Windows 10: Make Taskbar Notifications More Visible

Discus and support Make Taskbar Notifications More Visible in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The translucent orange that is now used for the taskbar notifications is too hard to see/notice that anything has changed. How do I change that setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Allie Lee2, Aug 7, 2024.

1. Make Taskbar Notifications More Visible

The translucent orange that is now used for the taskbar notifications is too hard to see/notice that anything has changed. How do I change that setting so that there's more of a contrast without changing the entire color scheme to dark?It won't let me upload a screenshot.

:)

Allie Lee2, Aug 7, 2024
  2. Arul_D Win User

How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Aug 7, 2024
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Notification icons visibility dependet on taskbar width?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It is very unusual that you the Notification icons doesn’t show up in the system tray properly. I have tried to reproduce the same on my computer with 13 icons in the system tray and I was able to see all the 13 icons with the minimum width of the
    Taskbar.

As this is not working in your case, we would like to know the details requested below:

• Which version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

However, we can try few troubleshooting steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Update display drivers

I suggest you to try updating display drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: Change display resolution

I would suggest you to try changing the display resolution and see if the all notification icons are visible. To change the resolution go to
    Start >> Settings >> System >> Display.

Method 3: Re-register Start Menu and Taskbar

Try re-registering the Start Menu by using PowerShell commands and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Now type in the following command and hit
      Enter
      to re-register Start Menu: Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
    3. Restart the PC.

Method 4: New User account

Create a new user account to isolate the issue related to user account corruption. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I would also suggest you to install all the pending updates on the computer. Go to
    Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> Check for updates.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 7, 2024
  4. Make Taskbar Notifications More Visible

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 7, 2024
Thema:

Make Taskbar Notifications More Visible

1. Make Taskbar Notifications More Visible - Similar Threads - Taskbar Notifications More

2. Make Taskbar Notifications More Visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make Taskbar Notifications More Visible: The translucent orange that is now used for the taskbar notifications is too hard to see/notice that anything has changed. How do I change that setting so that there's more of a contrast without changing the entire color scheme to dark?It won't let me upload a screenshot....
  3. Make Taskbar Notifications More Visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Taskbar Notifications More Visible: The translucent orange that is now used for the taskbar notifications is too hard to see/notice that anything has changed. How do I change that setting so that there's more of a contrast without changing the entire color scheme to dark?It won't let me upload a screenshot....
  4. Taskbar visibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar visibility: Whenever I tab out of a fullscreen application, my taskbar turns invisible and I cannot click on it. Whenever I click where my taskbar WOULD be, it just tabs me back into the full-screened application. For example, I would be playing apex legends, and when I tab out, my...
  5. How can I make the cursor appear more visible?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I make the cursor appear more visible?: When on night-time mode, the cursor is hard to see. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-the-cursor-appear-more-visible/b9834c44-135c-4097-9074-9be043ee61b1
  6. How to make active taskbar window more visible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make active taskbar window more visible: I have about 10 windows open on the taskbar and the active one is a very minimally different shade making it hard to quickly find the correct window. Is there a way to change this? I tried high contrast theme and thought it was perfect at first because it let me pick the...
  7. Notification icons visibility dependet on taskbar width?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification icons visibility dependet on taskbar width?: Hi, I'm using the taskbar placed on the left side on the screen. After this, some notification icons are not visible. If I'm trying to resize the width of the taskbar, the count of visible icons are changing. Typically, I want to see all icons. Is this a Win10 bug? It looks...
  8. Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10

Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10: Thought I'd post a solution to this issue that works to my satisfaction. I installed the free WinAero Tweaker app. Under Advanced Settings > Scrollbars, you can change the scrollbar width. Making the scrollbars wider makes the scrollbar handles much more visible. I hated...
  9. Make Taskbar More Transparent In 1803?

Make Taskbar More Transparent In 1803?: Not a major issue, but kind of annoying me as it appears slightly transparent, but not enough. I use a solid black background, and it appears grey. Anyway to make it more transparent? I can't find any setting to adjust it. 109056
  10. Make Taskbar More Transparent In 1803?

Make Taskbar More Transparent In 1803?: Not here Mike......did the reg file, rebooted the system and no luck.......maybe there is something in my settings that is stopping it.....Oh well, not sure I really wanted it clear, just thought I would try to confirm your findings.. It's not completely clear, still has a...