Windows 10: microphone hearing what im hearing 6 ft apart

Discus and support microphone hearing what im hearing 6 ft apart in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; okay so i went to use a headset and i realised that people can hear what im hearing so i bring out a new microphone plug it in and use it but still use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zmepeOnYt, Jan 25, 2024.

1. zmepeOnYt Win User

microphone hearing what im hearing 6 ft apart

okay so i went to use a headset and i realised that people can hear what im hearing so i bring out a new microphone plug it in and use it but still use my headphones so the other microphnoe is 6 ft apart from me and THEY CAN STILL HEAR WHAT IM HEARING how do i fix

:)

zmepeOnYt, Jan 25, 2024
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Having to unplug microphone to hear playback.

Hi Mark,

There are several audio inputs on your PC depending on your motherboard. It is possible that you are plugging your
    microphone in the jack which supports audio in and audio out (same as phone jacks) and is set as your playback device. When this happens, you will not hear the audio out because the audio signal is sent into the microphone. Simply unplug your
    microphone and move it to the microphone jack and you will be able to hear the playback sound.

microphone hearing what im hearing 6 ft apart 44720e62-c33b-4f4d-b705-c801612e7c5e.png

If you are sure that your microphone is connected to the microphone jack, it is possible that your playback device is being disabled by your microphone. To enable/change your playback device, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Volume icon on the lower-left corner of your screen.
    • Click Playback devices, right-click your speaker (or any preferred playback device), and click Enable.

Note: If you cannot see your preferred playback device, right-click on your current playback device and click
      Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jan 25, 2024
  3. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

Cortana can't hear me - Microsoft Support

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 25, 2024
  4. microphone hearing what im hearing 6 ft apart

Unable to hear other players microphones

I dont have a microphone plugged in

LessWharf5828, Jan 25, 2024
Thema:

microphone hearing what im hearing 6 ft apart

1. microphone hearing what im hearing 6 ft apart - Similar Threads - microphone hearing hearing

2. microphone hearing what im hearing 6 ft apart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone hearing what im hearing 6 ft apart: okay so i went to use a headset and i realised that people can hear what im hearing so i bring out a new microphone plug it in and use it but still use my headphones so the other microphnoe is 6 ft apart from me and THEY CAN STILL HEAR WHAT IM HEARING how do i fix...
  3. Cant hear on my laptop microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant hear on my laptop microphone: Trying to use my laptop microphone but I cant hear anything on it. How do I use it or is it totally not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-on-my-laptop-microphone/7bae0dc7-da4b-480e-a271-1fa94b187f28
  4. Cant hear on my laptop microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant hear on my laptop microphone: Trying to use my laptop microphone but I cant hear anything on it. How do I use it or is it totally not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-on-my-laptop-microphone/7bae0dc7-da4b-480e-a271-1fa94b187f28
  5. microphone too low to hear

microphone too low to hear: My microphone voice output is very low I tried everything I saw on the internet but it's still the same.It works fine in google meet and WhatsApp calls but the voice would be low again in Teams and Voice recorder. All my drivers are up to date and I even tried reinstalling...
  6. Cant hear myself with external microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant hear myself with external microphone: I have a blue yeti nano microphone that i plug my headphones into. I like being able to hear myself speak, so I keep my input sound at around 30%. All of a sudden I cannot hear myself. Other people can still hear me, but I dont know what to do. I've restarted my pc, reset the...
  7. Microphone detected but can't hear it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected but can't hear it.: My microphone is detected but I can't hear it. I have tested the mic with both my Sound Blaster X-AE5 PCI sound card and the motherboard integrated audio. In control panel/Sound/Recording the microphone has a green tick (detected) but no green bars register when speaking into...
  8. Microphone Hearing my own voice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Hearing my own voice: I would like to know how to hear my own voice with no delay, i have an Astro A10 headset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-hearing-my-own-voice/660faad0-306f-44b5-9bd3-210909266933
  9. Unable to hear other players microphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to hear other players microphones: I can see the voice icon for their microphones but I cant hear them and I'm seeing an icon that might mean that its muted and possbly cant get unmuted. I hope there is a fix for this issue....
  10. Skype cannot hear my microphone

Skype cannot hear my microphone: When I try to make a call on Skype I can hear the other person but they cannot hear me. If I open sound in the control panel and go tho recording it shows on the RHS that my computer is haring my microphone and registers up to the highest bar so has plenty of volume but...