Windows 10: Messenger update error 0x80073CF3 now old app gone

Discus and support Messenger update error 0x80073CF3 now old app gone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I checked for updates to any installed apps via the MS Store today and Facebook Messenger needed one.I started it off but at 90% it errors with "The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ste R, Sep 25, 2024 at 3:12 PM.

1. Ste R Win User

Messenger update error 0x80073CF3 now old app gone

I checked for updates to any installed apps via the MS Store today and Facebook Messenger needed one.I started it off but at 90% it errors with "The update failed Code: 0x80073CF3 ~ Something happened on our end"Been trying all day as well as all the possible fixes for Code: 0x80073CF3 but nothing has fixed it.The Store and updates were working perfectly a few days ago so nothing on my end has changed at all.

:)

2. Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

We appreciate you for providing the information to us.

If the Messenger app doesn't show on the list under Notifications & Actions, it's possible that there are too many apps that are using the push notification. There is a limit to the number of apps you have installed that has push notifications enabled. You
    may consider removing other apps that are not in use and check if it helps.

In addition, you can also try to check the Default App for Protocol to prioritize Messenger as the default. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type Default app settings in the Search bar.
    • Click Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Look for the Messenger app then click on it.
    • Restart PC and check if it works.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

3. Messenger not supported anymore on Windows Phone

Hi Jane,

The Messenger app may not be updated on the Store app, or the phone's software is malfunctioning. For us to resolve this, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message or code?
    • Have you checked if there's an available update for the Messenger app on the Store app?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Messenger app?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

4. Messenger update error 0x80073CF3 now old app gone

Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Thema:

Messenger update error 0x80073CF3 now old app gone

1. Messenger update error 0x80073CF3 now old app gone - Similar Threads - Messenger update error

2. Messenger update error 0x80073CF3 now old app gone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Messenger update error 0x80073CF3 now old app gone: I checked for updates to any installed apps via the MS Store today and Facebook Messenger needed one.I started it off but at 90% it errors with "The update failed Code: 0x80073CF3 ~ Something happened on our end"Been trying all day as well as all the possible fixes for Code:...
  3. Messenger update error 0x80073CF3 now old app gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messenger update error 0x80073CF3 now old app gone: I checked for updates to any installed apps via the MS Store today and Facebook Messenger needed one.I started it off but at 90% it errors with "The update failed Code: 0x80073CF3 ~ Something happened on our end"Been trying all day as well as all the possible fixes for Code:...
  4. "Messenger" Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Messenger" Apps: Split from this thread. Hi Chandy, I have a couple of friends who use "Messenger" and are trying to get me interested. I was thinking of downloading it from the Microsoft store until I read this!Meta's Messenger Lite is finally ready to die.Microsoft ends another failed...
  5. Error 0x80073CF3 - Update failed

Error 0x80073CF3 - Update failed: I am trying to install on my Windows 10 PC a game from the store. First time I cancelled the download due to network problems. Since that, each time I try to install the game again I receive the error 0x80073CF3. Please help, Thanks...
  6. Microsoft store error Code: 0x80073CF3

Microsoft store error Code: 0x80073CF3: [ATTACH] Im trying to re-install my minecraft dungeon, but when i try to install the game it say error Code: 0x80073CF3. i already try installing other apps and it works just fine, only the minecraft dungeons. idk why it says update failed. i already run the troubleshot,...
  7. Messenger App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messenger App: Live tile, doesn't work, has never worked! App also refuses to stick to taskbar, no matter how may times i try to pin it there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-app/d475558c-3dc1-4f6e-8700-61fec10d828c
  8. Can't open any images. Error 0x80073CF3

Can't open any images. Error 0x80073CF3: After my computer installed the last Windows update, I have been unable to open any images (jpeg, png, bmp, etc.). I have checked the event log and found the error code, 0x80073CF3, but I can't find any solutions to the problem. I have tried uninstalling the update and...
  9. Windows Store Error Code: 0x80073CF3

Windows Store Error Code: 0x80073CF3: I've had a problem when downloading certain games from the Microsoft Store on my PC after getting the Game Pass a couple days ago. Every time I try to install some games, specifically The Outer Worlds, Dead Cells, and Dishonered, I get an error that says "Wait a few minutes...
  10. Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****???: Clearly my settings are messed up as when I shut down, 1903 updated all on its own. ****! I'm so sick of Microsoft doing this kind of stuff. Regardless, now a bunch of app tiles are gone from my start menu, and I can not even find any trace of them on my HDD at all. Right...