Windows 10: Microsoft word keeps randomly switching the language to French when it obviously isn't French.

Discus and support Microsoft word keeps randomly switching the language to French when it obviously isn't French. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This has happened on a few occasions, when the randomly detected language has abruptly, randomly been switched from English to French without a change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ira TANTSYURA Irina, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Microsoft word keeps randomly switching the language to French when it obviously isn't French.

This has happened on a few occasions, when the randomly detected language has abruptly, randomly been switched from English to French without a change in the keyboard or even an apparent change in the lexicon. As a result I get most of the words in a sentence underlined with red telling me they're not French words and a handful of words not underlined, even though they're obviously English words.

:)

Ira TANTSYURA Irina, Jan 1, 2022
  2. wiganken Win User

AutoCorrect in French not reliable

DELL Inspiron 15-3576 laptop, running Windows 10 Home (64-bit) v1909, build 18363.720 with “Core i5-8250U” CPU and “Intel UHD Graphics 620” display adapter.
    Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016, v2002, build 12527.20278 ‘Click-to-Run. Monthly Channel, installed November 2017.

Question: - If I change the language at the bottom of a Word document from ‘English (UK)’ to ‘French (France) and then start to type in French some words will AutoCorrect but a lot will not.
    Example - L’ete changes to L’été as it should but menage does not change to ménage ?

If I then do a spell check I am given the option to correct each word but this is laborious. Is there a way to force Word AutoCorrect to work properly or is this a bug which we have to accept?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

In case anyone needs to know I found an acceptable workaround.

Caution: -
    When typing in French do not use this procedure for words which are spelled the same in French and English or it will change the English word to the French version when you type in English.
    Examples: -
    ‘a’ and ‘A’, centimetre, athlete. These would change to have accents or graves.

Procedure: -

a) Right-click on the misspelled word which displays a shortcut menu.
    b) Do not choose the correct word from those shown at the top.
    c) Instead choose “AutoCorrect” and select the correct word from that list.

This adds the wrong and corrected word to the AutoCorrect list so that future errors will be corrected automatically. It is not an instant solution for all words since the Autocorrect list needs to grow with the words you add and become more effective with time.

wiganken, Jan 1, 2022
  3. Yetong Win User
    Keyboard languages are all over the place (English US/Canada, Canadian French)

I have to switch between multiple keyboard languages on a daily basis with Windows+Space, but the keyboard languages are all over the place, making switching between languages extremely annoying. I have a keyboard with US layout. These happen on both my
    desktop and my laptop.

When I say "French (Canada)" or "Français (Canada)", I refer to the windows language.

When I say "Canadian French" and "Canadian French (Legacy)", I refer to the keyboard layouts

1. I have set Canada as my location, as it is where I live, but this causes the keyboard to randomly have both
    English (United States) and
    English (Canada) as languages despite the fact that I only have
    English (United States) with
    US keyboard in languages. They are exactly the same and I would like to somehow get rid of
    English (Canada). Usually there is only one of them.

2. My french settings keep randomly switching. I usually use the Canadian French keyboard layout and I only have Canadian French in the languages settings under
    French (Canada)

Sometimes, "Canadian French (Legacy)" (which behaves very differently when it comes to accents) is added and selected. I have never added "Canadian French (Legacy)" myself and it is not listed in settings despite appearing
    in the language bar and being selectable and usable. In other words, it randomly adds and switches keyboards.

I used to be able to fix this by going into Languages/Français (Canada), adding some random layout (like dutch or whatever) so that I can remove
    Canadian French (as it's the only one listed despite the fact that both
    Canadian French and Canadian French (Legacy) are in the language bar), re-adding
    Canadian French, and finally removing the random layout I added. This fix only works temporarily as it can happen again at any time and when rebooting.

This is driving me crazy as I have to switch between 4 different languages often (for example, accessing both french and english quotation marks) and this messes up big time with my muscle memory of Windows+Spacing to switch. If I miss the language I was
    aiming for, I have to press space through all the list to get back where I was. My language bar also becomes pretty huge.

My language bar when it happens.

Microsoft word keeps randomly switching the language to French when it obviously isn't French. 173f99e4-2d63-4de5-bbb8-53c168a123f5?upload=true.png

The language settings. Notice how English (United States is not a language)

Microsoft word keeps randomly switching the language to French when it obviously isn't French. b15417a5-d7bc-485f-a96f-4f14a67b3f1d?upload=true.png

Yetong, Jan 1, 2022
  4. Microsoft word keeps randomly switching the language to French when it obviously isn't French.

keyboard keep switching from US input to french.

So since last update Win10 keep switching my keyboard input language to french although I have an US qwerty keyboard. I tried removing the french keyboard in the language option but there is no french keyboard there. I have both language installed (french
    and US english) and the region is set to US. I looked at the other posts here mentioning a similar problem, but none of them worked. In language>language options, I only have US as an input method.

Please help this is driving me nuts!

DedeMauriceBob, Jan 1, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft word keeps randomly switching the language to French when it obviously isn't French.

1. Microsoft word keeps randomly switching the language to French when it obviously isn't French. - Similar Threads - Microsoft word keeps

2. I cant put the language Canada French into Word.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant put the language Canada French into Word.: I did go into file and after option and language and it just says :Install available and went me into Install the French Canada Language Pack for 64-bit Office - Microsoft Support and there no download button...
  3. I cant put the language Canada French into Word.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant put the language Canada French into Word.: I did go into file and after option and language and it just says :Install available and went me into Install the French Canada Language Pack for 64-bit Office - Microsoft Support and there no download button...
  4. After installing French as an additional language my Microsoft 365 apps are in French.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing French as an additional language my Microsoft 365 apps are in French.: After installing French as an additional language on top of English UK, all the MS365 apps Word, Excel, Outlook etc now are in French. Ho do I get them back to English? I still want to keep French as a second language for spellchecking and the French keyboard....
  5. After installing French as an additional language my Microsoft 365 apps are in French.

After installing French as an additional language my Microsoft 365 apps are in French.: After installing French as an additional language on top of English UK, all the MS365 apps Word, Excel, Outlook etc now are in French. Ho do I get them back to English? I still want to keep French as a second language for spellchecking and the French keyboard....
  6. Asus Vivobook-- French Language

Asus Vivobook-- French Language: I bought a Viviobook Pro 16x a few days ago. When I set it up, I accidentally selected French for my language. Thankfully, I was able to go to settings-->Time and Language to resolve most of the issues. What's still happening is when I start the laptop, it displays French...
  7. French Canadian language keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Canadian language keyboard: As of Windows 11, I no longer have the Canadian Multilingual keyboard.It appears to be replaced with something called the French Canadian keyboard. BUT!When using the on screen so-called „soft“ keyboard, it appears to be the Canadian Intermediate keyboard – but – when...
  8. Microsoft word keeps randomly switching the language to French when it obviously isn't French.

Microsoft word keeps randomly switching the language to French when it obviously isn't French.: This has happened on a few occasions, when the randomly detected language has abruptly, randomly been switched from English to French without a change in the keyboard or even an apparent change in the lexicon. As a result I get most of the words in a sentence underlined with...
  9. Word keeps reverting back to English when I want it to be in French language verification...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word keeps reverting back to English when I want it to be in French language verification...: Hello, Every time I change the language setting from to English to French, it always returns back to english even when I put French as the default language verification. I also tried changing the language from the options menu and setting french as my default typing...
  10. Please french language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please french language: Please french language https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/please-french-language/90582942-427e-46e6-a856-9aca6078467e