Windows 10: Microsoft Family keeps asking me to approve application for my child even though I turned...

Discus and support Microsoft Family keeps asking me to approve application for my child even though I turned... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have kids profiles and one of them works fine they can play any app and the other keeps asking me for permissions to open the app Even though both... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mmkk20157, Feb 3, 2024.

1. mmkk20157 Win User

Microsoft Family keeps asking me to approve application for my child even though I turned...

I have kids profiles and one of them works fine they can play any app and the other keeps asking me for permissions to open the app Even though both profiles are the same

:)

mmkk20157, Feb 3, 2024

2. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 3, 2024
  3. Child option not present in Windows 10 Family Safety

Hi George,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you trying these steps in admin account or a local account?
    The steps given in the link ahs to be performed in the Website and a invite has to sent from the web and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the link and check the Add a child account to your family and check
    if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 3, 2024
  4. Amaira M Win User

Microsoft Family keeps asking me to approve application for my child even though I turned...

Unable to remove child account from Family

Thanks Elise. Your suggestion worked. I contacted live chat option via "Get Help" app.

Just for others who read this in future I had performed the following steps to solve the issue.

1. Log into Microsoft Family Safety
    2. Select 3 dots on the top right of child's card & select "Remove consent for this child's account"
    3. It then warns, "You are about to remove parental consent for this child. They will no longer have permissions to access certain Microsoft sites and services."
    4. Click on "Remove consent" button
    5. Go back to Microsoft Family Safety home page. Wait for few seconds for settings to reflect. The child account will disappear from family home page.

Amaira M, Feb 3, 2024
Thema:

1. Microsoft Family keeps asking me to approve application for my child even though I turned... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Family keeps

2. cant get into the naplan test, keeps asking for family approval even when i have disabled it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant get into the naplan test, keeps asking for family approval even when i have disabled it: cant get into the naplan test, keeps asking for family approval even when i have disabled it.I even logged in with my adult profile and it still asks for permission.The test is in 2 days i need immediate help...
  3. cant get into the naplan test, keeps asking for family approval even when i have disabled it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant get into the naplan test, keeps asking for family approval even when i have disabled it: cant get into the naplan test, keeps asking for family approval even when i have disabled it.I even logged in with my adult profile and it still asks for permission.The test is in 2 days i need immediate help...
  4. Microsoft Family keeps asking me to approve application for my child even though I turned...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family keeps asking me to approve application for my child even though I turned...: I have kids profiles and one of them works fine they can play any app and the other keeps asking me for permissions to open the app Even though both profiles are the same...
  5. Microsoft Family keeps asking me to approve application for my child even though I turned...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family keeps asking me to approve application for my child even though I turned...: I have kids profiles and one of them works fine they can play any app and the other keeps asking me for permissions to open the app Even though both profiles are the same...
  6. I'm not in a Microsoft Family Group but applications are still requiring me to ask a family...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I'm not in a Microsoft Family Group but applications are still requiring me to ask a family...: I factory reset my PC recently and have reinstalled a few of my old applications, including Sea of Thieves. Now that these are installed, Sea of Thieves is requiring me to "Ask an adult in my family if I can use it" Though, upon checking Microsoft Family Features, I'm not in...
  7. Approval for my child to use Firefox does not work in family

Approval for my child to use Firefox does not work in family: My daughter has a new laptop and has used firefox on it since yesterday. Today then a window popped up with the request to ask permission to use the app from an adult. I followed the procedure 5 times, and my husband 3 times but it still does not work. We restarted the...
  8. computer keeps asking for password to login even though I turned it off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer keeps asking for password to login even though I turned it off: I am at a complete loss. I am the only person who uses my computer. I don't want to have to put in a pin or password when I turn my computer on. I have changed the settings to no password. I have gone to netplwz and reset it there to not ask for a password. And yet...it asks...
  9. Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval

Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval: Tried to download Chrome then Firefox to see if permissions worked so that each child can use different browser for learning driving me mad keep asking for passwords. Both asked for permissions from an adult to use which I clicked - then approved both on my own laptop both...
  10. Turn On or Off Ask a Parent for Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ask a Parent for Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: Turn On or Off Ask a Parent for Microsoft Family Child Member How to Turn On or Off Ask a Parent before buying stuff in Microsoft Store for Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you...