Windows 10: microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

Discus and support microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by win10user999, Jun 6, 2018.

1. microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in

settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else)

im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely

this is extremely bad UI/UX/HCI in win10

you would most likely think that the apps under ''allow apps to access mic' are what is going to be disabled

it took me forever to find out what was causing the random mic problem

want to know the technical reasons for what win10 is doing exactly ?

in the past i think there's been 2 or so mic problem, tho they were easily solved (all of which were caused by win10). i had tried asking on the web, but not a single person on the web knew how to do basic troubleshooting of the mic problems tho

:)

win10user999, Jun 6, 2018

2. Mic. Stopped working after update Windows 1803 on 1st May. 2018.

Hi ,

I managed to fix it,

• Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
    • Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
    • Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to on

Mansour Hussain, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Mic. Stopped working after update Windows 1803 on 1st May. 2018.

Hi,

Nothing happened. Still Mic. Not Working.

I did all guided by Microsoft but nothing happened.

Now am working without Mic. I understand Problem is with Win. 10 1803.

Hi again,

I managed to fix it,

• Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
    • Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
    • Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to on

Mansour Hussain, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

1. microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' - Similar Threads - microphone 'allow apps

2. I need help with allowing apps access to microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with allowing apps access to microphone: Not able to find out how to access to microphone in games, my plug in headphones with microphone work on computer just not in games and I’ve already to to allow access to the apps through microphone > privacy > allow access then it says choose apps to allow microphone access...
  3. I need help with allowing apps access to microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with allowing apps access to microphone: Not able to find out how to access to microphone in games, my plug in headphones with microphone work on computer just not in games and I’ve already to to allow access to the apps through microphone > privacy > allow access then it says choose apps to allow microphone access...
  4. Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone

Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone: Hey, Ive used the screenrec app on my computer before and it has always worked just fine, but today I found that it wasn't recording audio. I went to my security and privacy folder and tried turning on permission to the mic but it gave me a message that some apps may not be...
  5. Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone: Hey, Ive used the screenrec app on my computer before and it has always worked just fine, but today I found that it wasn't recording audio. I went to my security and privacy folder and tried turning on permission to the mic but it gave me a message that some apps may not be...
  6. How to allow microphone access to a app that doesn't appear on the apps access page in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow microphone access to a app that doesn't appear on the apps access page in...: How can i allow microphone access to a app which doesn't appear on the apps access page in windows 11. I've tried to add via registry editor but unable to find the APP PACKAGE NAME to add accessAlso Allow desktop apps to access your camera option doesn't exist on windows...
  7. How to allow microphone access to a app that doesn't appear on the apps access page in...

How to allow microphone access to a app that doesn't appear on the apps access page in...: How can i allow microphone access to a app which doesn't appear on the apps access page in windows 11. I've tried to add via registry editor but unable to find the APP PACKAGE NAME to add accessAlso Allow desktop apps to access your camera option doesn't exist on windows...
  8. Allow desktop apps to access microphone is missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow desktop apps to access microphone is missing: Hello, I was trying to fix some settings in our pc and then I remembered that I couldn't use the microphone ingame, so I checked it out in the privacy settings, but when I opened it up I noticed that it didn't have the "Allow desktop apps to access microphone" section. Im...
  9. settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in Windows 10 Support
    settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...
  10. Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Microphone in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Microphone in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Microphone in Windows 10 How to Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Microphone in Windows 10 In Windows 10, having a camera and microphone as part of your device or system lets you make Skype video calls, take pictures, record...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add an application to allow apps to access your microphone

2. only microsoft apps allowed to use microphone

3. allow apps to access microphone windows 7

4. allow access application for mic,
  5. allow software to access microphone,
  6. device settings allow microphone to apps,
  7. app cannot access microphone,
  8. how to allow mic xbox app,
  9. microphone allows apps