Windows 10: Messed up desktop icon layout

Discus and support Messed up desktop icon layout in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; While I was playing Team Foretress 2 the screen glitched for a second and went back to normal. At first I didn't think much of it but when I closed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Awsome Royce, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Messed up desktop icon layout

While I was playing Team Foretress 2 the screen glitched for a second and went back to normal. At first I didn't think much of it but when I closed the game now all of my desktop icons are screwed up, all of the other icons that don't fit get smooshed into the top left cornerHow do I fix this? I refuse to lower the scale. although it does fix the desktop icon layout it makes everything so tiny, i can't get used to thatmy desktop used to look like that but bigger

:)

Awsome Royce, Mar 23, 2022

2. Desktop icon layout

I know there are threads on how to maintain icon layout position, but I find none of them to be adequate. Why can't Microsoft just add a simple feature to save and restore desktop icon positions? Or simply just not mess them all up in the first place? And
    no, unchecking the 'auto arrange' or 'Allow themes to change desktop icons' doesn't work. Just check the 'This PC' in the 'Desktop Icon Settings', apply, then remove it and your icon layout will be messed up. The User interface is one of the most important
    element of any software. The reason people put icons on the desktop is for ease and quick access to their favorite applications. Microsoft just don't seem to get that. It's something that's been bugging me ever since I started using Windows.

I would have liked to pick 'Incompetence' for 'Category', but it wasn't listed...

MathieuComeau, Mar 23, 2022
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 23, 2022
  4. Messed up desktop icon layout

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Mar 23, 2022
Thema:

Messed up desktop icon layout

1. Messed up desktop icon layout - Similar Threads - Messed desktop icon

2. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  3. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  4. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Messed up desktop icon layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up desktop icon layout: While I was playing Team Foretress 2 the screen glitched for a second and went back to normal. At first I didn't think much of it but when I closed the game now all of my desktop icons are screwed up, all of the other icons that don't fit get smooshed into the top left...
  6. Messed up desktop icon layout

Messed up desktop icon layout: While I was playing Team Foretress 2 the screen glitched for a second and went back to normal. At first I didn't think much of it but when I closed the game now all of my desktop icons are screwed up, all of the other icons that don't fit get smooshed into the top left...
  7. Desktop Icons Messed Up in Windows 10

Desktop Icons Messed Up in Windows 10: I have an Alienware laptop and I'm running Windows 10, 64 bit, Ver. 1903, Build 18362.476. Following the November update to Window, my Desktop icons became evenly spaced across the screen with at least double the spacing between icons. If I switched off Auto arrange then...
  8. Something is up with Youtube (Messed up Layout)

in Browsers and Email
    Something is up with Youtube (Messed up Layout): I was watching some videos on youtube, catching up on my watch later playlist, then when I got done, I planned on looking up some car maintenance vids. Then out of nowhere, youtube's layout went screwy. I use google chrome (stable, version 68.0.3440.106), and I use the...
  9. Desktop icon images are messing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon images are messing up: Having this issue you can see in the pic with my icons. I have removed them and added them back but they just add back like that again and not as the should be. Didn't have an issue until a few days ago and it just started out of the blue. First with the 2 icons on the left...
  10. Turning off monitor messes up my desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning off monitor messes up my desktop icons: Hi. I know this is common issue and it's not even considered as "bug", because someone who has no brain thinks it's a good feature. So the problem, is that I have 2 monitors. Asus 4k (3840x2160) connected over DisplayPort and Asus 1080p monitor over DVI, whenever I turn my...