Windows 10: Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser

Discus and support Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've attempted to set usage restrictions and time limits on Avast Secure Browser using Microsoft Family settings on my child's laptop, but they're not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ahmet Ucar, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser

I've attempted to set usage restrictions and time limits on Avast Secure Browser using Microsoft Family settings on my child's laptop, but they're not effective. She's using this browser as an alternative to bypass the parental controls on Edge. Despite Microsoft Family's inability to enforce these limits on Avast Browser, the blocked applications list shows seven entries for Avast Secure Browser marked as "Locked." However, this clearly isn't the case. Can you explain why these restrictions aren't functioning with Avast Browser?I have provided feedback to the Microsoft team, and I h

:)

Ahmet Ucar, Apr 22, 2024

2. Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser

I've attempted to set usage restrictions and time limits on Avast Secure Browser using Microsoft Family settings on my child's laptop, but they're not effective. She's using this browser as an alternative to bypass the parental controls on Edge. Despite Microsoft Family's inability to enforce these limits on Avast Browser, the blocked applications list shows seven entries for Avast Secure Browser marked as "Locked." However, this clearly isn't the case. Can you explain why these restrictions aren't functioning with Avast Browser?

I have provided feedback to the Microsoft team, and I have seen the same question asked years ago by multiple users, too. I am astonished to see all these "regular" kids outsmarting the highly educated and well-paid army of proud Microsoft engineers.

Ahmet Ucar, Apr 23, 2024
  3. SalomehJ Win User
    Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

It doesn't seem work at all actually!

I put www.youtube.com on blocking list but still working on Firefox browser!

please help me!

SalomehJ, Apr 23, 2024
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser

Windows 10 Family Safety is blocking my browser!!!

Can you confirm if you are out of the Family Safety feature on your parent's account on this
    link? If you've confirmed that you're no longer on the list of monitored child accounts, we suggest deleting the Family Safety folder. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key + E on your keyboard.
    • On the address bar, type this address C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press
      Enter.
    • Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Restart and see if the issue is resolved.

Let us know how it went for you.

Ian Ser, Apr 23, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser

1. Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family Safety

2. Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser: I've attempted to set usage restrictions and time limits on Avast Secure Browser using Microsoft Family settings on my child's laptop, but they're not effective. She's using this browser as an alternative to bypass the parental controls on Edge. Despite Microsoft Family's...
  3. Admin blocked in Avast Secure Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin blocked in Avast Secure Browser: How come when i try and get on the app Avast Secure Browser now it wants to say that the admin has blocked it. But this app has been on here since i got it and now i cant submit my last bit of work??[Original Title: admin blocked]...
  4. Admin blocked in Avast Secure Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin blocked in Avast Secure Browser: How come when i try and get on the app Avast Secure Browser now it wants to say that the admin has blocked it. But this app has been on here since i got it and now i cant submit my last bit of work??[Original Title: admin blocked]...
  5. Admin blocked in Avast Secure Browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked: Microsoft Family, by default, includes a large number of browsers that are deactivated. This is helpful in that it allows for easy monitoring of traffic on the approved browser Edge that I can monitor on my children's accounts. This is to report a package--AMD Radeon...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety - Blocking Websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety - Blocking Websites: Hi, When I enter in websites to block on my son's profile, these sites are not being blocked, per the browser history. What am I doing wrong? Here is a screenshot of the web browsing portion of the Microsoft Family Safety settings. [ATTACH]...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety not blocking websites properly

Microsoft Family Safety not blocking websites properly: We use Microsoft Family Safety settings for our son. Recently we noticed that some of the websites we thought were blocked are accessible when he is logged in to his account. Previously the block was working. When I go to visit his activity, the most recent date I can see...
  9. Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.: Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list. It doesn't seem work at all actually! I put www.youtube.com on blocking list but still working on Firefox browser! please help me!...
  10. Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites

Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites: Windows 10, up to date. Microsoft Edge downloaded. I have an account set up for my 10 year old. Microsoft Family Safety is enabled. I have 8 websites allowed. "Only Allow These Websites" is enabled. "Block Inappropriate Websites" is enabled. When logged in to her account on...