Windows 10: Microsoft Authenticator App - Endless Loop Asking For Code

Discus and support Microsoft Authenticator App - Endless Loop Asking For Code in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,I am going mad.I need to set up the Authenticator App on my Android phone, to allow me to sign into a Microsoft account, but I cant set up the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarkBachelor, May 29, 2024.

1. Microsoft Authenticator App - Endless Loop Asking For Code

Hi,I am going mad.I need to set up the Authenticator App on my Android phone, to allow me to sign into a Microsoft account, but I cant set up the Authenticator app without a code from the Authenticator app...........Therefore, it is impossible to set up!This means I cannot log into the Microsoft account to change any settings.There must be a way around this. The only other option I have is to "Approve Request on my Microsoft Authenticator app", but of course I cant so this. The only options I have are to use the Authenticator app.I have seen there are a few previous posts about this, but non

:)

MarkBachelor, May 29, 2024
  2. MrTagaria Win User

Why is Microsoft Authenticator Stuck in a Login Loop?

I'm having trouble signing in to my Microsoft account using Microsoft Authenticator on Windows 10. I also use Microsoft Authenticator on my Android phone.

Here's what's happening:

1. When I attempt to log in, I receive a message that says, "We'll send a sign-in request to your phone to sign in with my email address."
    2. I click the "send notification" button on my computer.
    3. On my phone, I'm asked to tap the number displayed on my computer screen to sign in without a password. I do this, and it confirms the number I selected on my phone is correct.
    4. However, back on my computer, I get stuck in a loop with the message, "We'll send a sign-in request to your phone to sign in with my email address." This cycle keeps repeating, and I can't log in.
    It's worth noting that I can sign in to my account on Windows 10 and my Outlook account without any issues. I'm specifically having this problem with Microsoft Authenticator.

In summary, Microsoft Authenticator is stuck in a continuous loop, preventing me from logging in.

I've attempted several fixes

1. Reinstalled the app.
    2. Reset my phone.
    3. Logged out and back into the Authenticator app on my phone.
    4. Reset my computer.
    5. Removed the two-step authenticator from my Microsoft account and then re-enabled it.
    The picture underneath is what I get in a loop.

Microsoft Authenticator App - Endless Loop Asking For Code mGwVIhDgycRzuABfNsFW8%2fiwxG3h16o7eRP0HfIdz%2boJyYl5B9aqnfer%2bp2rKAMH90tYt3oa2kNlDsWAVugUsrA%3d.png

MrTagaria, May 29, 2024
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Redirecting

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, May 29, 2024
  4. meagannnn Win User

Microsoft Authenticator App - Endless Loop Asking For Code

Microsoft Authenticator App Verification Loop

I've been having this same issue for about two weeks. The exact same situation where I'm stuck in a loop. The most infuriating part is that the Authenticator App itself asks me to log in using the Authenticator App. Literally, I'm using the app and it's telling me to use the app.

It also says to send a code to a phone number, but the phone number on file is old and no longer receives messages. I can't change the number without logging into my account. Thus, the cycle continues.

Please, someone help. My employers said they can't fix it on their end.

meagannnn, May 29, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft Authenticator App - Endless Loop Asking For Code

1. Microsoft Authenticator App - Endless Loop Asking For Code - Similar Threads - Microsoft Authenticator App

2. microsoft authenticator loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft authenticator loop: i need urgent assistance related to this, how can i log in again to microsoft authenticator app, it is asking to approve on autheenticator app , but i dont have app...
  3. microsoft authenticator loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft authenticator loop: i need urgent assistance related to this, how can i log in again to microsoft authenticator app, it is asking to approve on autheenticator app , but i dont have app...
  4. microsoft authenticator loop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Microsoft Authenticator App - Endless Loop Asking For Code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator App - Endless Loop Asking For Code: Hi,I am going mad.I need to set up the Authenticator App on my Android phone, to allow me to sign into a Microsoft account, but I cant set up the Authenticator app without a code from the Authenticator app...........Therefore, it is impossible to set up!This means I cannot...
  6. Microsoft Authenticator App - Endless Loop Asking For Code

Microsoft Authenticator App - Endless Loop Asking For Code: Hi,I am going mad.I need to set up the Authenticator App on my Android phone, to allow me to sign into a Microsoft account, but I cant set up the Authenticator app without a code from the Authenticator app...........Therefore, it is impossible to set up!This means I cannot...
  7. Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...

Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...: So first of all... Why is "microsoft Authenticator" not an option in the "Products" dropdown when choosing where this post should go? I'm just going to choose "Windows"... Sorry not sorry.Also, I can't take a screenshot on the microsoft Authenticator app without it capturing...
  8. Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...: So first of all... Why is "microsoft Authenticator" not an option in the "Products" dropdown when choosing where this post should go? I'm just going to choose "Windows"... Sorry not sorry.Also, I can't take a screenshot on the microsoft Authenticator app without it capturing...
  9. Microsoft Authenticator Loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Authenticator Loop: I use Microsoft Authenticator for work purposes.I got a new phone, redownloaded Microsoft Authenticator, went to sign in, and then the app asks me to use the Authenticator App to sign in to the Authenticator app. Which obviously I can not do.We use Modern Authentication to...
  10. Microsoft Authenticator asking for a QR Code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Authenticator asking for a QR Code: Hello, I am trying to activate Microsoft Authenticator on my phone and when I go to add a school or google mail account I am asked to enter a QR code instead of being asked for the email address and password combination....