Windows 10: Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell...

Discus and support Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've followed about a dozen guides now and none have worked. The Microsoft store app is completely missing from my pc now and there's no way to get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alexander the mad, Jul 13, 2024.

1. Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell...

I've followed about a dozen guides now and none have worked. The Microsoft store app is completely missing from my pc now and there's no way to get it back. Pc has been updated/checked for updates and none were found. Internet is working fine. I've used powershell commands to reset the windows store, delete the windows store this one worked and reinstall the windows store this one acts like its working but the store it still missing and none have worked, all act like they're working and then nothing happens. I've restarted my pc dozens of times during each step of these processes. I've als

:)

Alexander the mad, Jul 13, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 13, 2024
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jul 13, 2024
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell...

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

P4-630, Jul 13, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell...

1. Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell... - Similar Threads - Microsoft store app

2. Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell...: I've followed about a dozen guides now and none have worked. The Microsoft store app is completely missing from my pc now and there's no way to get it back. Pc has been updated/checked for updates and none were found. Internet is working fine. I've used powershell commands to...
  3. Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store app broke and wouldn't install anything. I removed it using powershell...: I've followed about a dozen guides now and none have worked. The Microsoft store app is completely missing from my pc now and there's no way to get it back. Pc has been updated/checked for updates and none were found. Internet is working fine. I've used powershell commands to...
  4. I cannot update and install app installer and powershell on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot update and install app installer and powershell on Microsoft Store: What can I do to fix this problem ? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-update-and-install-app-installer-and/deb4e778-212b-4897-940b-cef5379de74c
  5. I cannot update and install app installer and powershell on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot update and install app installer and powershell on Microsoft Store: What can I do to fix this problem ? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-update-and-install-app-installer-and/deb4e778-212b-4897-940b-cef5379de74c
  6. I can't install anything using the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install anything using the Microsoft store: Recently I tried to play Minecraft but it wasn't working so I went to reinstall the launcher from the store like I saw in another post from support but when I went to reinstall it, the button just grays out and nothing happens. I've tried other troubleshooting methods but it...
  7. I can't install anything using the Microsoft store

I can't install anything using the Microsoft store: Recently I tried to play Minecraft but it wasn't working so I went to reinstall the launcher from the store like I saw in another post from support but when I went to reinstall it, the button just grays out and nothing happens. I've tried other troubleshooting methods but it...
  8. I fixed an issue that wouldn't let me download or install anything from the Microsoft Store...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I fixed an issue that wouldn't let me download or install anything from the Microsoft Store...: Maybe this will help you as well. I went to install Halo from the Xbox app, and it kept failing. I tried to install from the Microsoft Store, and that kept failing. I realized that it wasn't installing any apps at all, including Visual C++ updates. I kept getting errors that...
  9. I fixed an issue that wouldn't let me download or install anything from the Microsoft Store...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I fixed an issue that wouldn't let me download or install anything from the Microsoft Store...: Maybe this will help you as well. I went to install Halo from the Xbox app, and it kept failing. I tried to install from the Microsoft Store, and that kept failing. I realized that it wasn't installing any apps at all, including Visual C++ updates. I kept getting errors that...
  10. I fixed an issue that wouldn't let me download or install anything from the Microsoft Store...