Windows 10: Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus

Discus and support Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Microsoft send alert my computer is locked up by a virus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stanley Phillips1, May 7, 2024.

1. Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus

Microsoft send alert my computer is locked up by a virus

:)

Stanley Phillips1, May 7, 2024

2. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

Computer is locked with MicroSoft security alert. I have Chrome OS. I tried control shift escape but nothing happened. It didn't open task manager. The number to call listed as 877 570 7676. Lots of flashing.. and voice encouraging me to not shut down, etc. How do I get out of this? I don't use any Windows

Linda Lee2, May 7, 2024
  3. Fabler2 Win User
    Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

Check that the tab it starts with is unpinned. When that site opens click the lock icon in address bar and block notifications. Just some suggestions.

Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus 277586d1588679838t-fake-virus-alert-popups-edge-browser-screenshot_8.png

Fabler2, May 7, 2024
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus

Virus alert from microsoft edge

Hello jodemo,

The alert you received about virus is a common scam. We suggest that you close Microsoft Edge immediately. Make sure not to restore the sessions when you reopen Microsoft Edge.

In addition, we highly recommend you to follow the steps provided by Bruce Hagen MVP on this
    thread link.

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, May 7, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus

1. Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus - Similar Threads - Microsoft alert saying

2. Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus: Microsoft send alert my computer is locked up by a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-alert-saying-my-computer-is-locked-due/c4f1b176-1ffc-4e68-8264-2703dc524dca
  3. Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft alert saying my computer is locked due to a virus: Microsoft send alert my computer is locked up by a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-alert-saying-my-computer-is-locked-due/c4f1b176-1ffc-4e68-8264-2703dc524dca
  4. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.: Computer is locked with MicroSoft security alert. I have Chrome OS. I tried control shift escape but nothing happened. It didn't open task manager. The number to call listed as 877 570 7676. Lots of flashing.. and voice encouraging me to not shut down, etc. How do I get out...
  5. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.: Computer is locked with MicroSoft security alert. I have Chrome OS. I tried control shift escape but nothing happened. It didn't open task manager. The number to call listed as 877 570 7676. Lots of flashing.. and voice encouraging me to not shut down, etc. How do I get out...
  6. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

7. My computer is claimed locked by Microsoft now due to virus and asked me to call...

My computer is claimed locked by Microsoft now due to virus and asked me to call...: Please see the title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-claimed-locked-by-microsoft-now-due/8cad093f-ffd2-4d47-b430-59d4e40fe015
  8. My computer is claimed locked by Microsoft now due to virus and asked me to call...

My computer is claimed locked by Microsoft now due to virus and asked me to call...: Please see the title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-claimed-locked-by-microsoft-now-due/8cad093f-ffd2-4d47-b430-59d4e40fe015
  9. Microsoft Virus Alert

Microsoft Virus Alert: I just got a Microsoft Virus Alert when I went into Microsoft Edge / Yahoo. The alert says my computer was locked. It gave a toll free number to call and Indian answered the phone immediately. I hung up. Any suggestions?...
  10. Virus warning says computer is locked

Virus warning says computer is locked: Split from this thread. I got a virus it say your computer has been lock up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-warning-says-computer-is-locked/2c3a1bbf-ea9c-4adc-806a-9de10fc3e609