Windows 10: Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc.

Discus and support Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to make a custom iso file for my class. Another solution will do, I'll get to the problem later on. We use Vmware to make a virtual machine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mr. Michael Woodcock, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc.

I want to make a custom iso file for my class. Another solution will do, I'll get to the problem later on. We use Vmware to make a virtual machine, install WAMP, make a website with it, etc. The problem is that doing any file operations on the VM just takes the whole class period. We can't extract or move the WAMP folder at all without it taking forever. We start doing it and before long the whole lab time is gone and we haven't even finished. I want to make an ISO file that the students can use that will have the WAMP files pre-extracted on the desktop for installation. I have found som

:)

Mr. Michael Woodcock, Dec 4, 2023

2. Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc.

I want to make a custom iso file for my class. Another solution will do, I'll get to the problem later on. We use Vmware to make a virtual machine, install WAMP, make a website with it, etc.

The problem is that doing any file operations on the VM just takes the whole class period. We can't extract or move the WAMP folder at all without it taking forever. We start doing it and before long the whole lab time is gone and we haven't even finished.

I want to make an ISO file that the students can use that will have the WAMP files pre-extracted on the desktop for installation.

I have found some methods I think I can employ to do this. As student we have some way to get license keys through our school accounts.

But how do I make the ISO prompt for the license keys?

Also, any other solution will do. We merely need to be able to complete the project within the class period.

Thank you!

Mr. Michael Woodcock, Dec 4, 2023
  3. Google classroom is not working/accessible

I tried your suggestion but still the same result for google classroom.

ReynalynNavales, Dec 4, 2023
  4. Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc.

Installing Win10 ISO with VMware Fusion 8

Because you are running OS X, you will need to download the .ISO for Windows 10 directly using Techbench:

Resources:

How to Install Windows 10 on OS X in VMware Fusion 8 - groovyPost

Create a Custom Windows 10 VM on Mac with VMware Fusion

Tips for Using OS X and Windows 10 Together in VMware Fusion

How to download the ISO:

Go to:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Before you begin

Make sure you have:

• An internet connection (internet service provider fees may apply).
    • Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the ISO downloads and scripts.
    • 16GB or Greater USB Flash Drive for use on low disk space systems.
    • Micro-USB Adapter for using media on Tablets.

Click in the Select edition list box and choose your edition, Windows 10 contains both installation files for Home and Professional allowing you to select either edition during setup. Choose that, click confirm and wait while the option is validated.
    Do not refresh the page. If you are running Windows 8.1 with Bing edition, please make sure you select Windows 10 SL.

Only select Windows 10 N if you live in Europe, please note it does not contain Windows Media Player.

Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc. 80d767a5-8337-4c3f-a62b-fc247b22b577.jpg

Click in the list box then select your language then click confirm
    and wait while the option is validated. Do not refresh the page.

Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc. 24d11bc3-7f6f-43d4-a0d0-afc03f117c0a.jpg

Click your desired architecture then click save.

Follow the instructions to use either the
    Microsoft .iso to USB/DVD tool
    , Rufus or the Disc Image burning utility in Windows 7 or later to prepare the .ISO file. You can also mount the .ISO file in Windows 8 or later then perform an upgrade.

Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc. 62d5c53a-17de-4c06-ae3c-bc792f2fcd8a.jpg

Andre Da Costa, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc.

1. Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc. - Similar Threads - Making custom ISO

2. Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc.: I want to make a custom iso file for my class. Another solution will do, I'll get to the problem later on. We use Vmware to make a virtual machine, install WAMP, make a website with it, etc. The problem is that doing any file operations on the VM just takes the whole class...
  3. Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making a custom ISO file for classroom instruction VMware use, considerations, etc.: I want to make a custom iso file for my class. Another solution will do, I'll get to the problem later on. We use Vmware to make a virtual machine, install WAMP, make a website with it, etc. The problem is that doing any file operations on the VM just takes the whole class...
  4. Is it allowed to use custom windows ISO from the Internet like Ghost Spectre, Team OS etc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it allowed to use custom windows ISO from the Internet like Ghost Spectre, Team OS etc?: Just wondering. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-allowed-to-use-custom-windows-iso-from-the/44750b9a-d0ae-4c13-97de-e51b53e0e901
  5. Is it allowed to use custom windows ISO from the Internet like Ghost Spectre, Team OS etc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it allowed to use custom windows ISO from the Internet like Ghost Spectre, Team OS etc?: Just wondering. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-allowed-to-use-custom-windows-iso-from-the/44750b9a-d0ae-4c13-97de-e51b53e0e901
  6. Is it allowed to use custom windows ISO from the Internet like Ghost Spectre, Team OS etc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. using Zoom classroom

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    using Zoom classroom: Does anyone know what was hacked in the recentZoom classroom hacking? My understanding was the hacker managed to enter the classroom and disrupt the class. That would indicate that the teachers entrance password was hacked. Can hackers hack any of the students who use the...
  8. Instructions for deleting files, using CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Instructions for deleting files, using CMD: Hello to the Community, Need to delete lots of files; some are large. I'm looking for the steps to permanently delete selected files, using CMD (I am NOT a skilled User) The standard Delete via File Explorer sometimes doens't work....and/or is very slow to delete....
  9. how to make an iso file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to make an iso file?: so I want to make an iso file but I don't trust a lot of 3rd party tools and don't have any way to create an iso file. can I have some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-an-iso-file/eb54ad5b-3f7e-414e-ba26-44a85b40df03"
  10. Making custom Windows 10 Pro ISO files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making custom Windows 10 Pro ISO files: Hi. I'm a guy who likes to mess around with his OS a lot and I also like to reinstall my OS quite a lot as well for some reason. I refuse to use Linux cause most of my games aren't functional there and well I just like windows more. As a part of my habit to mess with the...