your dump file.
    4. Check for Malware:
      • Run a full system scan using Windows Defender or another reputable antivirus program to ensure that malware is not causing the issue.
    5. Perform a Clean Boot:
      • A clean boot can help you determine if background programs are interfering with your system. Follow the steps in this guide to perform a clean boot.

Munkhbayar B., Jul 18, 2024
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Minidump File Analysis

Help with minidump analysis.

Hi Jack,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Your minidump files just indicate memory (RAM) corruption no specific driver is listed

I note Genshin Impact is listed in the dump files, are you only getting blue screens with that game?

DaveM121, Jul 18, 2024
Thema:

Minidump File Analysis

1. Minidump File Analysis - Similar Threads - Minidump File Analysis

2. Minidump File Analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minidump File Analysis: I have been having BSOD crashes consistently. Mostly when gaming.Could I please have some help analyzing a minidump file?Thanks!https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o6yzrUAyj9tEE7KYc1GxjIf-rAUoxuiS/view?usp=drive_link...
  3. MINIDUMP file analysis help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MINIDUMP file analysis help: For the last few months, i've been getting regular blue-screens with my laptop. I've tried updating all my drivers from the manufacturer's website and especially the BTHport driver warned in the dump file, but to no avail. For the blue-screens themselves seem to have no...
  4. MINIDUMP file analysis help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MINIDUMP file analysis help: For the last few months, i've been getting regular blue-screens with my laptop. I've tried updating all my drivers from the manufacturer's website and especially the BTHport driver warned in the dump file, but to no avail. For the blue-screens themselves seem to have no...
  5. Analysis of BSOD minidump file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Analysis of BSOD minidump file: My PC crashed again recently thus making it the second time it has happened for no reason. I built it just a few months ago and all the components are new except for my GTX 1060 which I kept from my old build. So what I'm asking for is help with analyzing the crash dump...
  6. Analysis of BSOD minidump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Analysis of BSOD minidump file: My PC crashed again recently thus making it the second time it has happened for no reason. I built it just a few months ago and all the components are new except for my GTX 1060 which I kept from my old build. So what I'm asking for is help with analyzing the crash dump...
  7. Analysis of BSOD minidump file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Minidump Files for Analysis

Minidump Files for Analysis: I've been having computer crashes for about six months now. My computer randomly just restarts, without warning. When I open it back up, I can check the event viewer to see that it had a critical error - error 41 from Kernel-Power. Before, the errors were pointing to Riot...
  9. BSOD - Minidump file analysis

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - Minidump file analysis: Hello my Dell Latitude E6320 crashes BSOD - system service crashexception anytime a usb drive is inserted. This has started after a recent windows update. I used verifier, and the laptop started crashing on startup, with following message: Driver verifier detected...
  10. Minidump analysis

Minidump analysis: I kept my laptop open to download a game and when i came back to see the progress found myself on the waiting screen of windows 10. At first i thought they were random restarts related to he windows update. Then i found some minidump files. Below you can find the link of my...