Windows 10: Microsoft account not syncing with the Windows account.

Discus and support Microsoft account not syncing with the Windows account. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been having sync issues with my Microsoft and Windows accounts for a few months after I installed MS 365 Family. First MS 365 family started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Julyo30, Sep 4, 2024.

1. Julyo30 Win User

Microsoft account not syncing with the Windows account.

I have been having sync issues with my Microsoft and Windows accounts for a few months after I installed MS 365 Family. First MS 365 family started showing me a sign-in error and did not recognize my credentials every time I entered them. I would get the following window Figures 1 and 2 where I would enter my credentials and then immediately it would ask for them again, infinitely. I uninstalled MS 365, and the first thing I noticed was that the user image of my MS online account was synchronized on my laptop, then I followed some steps that I read on this same Microsoft site to regain acces

:)

Julyo30, Sep 4, 2024
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Microsoft account not syncing with the Windows account. :(

Zakin, Sep 4, 2024
  3. Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Sep 4, 2024
  4. silkstone Win User

Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

I was thinking of doing that, but it will be a PITA setting everything up on the 2nd account again. I might go that way and just spend the time getting the account in order.

The problem is, I would need to switch at the start of every day. Extra reset and waiting for the settings to be applied etc. Also, I'm not sure whether one drive would be maintained after switching back to a local account. I wouldn't want to have to re-sync every time I logged in. I may have to do some testing to see if onedrive is maintained after switching back to a local account.

silkstone, Sep 4, 2024
Thema:

1. Microsoft account not syncing with the Windows account. - Similar Threads - Microsoft account syncing

2. Microsoft account not syncing with the Windows account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account not syncing with the Windows account.: I have been having sync issues with my Microsoft and Windows accounts for a few months after I installed MS 365 Family. First MS 365 family started showing me a sign-in error and did not recognize my credentials every time I entered them. I would get the following window...
  3. Microsoft account not syncing with the Windows account.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft account not syncing with the Windows account.: I have been having sync issues with my Microsoft and Windows accounts for a few months after I installed MS 365 Family. First MS 365 family started showing me a sign-in error and did not recognize my credentials every time I entered them. I would get the following window...
  4. Microsoft Account not Syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account not Syncing: Since Microsoft has taken down the account troubleshooter, is there anything else to use? My account is not syncing between devices. Am using Windows 10.Have tried to turn sync settings on and off, verified the account, edit the registry keys, run sfc /scan now, DISM /online...
  5. Microsoft account not syncing with my Minecraft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account not syncing with my Minecraft account: Ive recently installed Minecraft Windows 10 from Amazon with a giftcard. As soon as it was downloaded from Microsoft Store I opened it and tried signing in. When I press sign and save to Microsoft Account the message, "We tried to sign into your Microsoft Account, but...
  6. Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?: So, something a bit odd happened today: I tried signing in as usual, but a message (I didn't really get to read it fully) that went something like "unable to sign in to your Microsoft account" popped up, and all my stuff was gone. Background reset, default browser reset, etc....
  7. Local Account Syncing to wrong Microsoft Account

Local Account Syncing to wrong Microsoft Account: Hi, I have a situation where I log on to my Laptop using the local account for the laptop but once logged in the account is linked to my child's Microsoft account. If I go to settings the info has the local username and under it my childs Microsoft account. Surely there is...
  8. Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account

Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account: I have one Microsoft account for School and one for personal usage (using multiple devices). How do I sync both accounts like, edge browsing history-favourites, windows personalize settings, etc.?...
  9. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: Hi Everyone I have just discovered the sync settings in Windows 10 and found out about how I can sync my settings and themes (which I am particularly interested in) I had the settings enabled with my computer and surface also with my existing Microsoft account signed in...
  10. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: I have often wondered what happens when you upgrade Windows with regards to syncing settings etc. For Windows 10 I don't want to find that I am syncing settings from older versions of Windows or from Windows 10 beta. So how do I ensure that for the first install of...