Windows 10: Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly

Discus and support Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I saw that Age of Empires 4 was available via the Game Pass, so I decided to download the version with the 4K HDR video. I goofed up and selected my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GeodesicDragon, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly

I saw that Age of Empires 4 was available via the Game Pass, so I decided to download the version with the 4K HDR video. I goofed up and selected my main C:/ drive as the destination, but soon realised that was wrong and tried to cancel the download so I could install the game on an external drive. However, the Microsoft Store is not co-operating properly and is now stuck informing me of insufficient space. No matter what I try, the download will not cancel and remove the files so I can get my space back.I have tried resetting the Store numerous times, and I've also tried clicking the X button

:)

GeodesicDragon, Nov 8, 2021

2. I cannot download Sea of Thieves on PC from microsoft store.

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the delayed response. We identified this issue regards downloading Sea of Thieves from Windows Store App and we still working on it to fix the problem. As a workaround, we suggest following the steps below:

• Cancel all existing download on the Store app.
    • Start the download of Sea of Thieves once again.
    • As soon as the download starts, immediately restart the computer.
    • After the reboot, do not launch the Store app instead wait for the passive download which you can check in the Action Center. Then it will automatically install by itself and then open the game without any issues.

For any results, please let us know.

Genevieve Cri, Nov 8, 2021
  3. Windows Store Download instantly Cancelled

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having difficulties in Microsoft Store.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

However, we can try a few steps and check.

Step 1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2:
    Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Select the Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Running PowerShell Command

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

3. Restart PC and check

Step 4: New user account

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 8, 2021
  4. Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly

CANCELING DOWNLOAD OF AN APP FROM MICROSOFT STORE

I started download of an app from microsoft store but it was not downloading I waited half an hour then i canceled it's download by clicking on cross button (X) , but after few minutes download again started . Now I do not want to download it. I cancel
    it everyday but the download starts automatically and shows pending. HOW TO CANCEL IT PERMANENTLY , I DON'T WANT TO DOWNLOAD IT.

NishantChhillar, Nov 8, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly

1. Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Cancelling

2. How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?: If I try to download any app in Microsoft Store, it goes to the bottom of the Updates and Downloads list. In the list there are so many useless apps I don't even remember getting. This wouldn't be a problem if the download speed was average, but unfortunately it takes SO LONG...
  3. How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?: If I try to download any app in Microsoft Store, it goes to the bottom of the Updates and Downloads list. In the list there are so many useless apps I don't even remember getting. This wouldn't be a problem if the download speed was average, but unfortunately it takes SO LONG...
  4. How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable: I was in the process of downloading Fallout 76 earlier today, making it about a third of the way through the download. I left my computer for some time to run errands. I returned to have found the download making zero progress, seemingly paused, though it certainly was not. I...
  6. Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable: I was in the process of downloading Fallout 76 earlier today, making it about a third of the way through the download. I left my computer for some time to run errands. I returned to have found the download making zero progress, seemingly paused, though it certainly was not. I...
  7. Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly

Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly: I saw that Age of Empires 4 was available via the Game Pass, so I decided to download the version with the 4K HDR video. I goofed up and selected my main C:/ drive as the destination, but soon realised that was wrong and tried to cancel the download so I could install the...
  9. Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly: I saw that Age of Empires 4 was available via the Game Pass, so I decided to download the version with the 4K HDR video. I goofed up and selected my main C:/ drive as the destination, but soon realised that was wrong and tried to cancel the download so I could install the...
  10. CANCELING DOWNLOAD OF AN APP FROM MICROSOFT STORE

CANCELING DOWNLOAD OF AN APP FROM MICROSOFT STORE: I started download of an app from microsoft store but it was not downloading I waited half an hour then i canceled it's download by clicking on cross button X , but after few minutes download again started . Now I do not want to download it. I cancel it everyday but the...