Windows 10: Microsoft Family time-extension too slow

Discus and support Microsoft Family time-extension too slow in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi - I have 2 kids who have Microsoft family accounts. Its been more than a year I have been using these accounts, without a doubt not a great... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Baba Jaan, Sep 29, 2024 at 10:12 PM.

1. Baba Jaan Win User

Microsoft Family time-extension too slow

Hi - I have 2 kids who have Microsoft family accounts. Its been more than a year I have been using these accounts, without a doubt not a great experience but I was still using it since I am unable to find an alternative. Recently, one of my kid has been experiencing major issues, once I extend her time by any amount e.g. 15, 30 or 45 mins it takes 5-10 mins for this change to show up. Its extremely annoying since kid would keep on asking me for more time and I would tell her I already extended her time. This keeps on going back-n-forth for few times till changes show up after 5-10 mins. The

:)

2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

3. Block chrome and extensions on family safety

Hi Palango,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

You can try to block those extensions and chrome.

Manage family settings:

Refer the steps below.

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• Select the child whose settings you want to manage from the list of children in your Family. If your kids also use Family Safety on older versions of Windows, or My Family on older Windows phones, you’ll see them listed per device.

• Choose what to turn on or change for your child's account:

• Recent activity allows you to see what websites they've been visiting, what apps and games they've been using, and how much time they've been spending on their devices.

• Web browsing lets you choose what websites your child can and can't see.

• Apps & games allows you to limit the apps and games your child can download from the Windows Store. It also lets you unblock any app or game you’ve blocked previously.

• Screen time allows you to set the maximum amount of time they can spend on their devices.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us we will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 29, 2024 at 10:13 PM
Thema:

Microsoft Family time-extension too slow

1. Microsoft Family time-extension too slow - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family extension

2. Microsoft Family time-extension too slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family time-extension too slow: Hi - I have 2 kids who have Microsoft family accounts. Its been more than a year I have been using these accounts, without a doubt not a great experience but I was still using it since I am unable to find an alternative. Recently, one of my kid has been experiencing major...
  3. Microsoft Family time-extension too slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family time-extension too slow: Hi - I have 2 kids who have Microsoft family accounts. Its been more than a year I have been using these accounts, without a doubt not a great experience but I was still using it since I am unable to find an alternative. Recently, one of my kid has been experiencing major...
  4. In Microsoft Family is there a way to revoke screen time extension after it has been...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    In Microsoft Family is there a way to revoke screen time extension after it has been...: When my son's screen time limit has been reached he often sends me a request for more time. Sometimes I accidentally grant too much time like 8 hours or later want to revoke some of the extended time, for example if he hasn't done his chores. A simple manual "pause" feature...
  5. Microsoft Family - One-time time extension vs request time

Microsoft Family - One-time time extension vs request time: I really like using screen time limits to manage how much time my kids are spending on the computer. Rather than giving them time every day, we use a system where kids earn time to use the computer for completing chores and other tasks, then we grant time as a reward....
  6. Microsoft mouse scrolling too fast/too slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft mouse scrolling too fast/too slow: I'm using Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop combo and after almost every restart, the mouse scrolling speed using scroll wheel get screwed up. It's either too fast or too slow, depending on the previous adjustment. Only adjustment through Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center...
  7. Family Safety Screen Time Limits: Setting Custom Extension Times

Family Safety Screen Time Limits: Setting Custom Extension Times: Our family uses Family Safety to limit screen time. We block access at all times so that we have to authorize screen time any time my son wants to use the PC. When we give him permission to watch we have options like 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours, etc.. When he runs...
  8. Microsoft Family Time Extension Requests not sending to both parents

Microsoft Family Time Extension Requests not sending to both parents: Both of the children have Microsoft Family settings on their computers. Both of the children keep running out of time and ask for time extensions. Thanks COVID-19 virtual learning! The request is sent by email and screen notification to my husband. I USED to get these...
  9. Pi hole breaks Microsoft Family Screen Time Limit time extension requests

Pi hole breaks Microsoft Family Screen Time Limit time extension requests: I recently installed a raspberry pi with pi hole in my network which is great for removing ads. Unfortunately, it also breaks the Microsoft family functionality. I think there are multiple things broken, but the first thing I'd like to fix is to allow my kids to request...
  10. Microsoft Family Screen Time

Microsoft Family Screen Time: My child keeps getting time restriction messages on their computer. I have removed all restrictions and it will not update. This is very frustrating. Is there a solution? The "Device Limits" are completely off. There aren't any "Content Restrictions" set. I use Netnanny for...