Windows 10: Microsoft has indirectly locked me out of my own computer..

Discus and support Microsoft has indirectly locked me out of my own computer.. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am trying to sign into my windows account. My computer says there was a change in security settings, and for that reason I need to reset my pin. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by gunslingkings, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Microsoft has indirectly locked me out of my own computer..

I am trying to sign into my windows account. My computer says there was a change in security settings, and for that reason I need to reset my pin. I enter my password for my Microsoft account which is accepted and then it says it will send me a verification code to my mobile this code never arrives. I have researched online and found thousands of other people who have had this issues before. However, that does not seem to be a fix that works for my computer. I have waited and waited and waited but this does not help. I have reset the code but this does not help. I can still sign in online, but

:)

gunslingkings, Dec 20, 2022
  2. pepanee Win User

Random Auto-Locking of Computer Screen

Nobody suggested checking out Event Viewer?

When your computer randomly locks, search for, and open: Event Viewer

Under Windows Logs, Check out:
    • Application
    • Security, and
    • System

See if you can find something that states anything that could be related to your computer locking. The newest events are listed at the top of each section, so finding an event log would be pretty easy to find. Hopefully we can find what is causing the computer to lock.

pepanee, Dec 20, 2022
  3. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Dec 20, 2022
  4. Microsoft has indirectly locked me out of my own computer..

Lock screen issue

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to Settings>>Personalization>>Lock Screen.

• In the right panel, select Picture instead of Windows Spotlight.
    Please feel free to post your queries in Microsoft Community. We will be glad to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 20, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft has indirectly locked me out of my own computer..

1. Microsoft has indirectly locked me out of my own computer.. - Similar Threads - Microsoft has indirectly

2. Minecraft is locking me out of my own computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft is locking me out of my own computer: So I have Windows 11 and tried to install Minecraft and since I had a local account instead of Microsoft account it would not let me install it.After syncing the Microsoft account to the local account I was able to install Minecraft but had an error about Microsoft store that...
  3. Minecraft is locking me out of my own computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft is locking me out of my own computer: So I have Windows 11 and tried to install Minecraft and since I had a local account instead of Microsoft account it would not let me install it.After syncing the Microsoft account to the local account I was able to install Minecraft but had an error about Microsoft store that...
  4. Microsoft has indirectly locked me out of my own computer..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft has indirectly locked me out of my own computer..: I am trying to sign into my windows account. My computer says there was a change in security settings, and for that reason I need to reset my pin. I enter my password for my Microsoft account which is accepted and then it says it will send me a verification code to my mobile...
  5. Microsoft has indirectly locked me out of my own computer..

Microsoft has indirectly locked me out of my own computer..: I am trying to sign into my windows account. My computer says there was a change in security settings, and for that reason I need to reset my pin. I enter my password for my Microsoft account which is accepted and then it says it will send me a verification code to my mobile...
  6. Locked out of my own computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my own computer: Over the weekend I upgraded the CPU in my computer Dell Aurora R10 AMD 5800X3D Little did I know that my login PIN was ties to keys in the CPUs TPM module.When I started up the computer it asked me if I wanted to reset the fTPM, I said yes. When it booted up and on login...
  7. Locked out of my own computer

Locked out of my own computer: Over the weekend I upgraded the CPU in my computer Dell Aurora R10 AMD 5800X3D Little did I know that my login PIN was ties to keys in the CPUs TPM module.When I started up the computer it asked me if I wanted to reset the fTPM, I said yes. When it booted up and on login...
  8. Locked out of my own computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my own computer: This is a very bad situation. 3 days ago I changed my four digit PIN that Windows requires for me to log in to my user account. But then yesterday I had to reset the computer to a restore point two days before I changed my login pin.When the restore process was finished I was...
  9. Locked out of my own computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my own computer: This is a very bad situation. 3 days ago I changed my four digit PIN that Windows requires for me to log in to my user account. But then yesterday I had to reset the computer to a restore point two days before I changed my login pin.When the restore process was finished I was...
  10. Locked out of my own computer