Windows 10: Microsoft store and Xbox app won't work properly code 0x80248014

Discus and support Microsoft store and Xbox app won't work properly code 0x80248014 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I launch the Microsoft Store, it loads very slowly and a screen pops up and says "Microsoft store couldn't update. Something happened and we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Johnny Taing, Jul 26, 2024.

1. Microsoft store and Xbox app won't work properly code 0x80248014

When I launch the Microsoft Store, it loads very slowly and a screen pops up and says "Microsoft store couldn't update. Something happened and we couldn't complete the update." The error code it gives me is 0x80248014. It gives me two options to either skip for now and try again. When I click try again, it loads for a while and the same error pops up. But when I click skip for now the store usually loads after a while, but when I go to download something it says error, something happened on our end with the same error code 0x80248014. No matter how many times I click retry same results show u

:)

Johnny Taing, Jul 26, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

The Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app doesn't work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Store, Xbox app and GameBar. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

For issues with launching Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Method 1: Store app troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the Store app troubleshooter and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security and select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, click on Windows Store apps and select Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Re-register apps

If Store app troubleshooter doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try re-registering the apps using PowerShell. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Paste the following command and press Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process is complete, restart the computer and check.

Method 3: New user account

If re-registering the apps didn’t work, try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 26, 2024
  3. Microsoft Store and Xbox App not working.

I'm having trouble with the Windows store App as well as the Xbox App on my Windows 10 PC. I have tried several fixes already, as well as contacted Microsoft support agents but the apps continue to not work. When I try to download from the Windows store,
    I get the error code 0x803F8001, when I try to sign into the Xbox app it gives the error code 0x80080300 before i even have a chance to enter my credentials. Below is a list of the fixes I or the Microsoft support agents have already tried.

1. Turning off/on Windows firewall (only security I use)

2. Re-Downloading The Xbox App

3. Deleting the contents of the softwaredistribution folder

4. Turning off all non-Microsoft services in system configuration and disabling all startup applications in task manager.

5. Setting to Automatic the Xbox Live Auth Manager as well as the Xbox Live Networking Service.

6. repairing my operating system while in safe mode.

7. checking the Use SSL 3.0/TLS 1.0/TLS 1.1/TLS 1.2 in Internet Properties in Control Panel.

Every single one of these options was performed after a clean restart and tested after restarting my computer again. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated, I am at my wits end with this problem.

RPTM Tunhizzle, Jul 26, 2024
  4. Burgurne Win User

Microsoft store and Xbox app won't work properly code 0x80248014

Error 0x80248014 when installing or updating apps - Microsoft Store

Hello.
    Windows Store don't work anymore. Nomatter if I try to install a new app, or update one I already has, it breaks off download and give me this error 0x80248014 or sometime 0x80070002. I have searched on google about this, but most answers are about Windows Update, and WU is working just fine, but not the Windows Store. I have read and tried this

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...dbd9880?page=3

and this
    Microsoft Store is broken in Windows 10 and I can't fix it

But I'm still without Windows Store, and there are 25 updates in there that can't be downloaded *Sad

What can I try? My windows version is 17763.292

Burgurne, Jul 26, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft store and Xbox app won't work properly code 0x80248014

1. Microsoft store and Xbox app won't work properly code 0x80248014 - Similar Threads - Microsoft store Xbox

2. Microsoft store and Xbox app won't work properly code 0x80248014

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store and Xbox app won't work properly code 0x80248014: When I launch the Microsoft Store, it loads very slowly and a screen pops up and says "Microsoft store couldn't update. Something happened and we couldn't complete the update." The error code it gives me is 0x80248014. It gives me two options to either skip for now and try...
  3. Microsoft Store not working properly and can't reinstall Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not working properly and can't reinstall Xbox app: Hello there, so yesterday I started the xbox app to update Sea of Thieves, it was super slow so I tried to update it trough the Microsoft Store app, it had more app updates there, since everything was so slow I decided to uninstall the xbox app to re-install again .My issue...
  4. Microsoft Store not working properly and can't reinstall Xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not working properly and can't reinstall Xbox app: Hello there, so yesterday I started the xbox app to update Sea of Thieves, it was super slow so I tried to update it trough the Microsoft Store app, it had more app updates there, since everything was so slow I decided to uninstall the xbox app to re-install again .My issue...
  5. Microsoft Store not working properly and can't reinstall Xbox app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Microsoft store won't work properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store won't work properly.: I bought Minecraft for $30. in Microsoft store I've tried about everything to fix this issue. I spent almost 4 hours try to resolve this. It says I own this item. When I try to download it is says "Starting Download" "Download Pending" "Acquiring Licenses" Once is says...
  7. Microsoft store won't work properly.

Microsoft store won't work properly.: I bought Minecraft for $30. in Microsoft store I've tried about everything to fix this issue. I spent almost 4 hours try to resolve this. It says I own this item. When I try to download it is says "Starting Download" "Download Pending" "Acquiring Licenses" Once is says...
  8. Microsoft store won't work properly.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. Microsoft store and xbox app not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store and xbox app not working properly: Recently I was prompted to install minecraft launcher from windows store. However upon pressing install nothing happens, before it was giving error 0x0000001. Same with FH5 pre-install through game pass. Store, xbox app and gaming services were reset numerous times....
  10. Microsoft store and xbox app not working properly

Microsoft store and xbox app not working properly: Recently I was prompted to install minecraft launcher from windows store. However upon pressing install nothing happens, before it was giving error 0x0000001. Same with FH5 pre-install through game pass. Store, xbox app and gaming services were reset numerous times....