Windows 10: migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home

Discus and support migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have win10 pro on my old laptop that hw-incapable of supporting tpm 2.0; now i have new laptop preinstalled with win11 home. how do i upgrade the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Viji Mani, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Viji Mani Win User

migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home

i have win10 pro on my old laptop that hw-incapable of supporting tpm 2.0; now i have new laptop preinstalled with win11 home. how do i upgrade the latter to win11pro for free that i couldn't on former laptop?

:)

Viji Mani, Apr 16, 2024

2. Upgrade Win11 Home to Pro with Win10 Pro license

I purchased a PC with Win11 Home on it.

I have on my Microsoft account a Win10 Pro license from my old PC that is not being used.

Can I use that Win10 Pro license to upgrade my new Win11 Home to Pro?

DrewSpector, Apr 16, 2024
  3. Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade

I have a new computer with win11 Home installed, can I use my win10 Pro license to change to Pro on the new computer?

BryanHand1, Apr 16, 2024
  4. migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home

Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade

Hello,

Yes, you can upgrade to Pro edition using this guide:

How to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 16, 2024
Thema:

migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home

1. migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home - Similar Threads - migrate win10 pro

2. Windows 10 Pro on an old PC / Windows 11 Pro on a new PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro on an old PC / Windows 11 Pro on a new PC.: I have a previous install media retail, USB of Windows 10 Pro that I have been using for years now that I want to install on a newly built PC to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro since it meets the requirements. I would really like to keep my Windows 10 Pro PC as a backup for other...
  3. Windows 10 Pro on an old PC / Windows 11 Pro on a new PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro on an old PC / Windows 11 Pro on a new PC.: I have a previous install media retail, USB of Windows 10 Pro that I have been using for years now that I want to install on a newly built PC to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro since it meets the requirements. I would really like to keep my Windows 10 Pro PC as a backup for other...
  4. migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home: i have win10 pro on my old laptop that hw-incapable of supporting tpm 2.0; now i have new laptop preinstalled with win11 home. how do i upgrade the latter to win11pro for free that i couldn't on former laptop?...
  5. Old to new PC, can‘t activate Win11 Pro on new PC slmgr /upk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old to new PC, can‘t activate Win11 Pro on new PC slmgr /upk: Hello,i switched my mainboard and later noticed that i didn‘t look if i should deactivate Windows on my old system. Because i wanted to do a fresh Win11 Pro install. So i was booting into Win from my old NVMe drives on the new mainboard and used the command slmgr /upk to...
  6. Old to new PC, can‘t activate Win11 Pro on new PC slmgr /upk

Old to new PC, can‘t activate Win11 Pro on new PC slmgr /upk: Hello,i switched my mainboard and later noticed that i didn‘t look if i should deactivate Windows on my old system. Because i wanted to do a fresh Win11 Pro install. So i was booting into Win from my old NVMe drives on the new mainboard and used the command slmgr /upk to...
  7. Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11: I bought Windows 10 Home in in 2017 on Microsoft Store. When Windows 11 came around, it told me that my PC doesn't meet the requirements. Finally I have built a new PC and installed Windows 11. I want to deactivate Windows 10 on my old PC and activate Windows 11 to my new...
  8. Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11

Moving from old PC with Win10 to new PC with Win11: I bought Windows 10 Home in in 2017 on Microsoft Store. When Windows 11 came around, it told me that my PC doesn't meet the requirements. Finally I have built a new PC and installed Windows 11. I want to deactivate Windows 10 on my old PC and activate Windows 11 to my new...
  9. Migrating a Win7 install to a pc with Win10 preinstalled?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating a Win7 install to a pc with Win10 preinstalled?: Hello, What's the best way to migrate everything (softwares, etc) from an old computer with Win7 to a new computer with Win10? I could clone but then I'd lose Win10 I can't upgrade from 7 to 10 because the OS is already installed on the target computer I could drag and drop...
  10. Win7 Pro Old PC --> Win10 Pro clean install new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 Pro Old PC --> Win10 Pro clean install new PC?: Hey, as the title says, I have a valid Win 7 pro license running on my old PC. Can I in any way transfer this to install Win 10 Pro on my new device? Thanks! submitted by /u/0x07C3 [link] [comments]...