Windows 10: Might've installed a virus - Windows Command Prompt Continuously asks for admin privileges.

Discus and support Might've installed a virus - Windows Command Prompt Continuously asks for admin privileges. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I boot up the system, I get the admin prompt for windows command processor. If I deny it the prompt comes up again and again until I accept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Satya_030, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Satya_030 Win User

Might've installed a virus - Windows Command Prompt Continuously asks for admin privileges.

Every time I boot up the system, I get the admin prompt for windows command processor. If I deny it the prompt comes up again and again until I accept it. The fans also keep running loudly without any heavy programs running.

:)

Satya_030, Jun 13, 2024
  2. mukson13 Win User

Command prompt as admin

i am locked out of windows by Bitlocker. I never installed Bitlocker so how it ended up on the PC I dont know but as a result, i do not have the key. I know how to look up the key if I run command prompt as admin. I can of course get to command prompt
    via troubleshoot. So my questions is, FROM command prompt, is there a way i can give myself administrators privileges ? I know the admin password and so could provide if prompted. If that is not possible, I am open to any other suggestions before i do the
    factory reset.

mukson13, Jun 13, 2024
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. cwtech Win User

Might've installed a virus - Windows Command Prompt Continuously asks for admin privileges.

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jun 13, 2024
Thema:

1. Might've installed a virus - Windows Command Prompt Continuously asks for admin privileges. - Similar Threads - Might've installed virus

2. virus asking for admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus asking for admin: downloaded something off of google and clicked it, it was an installer, opened a yahoo tab and now i have 2 google extensions that i cant remove and i deleted the installer files and i did a malwarebytes scan and it didnt find anything but on control panel its still on there...
  3. Might've installed a virus - Windows Command Prompt Continuously asks for admin privileges.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Might've installed a virus - Windows Command Prompt Continuously asks for admin privileges.: Every time I boot up the system, I get the admin prompt for windows command processor. If I deny it the prompt comes up again and again until I accept it. The fans also keep running loudly without any heavy programs running....
  4. Computer asking for Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer asking for Admin privileges: When i try to delete, create or edit something, its asking me for admin privileges, or it has an admin shield on it. How do i fix this? Not sure how to fix the problem. Cannot provide proof because my computer is not allowing me too....
  5. Computer asking for Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer asking for Admin privileges: When i try to delete, create or edit something, its asking me for admin privileges, or it has an admin shield on it. How do i fix this? Not sure how to fix the problem. Cannot provide proof because my computer is not allowing me too....
  6. Might've found a virus.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Might've found a virus.: Hello Microsoft,I found this folder that says "energy"I have no Idea what it is, but I researched and Apparently it's Adware.Can I get confirmation of this?Thanks.Screenshot of Folder contents:...
  7. Might've found a virus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Might've found a virus.: Hello Microsoft,I found this folder that says "energy"I have no Idea what it is, but I researched and Apparently it's Adware.Can I get confirmation of this?Thanks.Screenshot of Folder contents:...
  8. Might've found a virus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Command prompt as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command prompt as admin: i am locked out of windows by Bitlocker. I never installed Bitlocker so how it ended up on the PC I dont know but as a result, i do not have the key. I know how to look up the key if I run command prompt as admin. I can of course get to command prompt via troubleshoot....
  10. Blank screen trying to run Command Prompt as Admin or Install Virus So

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blank screen trying to run Command Prompt as Admin or Install Virus So: Hello, i'm getting a Blank, Black screen when i try to run the Command prompt as an Admin, install McAfee Virus software and when trying to update to the latest Java update version. I'm not 100% sure, but this problem seems to have started after de-installing the MalwareBytes...