Windows 10: Microsoft Photos no longer steps through a photo file

Discus and support Microsoft Photos no longer steps through a photo file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I take rather extensive photos. My event files can vary from a couple of hundred shots to fifteen hundred or so. Until recently two to three months I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dave1310, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Dave1310 Win User

Microsoft Photos no longer steps through a photo file

I take rather extensive photos. My event files can vary from a couple of hundred shots to fifteen hundred or so. Until recently two to three months I could step through the photos in a file from beginning to end regardless of the file size. Now it will only show, maybe, 150 or 160 photos and acts as though the end of the file has been reached. It hasn't. Further, if I back step through the photos I just viewed, it will only show a portion of those already seen and then acts as though the beginning of the file has been reached. It hasn't.Is this the result of an upgrade? Is there a setting I

:)

Dave1310, Aug 20, 2021
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Microsoft Photos no longer steps through a photo file [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Aug 20, 2021
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Aug 20, 2021
  4. meebers Win User

Replacement for photo viewer

Win ver 19041.388

Just do not like this "new" photo viewer, it is just cumbersome to operate, lot of extra steps etc. I like the older Win photo viewer, however since JPG files are saved as "unhandled Extension handler finder", *Confused I need something else. Appreciate any suggestions that is not overly optioned, just a simple viewer. Tx

meebers, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Photos no longer steps through a photo file - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos longer

2. Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files: Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files. This has happened before and after going into APPS and both Repairing and Resetting both apps they worked. However, that no longer fixes this issue. Microsoft Photo Gallery does open all image files.Why is...
  3. Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files: Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files. This has happened before and after going into APPS and both Repairing and Resetting both apps they worked. However, that no longer fixes this issue. Microsoft Photo Gallery does open all image files.Why is...
  4. Photos no longer open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos no longer open: My photos no longer open on my laptop Windows 10. I just get a black screen. I can see the images in tiles, but can't view them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-no-longer-open/1757597d-e10b-4e51-91b1-e3ba4351d10c
  5. Photos no longer open

Photos no longer open: My photos no longer open on my laptop Windows 10. I just get a black screen. I can see the images in tiles, but can't view them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-no-longer-open/1757597d-e10b-4e51-91b1-e3ba4351d10c
  6. Can no longer send photos with Microsoft Photos via email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer send photos with Microsoft Photos via email: I used to be able to share photos that are opened with Microsoft Photos by directly sending with email. But just since the past several months ago, I was not able to do so. I will need to attached the photo file via DropBox and then send via email. Please advise what may be...
  7. Can no longer send photos with Microsoft Photos via email

Can no longer send photos with Microsoft Photos via email: I used to be able to share photos that are opened with Microsoft Photos by directly sending with email. But just since the past several months ago, I was not able to do so. I will need to attached the photo file via DropBox and then send via email. Please advise what may be...
  8. Windows Photo Viewer not allowing me to advance through photos in a file

Windows Photo Viewer not allowing me to advance through photos in a file: I have many folders on my computer with photos in them. With some of them, I can open the Windows photo viewer default app and "page through" them using the arrow keys. In other folders, I have lost this capability. I am not sure if it is a result of me renaming the photo...
  9. Windows Photo Viewer not allowing me to advance through photos in a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo Viewer not allowing me to advance through photos in a file: I have many folders on my computer with photos in them. With some of them, I can open the Windows photo viewer default app and "page through" them using the arrow keys. In other folders, I have lost this capability. I am not sure if it is a result of me renaming the photo...
  10. Microsoft Photos no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Photos no longer works: After an automatic Windows update, Photos app no longer functions. If I attempt to open the app directly, the opening screen appears for a few moments and then closes. If I click on a jpg file in explorer, I get a system error code -2147219196. I tried uninstalling the...