Windows 10: Microsoft Outlook 2024 won't work with Centurylink email

Discus and support Microsoft Outlook 2024 won't work with Centurylink email in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The new Outlook for 2024 that replaced Windows Mail does not work with Centurylink for whatever reason.Microsoft please bring back Windows Mail, or try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michael Simons2, May 2, 2024.

1. Microsoft Outlook 2024 won't work with Centurylink email

The new Outlook for 2024 that replaced Windows Mail does not work with Centurylink for whatever reason.Microsoft please bring back Windows Mail, or try making free standalone Outlook work with Centurylink. It appears to work at first by populating the sent and inboxes with old emails. Then it does next to nothingReply Edit

:)

Michael Simons2, May 2, 2024

2. How to add a Microsoft email account to Outlook 2016

I saw an old post describing the steps to add an msn.com email account to Microsoft Outlook. It had to be done manually selecting the first option and using blu404.m.hotmail as the server. If I try to do the same, however, I get an error message saying that the server can't be reached.

How can I add a Microsoft email account (hotmail/outlook) to desktop Outlook? I can use this email account in Outlook Live, (it shows Outlook Mail in the upper left corner of my emails), but I can't add it to Outlook 2016 from Office Professional. I was able to add an @att.net email account, but I don't know what to do for a Microsoft account.

If I try to add it without any manual steps I get an error message saying (more or less): "an encrypted email did not work, try and unencrypted email", but that does not work either. Clearly, some manual configuration is needed: please guide me along the required steps. In case it matters, my password is 8 characters long.

Karen Clayton, May 2, 2024
  3. Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, May 2, 2024
  4. Microsoft Outlook 2024 won't work with Centurylink email

Like many, I accepted the Windows 10 free download BUT, now CenturyLink email does not work

I reviewed, and even copied, the msg 'centurylink email after windows 10 upgrade, and have spoken to CenturyLink . . . who tell me to talk to Microsoft . . . Oh well, it's worth a try.

The problem: Although I can enter a recipient address and subject line, and can even attach photos, *I CANNOT ENTER TEXT IN THE BODY OF THE MESSAGE* . . . and, believe it or not, the email - addressee/subject/photo attachments - can be sent and received.

Life for an 'ole geezer who is a computer *user* and not a techie is difficult enough, so please don't suggest that I use yet another browser just for email . . . and, if you're going to suggest that I complicate my life further by using Outlook, I'll be
    attempting that avenue after sending this msg.

In a phone call to CenturyLink, they took me into 'my account' and, although neither 'enhanced' nor 'basic' email mode was selected, had me select Enhanced, which I attempted, and 'saved' several times . . . to no effect.

Considering that *I'M THE CUSTOMER* and *BOTH* Microsoft and CenturyLink mammoth businesses that regularly pick my pocket . . . perhaps they should be communicating with one another to resolve *OUR* problem.

If anyone has discovered the solution to my . . . and apparently many others' . . . problem, I'd surely appreciate your sharing it.

Regards, John N

JohnNeighbours, May 2, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft Outlook 2024 won't work with Centurylink email

1. Microsoft Outlook 2024 won't work with Centurylink email - Similar Threads - Microsoft Outlook 2024

2. Microsoft Outlook 2024 won't work with Centurylink email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Outlook 2024 won't work with Centurylink email: The new Outlook for 2024 that replaced Windows Mail does not work with Centurylink for whatever reason.Microsoft please bring back Windows Mail, or try making free standalone Outlook work with Centurylink. It appears to work at first by populating the sent and inboxes with...
  3. Microsoft Outlook 2024 won't work with Centurylink email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Outlook 2024 won't work with Centurylink email: The new Outlook for 2024 that replaced Windows Mail does not work with Centurylink for whatever reason.Microsoft please bring back Windows Mail, or try making free standalone Outlook work with Centurylink. It appears to work at first by populating the sent and inboxes with...
  4. Outlook 2024

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2024: In August I downloaded the Outlook 2024 version for my email and calendar on my Windows 10 laptop. Today my email and calendar has reverted back to the old version with the emails received and sent and calendar dates since the update have disappeared. I tried to download...
  5. Outlook 2024

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 2024: In August I downloaded the Outlook 2024 version for my email and calendar on my Windows 10 laptop. Today my email and calendar has reverted back to the old version with the emails received and sent and calendar dates since the update have disappeared. I tried to download...
  6. Outlook 2024

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. microsoft will be migrating all emails to outlook in 2024. Will I lose my old emails and...

microsoft will be migrating all emails to outlook in 2024. Will I lose my old emails and...: I have 2 msn.com email accounts for years and need my old emails and contacts and folder in my email. I use a laptop with Windows 10 and a desktop version of office not a subscription.According to Microsoft: "Beginning in 2024, Windows 11 devices will be shipped with the new...
  8. microsoft will be migrating all emails to outlook in 2024. Will I lose my old emails and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft will be migrating all emails to outlook in 2024. Will I lose my old emails and...: I have 2 msn.com email accounts for years and need my old emails and contacts and folder in my email. I use a laptop with Windows 10 and a desktop version of office not a subscription.According to Microsoft: "Beginning in 2024, Windows 11 devices will be shipped with the new...
  9. microsoft will be migrating all emails to outlook in 2024. Will I lose my old emails and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Outlook emails won't update

Outlook emails won't update: I receive a server network error pop up when trying access outlook for email. I also get a pop up to re authenticate my password. I have reset my password 2 times. This started when Google blocked my account when I used my iphone hot spot....