Windows 10: Microsoft Store and Photos apps are gone

Discus and support Microsoft Store and Photos apps are gone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One day I tried opening some photos of mine and the app I'd open them with was Microsoft Photos. It didn't open and instead came back with a timeout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aubree Dobson, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Microsoft Store and Photos apps are gone

One day I tried opening some photos of mine and the app I'd open them with was Microsoft Photos. It didn't open and instead came back with a timeout error: I tried going to the app's advanced settings, but that wouldn't load unless I was in safe mode, and I couldn't uninstall it, reset, repair or troubleshoot it there. I tried uninstalling the app with Powershell then reinstalling it in Store, but then Store was unable to install or update any apps. After trying to fix that, I ended up possibly uninstalling Store as well, and using the AppxPackage command on Powershell doesn't seem to work bec

:)

Aubree Dobson, Jan 28, 2022

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 28, 2022
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jan 28, 2022
  4. Microsoft Store and Photos apps are gone

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Store and Photos apps are gone

1. Microsoft Store and Photos apps are gone - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Photos

2. photos app and microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app and microsoft store: at first i was having problems with my photos app when ever i try to open any photo of any file jpeg jpg or png any an other file and error pop up so i tried uninstalling my photos app, i went to microsoft store to download it but i couldnt even find the app in there so i...
  3. photos app and microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app and microsoft store: at first i was having problems with my photos app when ever i try to open any photo of any file jpeg jpg or png any an other file and error pop up so i tried uninstalling my photos app, i went to microsoft store to download it but i couldnt even find the app in there so i...
  4. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone: All of the default apps like Clock, Settings, Calculator and Microsoft Store app icons are gone and I've tried things like rebuilding icon cache which doesn't work and everything else I can't do because I'm not an adminThe icons are only gone when I search them in the search...
  5. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone: All of the default apps like Clock, Settings, Calculator and Microsoft Store app icons are gone and I've tried things like rebuilding icon cache which doesn't work and everything else I can't do because I'm not an adminThe icons are only gone when I search them in the search...
  6. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

7. Microsoft App Store "gone" after Reset

Microsoft App Store "gone" after Reset: Hello, I have had trouble downloading apps from the app store, so I went and looked for ways to fix the issue for ex. Troubleshooting and then Resetting the app, I also tried other things with cmd and Powershell as other threads said so. Nothing worked so far. I found one...
  8. Microsoft Store and Photos apps are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Photos apps are gone: One day I tried opening some photos of mine and the app I'd open them with was Microsoft Photos. It didn't open and instead came back with a timeout error: I tried going to the app's advanced settings, but that wouldn't load unless I was in safe mode, and I couldn't uninstall...
  9. Microsoft Store, Photos and Video Editor are gone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store, Photos and Video Editor are gone: As stated, I went to go open a picture and noticed the photos app wasn't listed anymore. Went to go to the store to redownload it and that also wasn't there. I've attempted to use powershell to reinstall them but i keep getting an error. When i try to open the "files" from...
  10. Photo app is gone

Photo app is gone: Hi, every one l have laptop works on windows 10, when l lunched the windows l make all update setting off but the problem is from day to day the windows makes update by it self (Automatic) even l switch off all update setting and there is application that run my photo but...