Windows 10: Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it.

Discus and support Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So my mic that I use on my pc was working fine one day, and the next day for some reason it was incredible quiet. My friends told me when we we're in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brett Russell1, Sep 5, 2023.

1. Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it.

So my mic that I use on my pc was working fine one day, and the next day for some reason it was incredible quiet. My friends told me when we we're in Discord that I was extremely quiet. I noticed it was also quiet in ever other place that used the mic; OBS, in proximity chat games, and also when I checked it in Settings as well. So it's not a certain app that's the problem, it's either the mic, computer, or Windows 11.What I've already tried:The input volume slider has always been at 100% and when I test the mic in Settings it only reports back 1-5% of the volume. I've checked for updates and

:)

Brett Russell1, Sep 5, 2023

2. Mic volume extremely low

i need help ASAP. I have a headset with a mic, and it works fine on my laptop, my Xbox, my phone, everything. The mic is normal volume there. However, in Windows 10, it is extremely quiet, even though all my mic settings are turned to 100. Gain does not
    help, none of the other forums have solutions. No mic will work on Windows 10, I have to scream to get even a little volume. Please help!

Pandaparade�, Sep 5, 2023
  3. why is my mic super quiet

if im trying to play a game with a freind or something and im trying to talk my mic is extremely quiet to the point where i have to yell for any noise to come through the other end i have maxed every input volume setting i can but it doesnt change anything

Squidward Tentacles, Sep 5, 2023
  4. Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it.

Mic Suddenly Quiet on GOXLR

Try all of these fixes for Mic volume too low on Windows 10:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/i-want-...

https://www.getdroidtips.com/increase-mic-volum...

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-boos...

https://techcult.com/how-to-fix-microphone-too-...

https://windowsreport.com/volume-on-microphone-...

https://www.businessinsider.com/guides/tech/how...

Why Is My Mic So Quiet? Here's 5 Fixes For You

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the detailed results you post back, I will have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack, Sep 5, 2023
Thema:

Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it.

1. Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it. - Similar Threads - Mic EXTREMELY quiet

2. Brand new mic very quiet shows 1% result on test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new mic very quiet shows 1% result on test: I bought a new microphone which is a USB one, the brand is onn. I plug my mic in and it says its on and connected, not muted either. I hear everything fine but no matter what application or website i use for input, my mic is very low. I went into control panel and made sure...
  3. Brand new mic very quiet shows 1% result on test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new mic very quiet shows 1% result on test: I bought a new microphone which is a USB one, the brand is onn. I plug my mic in and it says its on and connected, not muted either. I hear everything fine but no matter what application or website i use for input, my mic is very low. I went into control panel and made sure...
  4. Brand new mic very quiet shows 1% result on test

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth mic making volume extremely quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mic making volume extremely quiet: When I tried using the microphone on my Bluetooth headset Sony WH-1000XM4, the volume got super quiet and I could barely even hear it, even when I had the volume all the way up. And when I'm not using the mic the volume is fine. I know this started happening recently because...
  6. Bluetooth mic making volume extremely quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth mic making volume extremely quiet: When I tried using the microphone on my Bluetooth headset Sony WH-1000XM4, the volume got super quiet and I could barely even hear it, even when I had the volume all the way up. And when I'm not using the mic the volume is fine. I know this started happening recently because...
  7. Mic is too quiet on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic is too quiet on pc: My Realtek audio mic is incredibly quiet. I've checked the driver updates and there aren't any. When I turn up my microphone boost, it crackles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-too-quiet-on-pc/6cf785b0-42d7-4807-ad58-0853659ecc54
  8. Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it.: So my mic that I use on my pc was working fine one day, and the next day for some reason it was incredible quiet. My friends told me when we we're in Discord that I was extremely quiet. I noticed it was also quiet in ever other place that used the mic; OBS, in proximity chat...
  9. Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost: as title says Mic is basically not usable , both front and rear 3.5mm I tried, -uninstalling and installing it again -unplugging them from the motherboard uninstalling the driver and plugging them again -latest driver from the motherboard and realtek websites -older...
  10. Mic volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic volume extremely low: i need help ASAP. I have a headset with a mic, and it works fine on my laptop, my Xbox, my phone, everything. The mic is normal volume there. However, in Windows 10, it is extremely quiet, even though all my mic settings are turned to 100. Gain does not help, none of the...