Windows 10: Microsoft dilemma

Discus and support Microsoft dilemma in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; A while back, I deleted my hotmail acct. not realizing it was tied to my laptop log on. It is an old 2010 Dell XPS that was running Windows 7 that I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LG1605, Feb 9, 2022.

  1. LG1605 Win User

    Microsoft dilemma


    A while back, I deleted my hotmail acct. not realizing it was tied to my laptop log on. It is an old 2010 Dell XPS that was running Windows 7 that I upgraded to Windows 10! I recently got a notice that it was no longer a valid email so I created a new hotmail acct and password. I now cannot log in to my computer as it says password invalid. I have been in a loop of trying to reset, getting a security code to do so etc. I am now totally locked out as I believe it isnt recognizing the new email/password. I am the only one to use this laptop and it has my life on it. Help!

    :)
     
    LG1605, Feb 9, 2022
    #1

  2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region


    I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

    Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

    1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

    1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.
     
    hurricane51, Feb 9, 2022
    #2
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

    After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

    For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

    1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

    2. Type internet options

    3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

    4. Click on the advanced tab

    5. Scroll down to the security section

    6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

    7. Click apply

    8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

    Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.
     
    curatia, Feb 9, 2022
    #3
  4. Microsoft dilemma

    1TB Storage Dilemma

    Hey all. I am looking into upgrading my drives. I was going to buy a Caviar Black for my OS and use a WD Green for junk but I also looked at the Spinpoint F3 and thought for the price it sure looks like a good drive.

    So my dilemma is, should I pair the Caviar Black with a F3 or a Green?

    Any suggestions?
     
    guitarfreaknation, Feb 9, 2022
    #4
Thema:

Microsoft dilemma

Loading...
  1. Microsoft dilemma - Similar Threads - Microsoft dilemma

  2. Microsoft Tests a New Windows 11 Search That Can Toggle Settings and Snap Windows From the...

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Tests a New Windows 11 Search That Can Toggle Settings and Snap Windows From the...: Microsoft has started rolling out a redesigned Windows Search experience to Windows Insiders that can carry out actions, such as switching to dark mode or snapping windows, directly from the search box on the taskbar in Windows 11. The company announced the change in a...
  3. Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 KB5124010 Crashes Games and Apps That Use Dolby Digital Audio

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 KB5124010 Crashes Games and Apps That Use Dolby Digital Audio: Microsoft has confirmed that KB5124010, the September 22, 2026 preview update for Windows 11, can crash some games, media players, and productivity applications that rely on AC-3 (Dolby Digital) audio decoding. The company added the known issue to the Windows release health...
  4. How to downgrade Microsoft Edge in Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    How to downgrade Microsoft Edge in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Browser updates usually include security fixes, performance improvements, and new features. However, sometimes a new version can cause compatibility issues or disrupt your browsing experience. In such cases, you may need to temporarily roll back the browser to an...
  5. Microsoft Ends Snapdragon 850 Support in Windows 11 After Version 26H2

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Ends Snapdragon 850 Support in Windows 11 After Version 26H2: Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 11 version 26H2 is the last release of Windows 11 that will support PCs powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 850 processor. The company added the notice to the Windows 11 Home and Pro page on its lifecycle website, which now states that...
  6. Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package: Microsoft has released the Windows 11 2026 Update, also known as Windows 11 version 26H2, as announced on September 29 in a Windows Experience Blog post by John Cable, Vice President of Product Management for Windows Servicing and Delivery. The update is available now for...
  7. Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices: Microsoft has confirmed that recent Windows 11 updates can leave some devices on a black screen after sign-in, with the desktop session failing to load, according to a new entry on the Windows release health dashboard. The issue affects Windows 11 versions 24H2, 25H2, and...
  8. Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019: Microsoft has paused the rollout of KB5002907, an optional update for out-of-date Microsoft 365 Apps installations, after reports that it deactivated or, in some cases, completely removed perpetual Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 2019 installations on Windows PCs. The...
  9. Microsoft dilemma

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft dilemma: A while back, I deleted my hotmail acct. not realizing it was tied to my laptop log on. It is an old 2010 Dell XPS that was running Windows 7 that I upgraded to Windows 10! I recently got a notice that it was no longer a valid email so I created a new hotmail acct and...
  10. Microsoft dilemma

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft dilemma: A while back, I deleted my hotmail acct. not realizing it was tied to my laptop log on. It is an old 2010 Dell XPS that was running Windows 7 that I upgraded to Windows 10! I recently got a notice that it was no longer a valid email so I created a new hotmail acct and...