Windows 10: Memory caching standby memory stopped working on Windows 11 26100.1301

Discus and support Memory caching standby memory stopped working on Windows 11 26100.1301 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I noticed that launching programs for a second time after closing them takes much longer.I used Ram Map to check the actual program files and they were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Artins90, Aug 3, 2024.

1. Artins90 Win User

Memory caching standby memory stopped working on Windows 11 26100.1301

I noticed that launching programs for a second time after closing them takes much longer.I used Ram Map to check the actual program files and they were evicted from ram immediately after I closed them.The same happens with games, before this update they used to stay cached in standby memory and made subsequent lunches and loading times faster, now they are evicted immediately after closing the game. I took a video of Ram Map, The Talos Principle 2 and Task Manager: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUWYeMFGPNoNotice the large .ucass files get removed from ram after I closed the game, b

:)

Artins90, Aug 3, 2024

2. question on standby memory

It is all in order Standby memory is ram held in reserve by Windows - for use by the system if needed. - hardware etc. If processes require more ram than is shown as free, then the standby memory is released by the systme as necessary Here you can see more detail Releasing Standby memory as on post 2 and from Microsoft
    ============= With regard to your split second lags, when do these occur - browsing, gaming, etc. More information is required please.

Macboatmaster, Aug 3, 2024
  3. EdKiefer Win User
    Releasing Standby memory

This is the first I have heard of any issues with Standby list memory causing issues outside of games.
    I know there were a lot of reports around 1809 of games having issues where the standby list didn't release memory and games would stutter. There are a few programs that can clear up this issue. I have used both and they do work but I only used it for games, never noticed any issues in windows applications.
    ISLC (Intelligent standby list cleaner) by Wagnarsoft and Processlasso by Bitsum can clear the standby list automatically.

EdKiefer, Aug 3, 2024
  4. Memory caching standby memory stopped working on Windows 11 26100.1301

How to Disable memory caching/standby memory in windows 10?

Hello,

We understand that you are aware on how it works with the memory caching and the standby memory. However, the feature to completely turn off standby memory or memory caching is not yet available. To better assist you, we suggest that you post your query
    to our Feedback Hub. From there, you'll be able to submit a new issue where Microsoft developers will cater it.

We encourage you to submit your issue using the
    Feedback Hub
    . You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly
    receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for Feedback Hub in Cortana
      search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.

Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or
      Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
    • Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like
      Redirection Tools<unique link>).

Let us know if this information was helpful to you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 3, 2024
Thema:

Memory caching standby memory stopped working on Windows 11 26100.1301

1. Memory caching standby memory stopped working on Windows 11 26100.1301 - Similar Threads - Memory caching standby

2. Memory caching standby memory stopped working on Windows 11 26100.1301

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory caching standby memory stopped working on Windows 11 26100.1301: I noticed that launching programs for a second time after closing them takes much longer.I used Ram Map to check the actual program files and they were evicted from ram immediately after I closed them.The same happens with games, before this update they used to stay cached in...
  3. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  4. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  5. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How to disable memory caching and the standby memory in Win 10

How to disable memory caching and the standby memory in Win 10: Hi, I have been noticing that my laptop stutters and plain does the hour-glass thing on many occasions. I have been too busy to investigate until now. What I found is that practically all my memory appears to be permanently utilized and when I try to trace what process is...
  7. Releasing Standby memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Releasing Standby memory: Windows 10 Pro, 32GB memory, 970 GTX GPU. Ordinary boring, but previously very capable desktop. I'm running a couple Adobe tools. Needless to say, they are total pigs. And it appears they've gotten WORSE in the current version. When the Adobe products are up and running,...
  8. Memory Standby High

Memory Standby High: For some reason, my standby memory is really high, and when I empty it using RamMap it comes back like a 100 megabytes a second. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-standby-high/3a6a7a74-f99f-435d-a9da-59d139caf7ff
  9. Memory Cache

Memory Cache: I have over 3 GB in cached memory on my laptop, and my system is running very slow. Should I clear this and how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-cache/21e6386b-7e09-4237-9c40-22e40271175d
  10. standby memory not releasing

standby memory not releasing: Windows 10 ver 1903 standby memory not releasing, have to use Rammap all the time. All drivers are up to date, no malware or virus, any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standby-memory-not-releasing/e5341242-acc1-4a88-927d-bf7842fd3a54