Windows 10: Microphone apps using microphone

Discus and support Microphone apps using microphone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Quick question, should these windows programs be using my mic? Windows 10, checked install path for all of these and they are all system32... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/burnertt0814, Jun 17, 2024.

1. Microphone apps using microphone

Microphone apps using microphone 69pjylhrz87d1.jpg

Quick question, should these windows programs be using my mic? Windows 10, checked install path for all of these and they are all system32 in c drive: Host Process for windows services Windows host process (RunDll32) Scripted diagnostics Native Host

Thanks!

submitted by /u/burnertt0814
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/burnertt0814, Jun 17, 2024
  2. rayaan Win User

Limit microphone access

How do I limit an app's access to my microphone if that app is not even on the list of apps that are allowed to use the microphone but uses it anyway?

rayaan, Jun 17, 2024
  3. Headset/Microphone background reduction; suggestions

There's a solution to this out there, but I cannot pinpoint the right search terminology to get accurate results.

When I speak into my microphone, whatever sound is being sent into my headphones, is also directly sent to the microphone and outputted upon transmit.

This means that it's not a case of the sound coming out of the headphones, then travelling to the microphone, it's actually going straight to the microphone instead.

All I've come up with so far, is a suggestion to mute the microphone input via Windows. Though that seems to render the microphone useless.

newconroer, Jun 17, 2024
  4. David-M. Win User

Microphone apps using microphone

Microphone

Hi ClashRoyale6789.

I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.

Check the microphone privacy settings.

1. Press "Windows + I" and select "Privacy & security > Microphone";

2. Make sure "Microphone access" is turned on;

3. Look for affected apps and see if the microphone access is allowed;

(These apps will only be on the list if they were installed using the Microsoft Store. If they were not installed using the Microsoft Store, see step 4)

4. At the end of the list, see if "Let desktop apps access your microphone" is turned on.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions.

David-M., Jun 17, 2024
Thema:

Microphone apps using microphone

1. Microphone apps using microphone - Similar Threads - Microphone apps using

2. Problem with allowing apps to use microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with allowing apps to use microphone: Hi, I'm having a problem with allowing my apps to use my microphone. I might have found the solution but its not working as the switch to turn it on is locked. Here is a screenshot: The button is a bit faint and clicking on it wont change anything. How can I solve this?...
  3. Problem with allowing apps to use microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with allowing apps to use microphone: Hi, I'm having a problem with allowing my apps to use my microphone. I might have found the solution but its not working as the switch to turn it on is locked. Here is a screenshot: The button is a bit faint and clicking on it wont change anything. How can I solve this?...
  4. Problem with allowing apps to use microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Your Phone app using cell phone microphone instead of PC microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone app using cell phone microphone instead of PC microphone: Using the Your Phone app on my laptop - When placing/receiving calls, the audio comes through my PC speakers, however the app is using my cell phone's microphone instead of either my laptops internal microphone, or my Blue Snowball mic which works on every other app I have...
  6. Allow apps to use my microphone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps to use my microphone: Hi Premiere pro is not showing in my list of allow apps to use my microphone. So I'm not able to use my Blue Yeti in premiere pro. Is there any way an app can be added to this list....
  7. Microphone is used by svchost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is used by svchost: [ATTACH] Whenever i try to use my microphone it gets taken over by svchost.exe and it doesn't allow me to use it i can't make a video call with sound, record, etc...
  8. unknown app using microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    unknown app using microphone: A short time ago my noticed every noise I made when on or near my HP desktop started echoing from my speaker, and often gives a shrill whining or whistle. I have a microphone icon on my taskbar and it say 1 app is using my microphone. I turned off all microphone permission,...
  9. Unable to use Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to use Microphone: Hii There, Hope You're doing well I just purchased a new cheap mic to use for user-testing recordings and I've done my best trying to make it work and couldn't I've Re-Installed The Audio Drivers but nothing worked So I need Your Help to fix this problem This is the...
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...