Windows 10: Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start"

Discus and support Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So yesterday my computer had some corrupt files that it couldn't fix and had to do an update but it wouldnt let me do it so i used the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by göktuğ birol, May 27, 2023.

1. Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start"

So yesterday my computer had some corrupt files that it couldn't fix and had to do an update but it wouldnt let me do it so i used the update assistant. I fixed the corrupt files and everything was working fine. Today i tried to open the mail app, it opened but closed back again after about 3-4 seconds. I thought maybe reinstalling would fix it so i deleted it and tried to open the microsoft store app but it flashes on the taskbar for less than a second and then goes away in an instant. It shows up on the task manager for a few seconds but vanishes again. i tried wsreset.exe and it gives the e

:)

göktuğ birol, May 27, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start" :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 27, 2023
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 27, 2023
  4. Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start"

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, May 27, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start"

1. Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start" - Similar Threads - Microsoft store mail

2. [SOLVED] Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset gives the error "the app didn't...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    [SOLVED] Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset gives the error "the app didn't...: So yesterday my computer had some corrupt files that it couldn't fix and had to do an update but it wouldnt let me do it so i used the update assistant. I fixed the corrupt files and everything was working fine. Today i tried to open the mail app, it opened but closed back...
  3. Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start": So yesterday my computer had some corrupt files that it couldn't fix and had to do an update but it wouldnt let me do it so i used the update assistant. I fixed the corrupt files and everything was working fine. Today i tried to open the mail app, it opened but closed back...
  4. Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start"

Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start": So yesterday my computer had some corrupt files that it couldn't fix and had to do an update but it wouldnt let me do it so i used the update assistant. I fixed the corrupt files and everything was working fine. Today i tried to open the mail app, it opened but closed back...
  5. Microsoft Photos App error "the app didn't start"

Microsoft Photos App error "the app didn't start": I have a new HP laptop running Windows 10. When I try to open a photo or screen snip I receive the error "the app didn't start" I have tried all fixes posted: uninstall, reinstall from microsoft store, reset, rpair, Powershell etc etc. etc Still I can't use Microsoft Photos....
  6. Microsoft Store and Apps won't open

Microsoft Store and Apps won't open: So for the past two weeks I've been trying every solution i could find with no luck including resetting windows 10 and all of my apps and programs. I just don't know what to do at this point, all help is needed and appreciated....
  7. Microsoft Photos App "This app didn't start" error

Microsoft Photos App "This app didn't start" error: Hello, I am having an issue where my Microsoft Photos app isn't working properly. The error I'm getting states "this app didn't start". I have tried all 3 of these "fixes" with no resolution:...
  8. Microsoft Store Apps some apps won't open

Microsoft Store Apps some apps won't open: Hello, I had another computer with windows 10 and all my games from Microsoft Store all worked. Could it be that I'm using my 50" TV as my monitor, it has a VGA plug on the back of the Tv. My monitor broke so I've been using that as my monitor. I uninstalled MS Store,...
  9. My Microsoft Store Apps(Films & movies , Photos , etc ) give "The app didn't start " errors.

My Microsoft Store Apps(Films & movies , Photos , etc ) give "The app didn't start " errors.: My Microsoft Store Apps(Films & movies , Photos , etc ) give "The app didn't start " errors. I have tried everything given online but this doesn't stop happening. It started last week and rebooting does not help. Also I was trying to open Microsoft Store but the app closes...
  10. Mail app won't start

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app won't start: Recently I found my Windows 10 mail app won't start on one of my accounts. I have 2 accounts: one is with my Microsoft login and the other is with a local account. The local one is used infrequently so I don't know when problem started. The Microsoft account I use often and...