Windows 10: Microsoft family feautures won't allow me to play minecraft even though it is allowed

Discus and support Microsoft family feautures won't allow me to play minecraft even though it is allowed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Even though minecraft has been allowed by me parent it still won't let me access it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MinuteMatthew42, Sep 10, 2023.

1. Microsoft family feautures won't allow me to play minecraft even though it is allowed

Even though minecraft has been allowed by me parent it still won't let me access it.

:)

MinuteMatthew42, Sep 10, 2023

2. Allow Child to play Minecraft with Family Win10

How can I let my child play Minecraft using using their child account setup using Microsoft Family.

I have purchased, downloaded, and installed Minecraft using my (parent) account. Its through my Xbox username.

We do not own a XBox console. Not sure if that matters.

Minecraft is not available under my child's Microsoft account. I don't even see options to allow it in Microsoft Family.

Has anybody successfully set this up for their child?

CoderCodingCode, Sep 10, 2023
  3. Minecraft asking permission for parental access after giving always allow access

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that Minecraft keeps asking for permission even after providing always allow access. Let’s try some steps to fix the issue.

Method 1:

Change the age rating for the allowed apps. As Minecraft game is allowed for 10+ aged users.

1. Open
      https://account.microsoft.com/family/
      on the browser.
    2. Now click on Already set up? Sign in now> option.
    3. Login with the parent account.
    4. Now under the child account click on
      Content restrictions.
    5. Under allow apps and games rated for change the drop down option to a higher age.

Method 2:

Remove the app from always allowed list and add again. Refer the article

Block inappropriate apps, games, and media on Windows 10 and Xbox One

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 10, 2023
  4. Microsoft family feautures won't allow me to play minecraft even though it is allowed

Minecraft purchase in Windows Store not allowing install on second family user / second computer.

Hi,

Digital game licenses are associated to the Microsoft account used to purchase the game. To download and install the game on the child account, you'll need to sign in to the Windows 10 PC using the child's profile, and then sign in to the Windows Store app
    using the parent account. Here are the steps:

• On the Windows 10 PC, sign in using the child's account, and then launch Windows Store.
    • At the upper part beside the Search box, click the account picture.
    • Click the profile, and then click Sign out.
    • Click again the user icon next to the search box, and then click Sign in.
    • Select Microsoft account.
    • Enter the email address and password of the parent account.
    • Click Sign in.
    • Install the game.
    After installing the game, restart the device so that the changes can take effect. Sign in using the child's profile on Windows 10. Access the game and see if it works.

If the child account can't access the game, we suggest checking the privacy settings of the child account. See Set up
    family features on Windows 10
    for the steps. You'll need to allow the profile to play the game online.

We also recommend checking if the child account is set to allow apps and games. To do so, kindly sign in to this

link
    using the parent account. See if Block inappropriate apps and games is off.

Check out
    Set the right limits for your child
    . The steps on that page will guide you on the appropriate settings you can use.

We're looking forward to get this issue resolved.

We'll be waiting for your update regarding the status of this issue.

Catherine Cus., Sep 10, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft family feautures won't allow me to play minecraft even though it is allowed

1. Microsoft family feautures won't allow me to play minecraft even though it is allowed - Similar Threads - Microsoft family feautures

2. Microsoft family feautures won't allow me to play minecraft even though it is allowed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft family feautures won't allow me to play minecraft even though it is allowed: Even though minecraft has been allowed by me parent it still won't let me access it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-feautures-wont-allow-me-to-play/bc440ef5-45e2-447f-96f2-d59d38796498
  3. Won't allow me to play my game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't allow me to play my game: I Hi Can't provide a photo but whenever I try to Start my game "Dark and Darker" It consistently Tells me I don't have the "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime" and I'm at a loss because I recently download the Current C++ "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable 86x" Yet...
  4. Won't allow me to play my game

Won't allow me to play my game: I Hi Can't provide a photo but whenever I try to Start my game "Dark and Darker" It consistently Tells me I don't have the "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime" and I'm at a loss because I recently download the Current C++ "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable 86x" Yet...
  5. pop-up microsoft family won't allow me to use apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pop-up microsoft family won't allow me to use apps: Every time I open my laptop, I get a pop-up notification from microsoft family to ask for permission to use certain applications. This notification prevents me from using apps, so I can't work properly on my laptop. We have tried deleting my account from the microsoft family,...
  6. pop-up microsoft family won't allow me to use apps

pop-up microsoft family won't allow me to use apps: Every time I open my laptop, I get a pop-up notification from microsoft family to ask for permission to use certain applications. This notification prevents me from using apps, so I can't work properly on my laptop. We have tried deleting my account from the microsoft family,...
  7. MInecraft will not allow me to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MInecraft will not allow me to download: As of now i got a new PC and is trying to redownload Minecraft but as i try i get this message Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001But I am...
  8. MInecraft will not allow me to download

MInecraft will not allow me to download: As of now i got a new PC and is trying to redownload Minecraft but as i try i get this message Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001But I am...
  9. Microsoft won't allow me to add a family member

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft won't allow me to add a family member: Hi Microsoft wont allow me to add a family member. I bought and set up a Family Microsoft 365 account for us to share and use Office. My daughter was added instantly. My son keeps getting a "Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page...
  10. Allow Child to play Minecraft with Family Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allow Child to play Minecraft with Family Win10: How can I let my child play Minecraft using using their child account setup using Microsoft Family. I have purchased, downloaded, and installed Minecraft using my (parent) account. Its through my Xbox username. We do not own a XBox console. Not sure if that matters....